American Idol Unpopular Opinions Thread

countrynineteen

2 hours ago, Hsamid said:

I get it. But In fairness, it's hard to replicate that same passion after the show when lots of contestants don't post often. (Covers, new music, etc). Most of my favourites from previous seasons post something every few months, some im lucky to get anything at all in a year, and even fewer that post anything music related with any regularity. Off the top of my head, only Grace West and Allegra Miles fall into that category for contestants I've checked in with recently.

Even when they do, it's seldom at the rate where it's comparable to when they were on the show, performing weekly. 

Some of them don’t do much. I totally get it. Others try for a while, and give up too easily. 

But, when I see that Grace W. is still busting her a** every day, I’m going to reward that by listened to her music when it finally gets released. Most people who watch these shows, and vote for them won’t even do that. I don’t think you’re part of that group. 

• Like 10

I'm in a weird camp of mostly being into the girls this year (tho a lot of the ones I was passionate about are gone like K Blocks, Nya, and Jayna), but I also really like Kayko as well. Probably my favorite guy this year?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Some of them don’t do much. I totally get it. Others try for a while, and give up too easily. 

But, when I see that Grace W. is still busting her a** every day, I’m going to reward that by listened to her music when it finally gets released. Most people who watch these shows, and vote for them won’t even do that. I don’t think you’re part of that group. 

Yeah, Grace W might be the most active contestant post show I can remember, at least when it comes to covers. She had 6 on her Instagram in March alone. Thats more than I get from multiple contestants in a year lol.

And I get that a lot of contestants are busy with shows and such. But some of us don't live in the US, so I really appreciate Grace or any other contestant posting covers regularly.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Yeah, Grace W might be the most active contestant post show I can remember, at least when it comes to covers. She had 6 on her Instagram in March alone. Thats more than I get from multiple contestants in a year lol.

And I get that a lot of contestants are busy with shows and such. But some of us don't live in the US, so I really appreciate Grace or any other contestant posting covers regularly.

She definitely posts a lot of covers, but she’s also still busy with her songwriting career, and seems to be getting plenty of paid gigs. I just wish she’d get that music released that she keeps talking about. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She definitely posts a lot of covers, but she’s also still busy with her songwriting career, and seems to be getting plenty of paid gigs. I just wish she’d get that music released that she keeps talking about. 

I agree she needs to release some music already.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Zoey said:

This might be a safe space for those who tend to fangirl for females but why not let it just be a safe space for everyone and not ostracise say Kayko’s fans for example?

Just my take on what’s going on. 

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952p6f3aeq6xop0r5wylw3

TRUTH CANNON💯😀

• Like 1

IDF is largely delusional about their female snowflakes. Abi has been decent, with just a few hiccups, but the others would be fodder on the other popular singing show (battle or KO fodder, most likely). The only thing keeping them around is their backstories and pimping. They threw KB a life raft last night by having her close the show. She was better than she had been in a while, but she’s been mostly terrible throughout her run. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

IDF is largely delusional about their female snowflakes. Abi has been decent, with just a few hiccups, but the others would be fodder on the other popular singing show (battle or KO fodder, most likely). The only thing keeping them around is their backstories and pimping. They threw KB a life raft last night by having her close the show. She was better than she had been in a while, but she’s been mostly terrible throughout her run. 

I think you are confusing KB with Will. 

• Thanks 3

I thought I would enjoy McKenna, but girl can’t sing live. 

Julia’s technique needs a lot of work. I haven’t enjoyed anything she’s done, honestly. 

I don’t feel like ragging on Emmy, so I’ll stop there. 

Besides Abi, the females on S22 are weak. I’m still open to changing my mind if they can turn the corner tonight or next week. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

you are entitled to your opinion and i respect it, but it's just coming across as bitter due to events surrounding your fave that have occured today. 

the women all have 106k+ followers on Instagram (with the exception of Julia) so clearly IDF is not delusional for enjoying them, since many others seem to as well!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, m1key said:

you are entitled to your opinion and i respect it, but it's just coming across as bitter due to events surrounding your fave that have occured today. 

the women all have 106k+ followers on Instagram (with the exception of Julia) so clearly IDF is not delusional for enjoying them, since many others seem to as well!

They got most of those followers because of backstories and such. It has very little to do with singing ability. Although, McKenna did do well early on. 

The 15 year old who is favored to win has relatively low follower numbers. I don’t put much stock in that. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

I mean, this was true 10 years ago. The curiosity bug bit hard enough for me to sample this season (only finished the top 24 showcase so far), but my first impression was "did IDF cast the girls this year"? I mean, if they're popular then good for them; I don't think many of them stunk up the joint. But the whole folksy "singer/songwriter" shtick got old for me years and years and years ago.

I reckon Triston and Julia are the best, from what I've seen so far at least. Glad to see they're still in the competition. The guys are overall pretty cute this year, I ain't mad about that lol.

Edited by Weedy_Speedy

Oh that’s not-

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

I thought I would enjoy McKenna, but girl can’t sing live. 

Julia’s technique needs a lot of work. I haven’t enjoyed anything she’s done, honestly. 

I don’t feel like ragging on Emmy, so I’ll stop there. 

Besides Abi, the females on S22 are weak. I’m still open to changing my mind if they can turn the corner tonight or next week. 

I agree with one of these points :stealth:

Edited by Bk1234

- Jack had the best performance last night, top 5 of the season for me.

- and yes, I liked Abi's performance, but my main issue with the performance was I wish her belts were a tad more powerful. They kinda lacked punch, which you sort of need for Evanescence (even though she hit all the notes). I still think it was top 3 of hers this season, but I prefer her audition and yellow brick road.

- Will has had the best run from start to finish, and I suspect that will continue, I do think he'd be the most deserving winner at this point in time. Even if I prefer McKenna, Jack and Abi at their best

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hsamid said:

- Jack had the best performance last night, top 5 of the season for me.

- and yes, I liked Abi's performance, but my main issue with the performance was I wish her belts were a tad more powerful. They kinda lacked punch, which you sort of need for Evanescence (even though she hit all the notes). I still think it was top 3 of hers this season, but I prefer her audition and yellow brick road.

- Will has had the best run from start to finish, and I suspect that will continue, I do think he'd be the most deserving winner at this point in time. Even if I prefer McKenna, Jack and Abi at their best

True.

1 minute ago, Gustavo527 said:

I would have eliminated Kaibrienne (along with Kayko) since the Billboard #1 Hits' week because that cover of "Wrecking Ball" was awful. So, at the end of the day, she was not that big of a loss.

Losing Nya was a lot worse, i don't care if it was obvious she was gonna lose due to the audience.

I agree, she's been very inconsistent basically her entire live run 

never really topped her audition, Hollywood or showstopper shallow performance imo. 

Shame, she has a great voice.

17 minutes ago, MargoK said:

Obviously Julia cannot win this season, but she has the best voice. But we all know that the best singer rarely wins.

Well yeah, Jayna and a bunch of other great singers were also eliminated already. 

Edited by Floaty
  • Like 2