The Voice 17 ● Live Top 8 Eliminations ● Discussion

istersay

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Except for the scary comments I read here, Katie has always dominated in all social media! And as far as my family is concerned, we LOVED her last NIGHT!!! LOVED LOVED LOVED!! It was SASS to the SASS MAX POWER of SASS!! And in her interview last night regarding her favorite moment on the show, she said it was when she turned around in Lady Marmalade and said “se sois.”

LOVING KATIE and will be so sad when it’s OVER! I hope she will be one we can continue to see and hear!!

She had quite a bit of material on iTunes pre-Voice. Hope to hear even more after the season :flowers:

I only said that, because you were eliminating black females to whittle it down to as small of a number as possible. :haha:

But… the post specifically said black women. As in, 18+.

People were accusing the post of being wrong and naming teenagers to counter the original post. I was just pointing out that the original post always specified that they meant adult women. I'm not trying to "eliminate" anybody to "whittle it down to as small a number as possible." I'm only being accurate. :rolleyes:

The black children and teenagers on this show have had totally different styles and appeals, and they don't deal with the same stigmas that 18+ black women do, which explains why more of them have had relative success on this show.

And by the way, Aliyah was 15… so she doesn't count, either. :haha:

On the subject of black teenagers and The Voice, it's interesting that we've had no black teenage males make it to the finale. Teenage boys seem to struggle to make it in general… can't remember any besides Jake Worthington, Sawyer, and Britton. And it seems rare for this show to feature any black teenage males in the first place… who else have we even had at all, besides Quizz?

But… the post specifically said black women. As in, 18+.

People were accusing the post of being wrong and naming teenagers to counter the original post. I was just pointing out that the original post always specified that they meant adult women. I'm not trying to "eliminate" anybody to "whittle it down to as small a number as possible." I'm only being accurate. :rolleyes:

The black children and teenagers on this show have had totally different styles and appeals, and they don't deal with the same stigmas that 18+ black women do, which explains why more of them have had relative success on this show.

And by the way, Aliyah was 15… so she doesn't count, either. :haha:

On the subject of black teenagers and The Voice, it's interesting that we've had no black teenage males make it to the finale. Teenage boys seem to struggle to make it in general… can't remember any besides Jake Worthington, Sawyer, and Britton. And it seems rare for this show to feature any black teenage males in the first place… who else have we even had at all, besides Quizz?

Really accurate. I love when people come counting Tessanne as a black woman while she is mixed and her phenotype is mostly Asian. Why don't these people just admit black women are not supported by the main audience? Even those were teenagers like Kennedy who had a ridiculous x factor lost to a basic white teenager like Chevel. And if you try to point that is a matter of musical genre, why Spensha that was the only country act in the other finale was defeated by a pitchy but white Brynn?

And you noticed something I didn't realize that was the lack of black teenage males. Other than Quizz, I only remember Trevin in S3. Either way, although they suffer racism as well, at least they are men and managed to win three times.

I think the only way for a black female to win TV is if she:

1) is a teenager;

2) sings country;

3) is on Blake's team AND

4) is TPTB TCO, receiving massive pimpage, leaked videos and so on...

IDF: America is racist!

Also IDF: Tessanne doesn't count because she's not a full blooded 100% Black woman.

IDF again : Basic white teens always succeed on the show! It's so annoying!

Still IDF: Black teens' success on the show doesn't count because they have a different appeal!

:haha:

Edited by echoap

IDF: America is racist!

Also IDF: Tessanne doesn't count because she's not a full blooded 100% AA.

IDF again : Basic white teens always succeed on the show! It's so annoying!

Still IDF: Black teens' success on the show doesn't count because they have a different appeal!

:haha:

When I see the word “mixed” used to argue that someone isn’t black, I just....Really?

Edited by TeamAudra

Really accurate. I love when people come counting Tessanne as a black woman while she is mixed and her phenotype is mostly Asian. Why don't these people just admit black women are not supported by the main audience? Even those were teenagers like Kennedy who had a ridiculous x factor lost to a basic white teenager like Chevel. And if you try to point that is a matter of musical genre, why Spensha that was the only country act in the other finale was defeated by a pitchy but white Brynn?

And you noticed something I didn't realize that was the lack of black teenage males. Other than Quizz, I only remember Trevin in S3. Either way, although they suffer racism as well, at least they are men and managed to win three times.

I think the only way for a black female to win TV is if she:

1) is a teenager;

2) sings country;

3) is on Blake's team AND

4) is TPTB TCO, receiving massive pimpage, leaked videos and so on...

The problem with this argument is that you’re tearing down others to make your case. That tactic is counterproductive.

I actually started Spensha’s fan thread. Regardless of what you think of Brynn (I know she wasn’t flawless on the show...I get it), Spensha didn’t do enough to win the show. She certainly could have, IMO.

Chevel and Kennedy both excelled in their chosen genre....much more so than the 2nd and 3rd place finishers. From there, it comes down to musical taste, local support, etc. I mean...she didn’t only lose to Chevel, if we’re being honest, but that’s how it usually gets portrayed. I also believe there was some backlash over the OTT pimping around her Kennedy’s blind. Maybe they now realize that, because they hid TCO for weeks in the following season.

Edited by TeamAudra

IMO, people just should accept the fact that the diva type is not popular among the voters. Two of my favorite genres; Rock and Indie folk/pop, aren't popular either, but I don't see threads complaining like "Will a indie folk girl ever win The Voice? Is America ukuleleist?" you know :haha:

Racism exists, but that's not the main issue here.

Edited by echoap

IMO, people just should accept the fact that the diva type is not popular among the voters. Two of my favorite genres; Rock and Indie folk/pop, aren't popular either, but I don't see threads complaining like "Will a indie folk girl ever win The Voice? Is America ukuleleist?" you know :haha:

Racism exists, but that's not the main issue here.

I agree it's about genre more than race. And I happen to like the same genres you do btw. Twins! :lol: