• Marybeth Byrd
    • Max Boyle
    • Myracle Holloway
    • Ricky Duran
    • Rose Short
    • Shane Q
    • Will Breman

Studios (pre-lives):

katie - i was just about to suggest this song after watching "little", ugh her mind!!!

kat - blake was right, her voice sounds amazing in the studio

rose - arrangement isn't the best, but she snapped

cali - she/blake snapped

marybeth - god song, so she's fine, but i wanted something different

ricky - something different, but not my fave song choice for him

hello sunday - gonna be chaotic

will - he's just not very vocally technical

max - those falsettos have very high potential of either being tragic/great live

jake - fine, he sounds more twangy than usual though

joana - this is very whatever the opposite of dynamic is...

myracle - her voice sounds gone, this is gonna be very tragic

shane - why's he singing country...so bad

Lives:

katie - i prefer her live, but ughhh i have to stream her studio instead

rose - iffy beginning, but still amazing

marybeth - loved the rawness, people will flock to her studio

ricky - did what he was supposed to

kat - the difference between her studio/live is noticeable, prefer her studio

cali - bounced back like a champ, prefer her studio

jake - decent enough, good story

hello sunday - two stairs queens!

max - he has a big enough following to survive, unfortunately

joana - that song choice was very tragic...

will - instant save goat

myracle - ok, but awkward

shane - we been knew, unforgivable

Edited by holinessss

:wub:

1. Katie Kadan (10/10) - Flawless. Performance of the season!

2. Ricky Duran (9/10) - Tired of the song, but he did everything right with it. Well done!

3. Rose Short (9/10) - She continues to impress and certainly deserves all the praise she gets.

:thumbs:

4. Cali Wilson (8.5/10) - Not a perfect delivery, but there was passion and emotion there that made it an excellent version of the song.

5. Myracle Holloway (8.5/10) - She chose the wrong song tonight to be genuinely safe, but it was still a very strong performance. Her vocals have been the most consistent in the competition this season.

6. Marybeth Byrd (8/10) - Emotions got the best of her, but it was still very strong overall.

7. Joana Martinez (7.5/10) - The fact that this isn't higher is the song's fault. It's a bizarre song choice that isn't build for singing competitions. She did well, but vocally it does nothing and it has the potential to send her home, even though she doesn't deserve it.

:|

8. Will Breman (7.5/10) - He struggled tonight at some moments, but he had more strong moments overall. Still his weakest thus far.

9. Jake Hoot (7.5/10) - Not a fan of him, but a fan of the song. There's been better performances of this song on the show before, so sadly this did nothing for me.

10. Hello Sunday (7.5/10) - I'm glad they're improving. They actually did very solid tonight, but Myla was still being held back by Chelsea and the song choice wasn't helpful at all.

11. Max Boyle (7/10) - He struggled a bit in the falsetto and it was overall just an okay performance. A big downturn from his last 2 performances, sadly.

:(

12. Kat Hammock (6.5/10) - It was uninteresting and vocally unimpressive.

:x

13. Shane Q (5/10) - Strangely, I felt this was his best performance to date. I don't need to listen to him again though.

Personal preference n

1.Kat - Love her voice and this was her best yet.

2.Cali - Proves what she can do with the right song.

3.Rose - A little iffy at the start but damn she can sing.

4.Joana - Fought her way thru a tragic song choice.

5.Hoot - Soaring voice sounded great on this classic.

6.Marybeth - Love the emotion...average vocal imo.

7.Ricky - Solid...but forgettable.

8.Katie - Still way to much for me. I get why she's gonna win tho.

9.Max - High notes sounded really bad to me. Prolly just bc I don't like males with high voices. Idk.

10.HS - A mess...but there were worse.

11.Myracle - Bad song and her voice sounds shot to me.

12.Will - Beginning wasn't awful, but the rest sure was.

13.Shane - Starting to feel bad for the guy...but this didn't work at all.

Take personal preferences out of the equation, and objectively the best vocals imo were

1. Rose

2. Katie

3. Ricky

Edited by ATX29

1. Katie (10/10): she always impress me a lot

2. Rose (9/10): she's amazing, I love her every single time

3. Myracle (8.5/10): she was bery good tonight, I hope she's safe

4. Ricky (8/10): not a big fan, but I liked him tonight

5. Hello Sunday (7.5/10): ususally I don't like them, but they improved a lot

6. Will (7.5/10): I love him, but tonight was not his best night

7. Max (7/10): Same as Will

8. Joana (7/10): it was nice and entertaining, but a little bit weak

9. Jake (6.5/10): he's always the same

10. Marybeth (6/10): she's overrated in my opinion, and tonight she showed that

11. Cali (5/10): boring

12. Kat (5/10): same as Cali

13. Shane (4/10): a big mess overall

1. the song is so sweet. he got the powerful voice and body

2. a lil shaky baby but still gorgeous

3. so boring but vocally so fine

4. nice singing, really deadass look so fake on camera tho

5. well it's cute

6. very cool song but she didn't soar on the high notes

7. i just expected more

8. it's too monotone and she basically just screamed her lung out

9. will - a mess, he stuttered more than singing

10. the whole performance just look soo fake and theatrical. the vocals tho, ew

11. wtf is that

12. ruined my fave song. very weak falsetto. i'm uncomfortable

can't rank

i'm really not interested enough to watch his performance

6-9 are interchangeable.

1. Katie - I’m not a fan of her style, but she’s undeniably really good

2. Rose - See above.

3. Ricky - See above. It doesn’t seem like his popularity with the audience matches his performance quality, unless he has a hidden fanbase.

4. Marybeth - Not vocally perfect, but a great performance, IMO

5. Hoot - Good enough, but he should avoid lumbering around the stage as he did last night. Stand in one spot with a guitar.

6. Kat - I want to like her performances, but I don’t.

7. Myracle - Average at best.

8. Max - His weakest performance to date.

9. Joanna - Whoever chose that song for her is partially responsible for this ranking.

10. Cali - No, I’m not comparing her to Kacey. It objectively wasn’t very good. “Better than last week” is a low bar.

11. Will - I rewatched it a few minutes ago to make sure. Sorry, it was a mess.

12. Hello Sunday - No

13. Shane - I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t go home tonight.

Edited by TeamAudra

1 Rose - queen :wub:

2 Katie - really good

3 Hello Sunday - hated their performances last week but this was kinda great :o

4 Cali - much better than last week, her falsetto is really nice!

5 Kat - not perfect but it was pretty

6 Max - not his best but I love his voice

7 Ricky - solid as always

8 Joana - I love her but wtf was this song choice?

9 Myracle - bad song choice, she did decent

10 Will - meh... looking at how stacked John's team was after BAs it's hard to believe this mediocre guy somehow made his top 3

11 Jake - decent but :sleep:

12 Shane - well, it was better than last week I guess

13 Marybeth - wtf happened to her? one of the best BAs of the season but she gets worse and worse with every performance. this was actually painful to listen to

6-9 are interchangeable.

1. Katie - I'm not a fan of her style, but she's undeniably really good

2. Rose - See above.

3. Ricky - See above. It doesn't seem like his popularity with the audience matches his performance quality, unless he has a hidden fanbase.

4. Marybeth - Not vocally perfect, but a great performance, IMO

5. Hoot - Good enough, but he should avoid lumbering around the stage as he did last night. Stand in one spot with a guitar.

6. Kat - I want to like her performances, but I don't.

7. Myracle - Average at best.

8. Max - His weakest performance to date.

9. Joanna - Whoever chose that song for her is partially responsible for this ranking.

10. Cali - No, I'm not comparing her to Kacey. It objectively wasn't very good. "Better than last week" is a low bar.

11. Will - I rewatched it a few minutes ago to make sure. Sorry, it was a mess.

12. Hello Sunday - No

13. Shane - I'll be shocked if he doesn't go home tonight.

Switch Katie and Rose, Max and Myracle, and I agree with the rest.

The buses have left the station. Makes it easy to see who the producers want from each team: Jake, Rose, Katie and Kat.

Switch Katie and Rose, Max and Myracle, and I agree with the rest.

The buses have left the station. Makes it easy to see who the producers want from each team: Jake, Rose, Katie and Kat.

Have you seen the production that went into Marybeth? She’s good but that was over the top production. I mean I feel like tptb want Katie and Marybeth in the finale...which is why they busses will by not telling him to rein in his extra ness for the whole song .

Have you seen the production that went into Marybeth? She's good but that was over the top production. I mean I feel like tptb want Katie and Marybeth in the finale...which is why they busses will by not telling him to rein in his extra ness for the whole song .

I agree they were using Will for the aspie buzz, and maybe they're done with him now.

Also maybe you're right and they don't care at all about Gwen making the finals and would rather have 2 TJ in there instead.

I agree they were using Will for the aspie buzz, and maybe they're done with him now.

Also maybe you're right and they don't care at all about Gwen making the finals and would rather have 2 TJ in there instead.

I mean yes he has Asperger’s but that doesn’t define all of who he is. Like my Asperger’s and other disabilities doesn’t define all of me. If that was their main goal of brining Will into the top 13 I’m angry, especially cause Will actually has talent and potential.

Also I was thinking maybe they want none of Kelly considering that’s what many people think is the weakest

Edited by xfactor22

Also I was thinking maybe they want none of Kelly considering that's what many people think is the weakest

Jake got a no-brainer song, so I highly doubt they don't want Kelly in the finals, on the contrary. Too many reasons they'll want to make sure she's in the finals. And although I think he's getting worse, Jake will keep getting great songs (competition-wise) to make sure he hangs in there till the end.

1. THE Rose Short - this girl's voice is so smooth and clear.

2. Ricky Duran - Loved him last night.

3. Joana Martinez - I'm sorry for her song choice, but she was moving the whole performance and still was able to be on her A game, great voice control, she's so good, TPTB work in mysterious ways.

4. Cali Wilson - Ok I did not except to like this, great comeback.

5. Katie Kadan - Vocal beast but can't appreciate her version. This song belongs to Janice Freeman :'( .

6. Will Breman - He struggled but still was fun to watch, he has something I can't describe, I really enjoy it.

7. Jake Hoot - I like him tbh but come on this was the same as his KO/PO.

8. Marybeth Byrd - Meh, brings nothing new to the table and still will be on finale night zzzz.

9. Myracle Holloway - Ouch her vocal cords.

10. Shane Q - I really liked this song but he struggles so much to connect, I feel bad for him but I don't think he was the worst.

11. Max Boyle - Lol this was a mess imo. Stay on slow songs.

12. Kat Hammock - I have nothing againts the girl, but ugh not my style at all, can't dig this at all.

13. Hello Sunday - What a big mess.

My rank changed so much based on last night lol.

Edited by fredcr123

I mean yes he has Asperger's but that doesn't define all of who he is. Like my Asperger's and other disabilities doesn't define all of me. If that was their main goal of brining Will into the top 13 I'm angry, especially cause Will actually has talent and potential.

I don't disagree at all. But we all know the producers are ruthless.

Jake got a no-brainer song, so I highly doubt they don't want Kelly in the finals, on the contrary. Too many reasons they'll want to make sure she's in the finals. And although I think he's getting worse, Jake will keep getting great songs (competition-wise) to make sure he hangs in there till the end.

Danny’s song is great on paper but as we saw last night it doesn’t work out for country singers

PASSABLE

1. Katie Kadan: Her style is so extra, I just can't. It was fun though, she's always fun. :haha:

2. Joana Martinez: I always got a sweet spot for anyone who, despite getting bussed, managed to shine and deliver a good performance. :flowers:

3. Marybeth Byrd: She cried on stage. :icecream:

SOMEHOW MANAGED TO MAKE IT UNTIL THE END

4.Rose Short: LMAO tf was that? Perhaps a timing mismatch with the audio? By chance, obviously. TPTB would never buss a contestant like that ;). She got possessed by Katie Kadan messy by the end of the performance and that's entirely her fault. :no:

5. Ricky Duran: He reminds me of Drew Cole, which is cool, but he always fails to deliver the climax in his songs nonetheless. :yawn:

6. Cali Wilson: She's got a beautiful tone.Too bad she has no idea what to do with it. :)

7. Kat Hammock: Kinda boring overall but I'm glad she's getting more ambitious every week. :)

8. Max Boyle: He's an oversinger now? lol, get back to the usual pop tenor stuff please. :rolleyes:

9. The Hoot: He's been showcasing mediocrity lately, even with this really good song choice. Another victim of the lack of autotune I guess :ohyeah:

10. Hello Sunday: Good enough to fool team Minivan I guess. :/

COULDN'T EVEN WATCH THE WHOLE PERFORMANCE

11. Will Breman: He already fulfilled his role, it's getting time for him to leave. ^_^

12. Myracle Holloway: Karaoke at best. :sleep:

13. Shane Q: This guy has been a disaster since the knockouts. It's time to put him out of his misery please. :x

1. THE Rose Short - this girl's voice is so smooth and clear.

2. Ricky Duran - Loved him last night.

3. Joana Martinez - I'm sorry for her song choice, but she was moving the whole performance and still was able to be on her A game, great voice control, she's so good, TPTB work in mysterious ways.

4. Cali Wilson - Ok I did not except to like this, great comeback.

5. Katie Kadan - Vocal beast but can't appreciate her version. This song belongs to Janice Freeman :'( .

6. Will Breman - He struggled but still was fun to watch, he has something I can't describe, I really enjoy it.

7. Jake Hoot - I like him tbh but come on this was the same as his KO/PO.

8. Marybeth Byrd - Meh, brings nothing new to the table and still will be on finale night zzzz.

9. Myracle Holloway - Ouch her vocal cords.

10. Shane Q - I really liked this song but he struggles so much to connect, I feel bad for him but I don't think he was the worst.

11. Max Boyle - Lol this was a mess imo. Stay on slow songs.

12. Kat Hammock - I have nothing againts the girl, but ugh not my style at all, can't dig this at all.

13. Hello Sunday - What a big mess.

My rank changed so much based on last night lol.

He has a "joie de vivre," a joy of life and an infectious enthusiasm. I enjoy it, too.

idk why I laughed at this :haha: it sounds like you only like the crying part of her performance.

:haha: I don't have a favorite so I'm just having fun :lol:. It was a good performance. Marybeth struggled a bit due to the emotion but it worked well. One of the best of the night IMO :thumbs:.

Of course we need to talk about the icing on the cake :icecream:. Cying on stage has propelled countless contestants to the Finale, whether those tears are genuine or not, it doesn't matter :haha:.

-------------------------------------

Speaking of crying on stage, I remember this incident with Kyla Jade in season 14:

[Dramatization]

-During the knockouts-

The audience: aww, too bad Jaclyn got paired against Kyla.

Also the audience: Bad song choice, Jaclyn had no chance against Kyla.

Kyla Jade: STOP HATING ON ME, YOU ALL ARE SO MEAN! LEAVE ME ALONE!!! *starts crying*

-During the lives-

No one:

Literally no one:

Kyla Jade: I've been bullied my whole life... *starts crying*

:roll:

Cying on stage has propelled countless contestants to the Finale, whether those tears are genuine or not, it doesn't matter :haha:.

-------------------------------------

Speaking of crying on stage, I remember this incident with Kyla Jade in season 14:

About Kyla... I don't think that's accurate. :haha: Jaclyn had no chance against, like, 90% of the cast at that point because she was pitchy and had weak vocals. And Kyla never cried because of how people were treating her as a result of Jaclyn. She cried during "How Great Thou Art" because she's religious, and people who are as religious as she is often cry when they feel extremely spiritual. And she cried during "This Is Me" because of her insecurities around her body, and the song was liberating for her. I don't doubt that she has been bullied her whole life because people can be awful, but that is not an accurate way of framing it. At all.

Crying definitely helps with making it to the finale, though... anyone remember Aliyah Moulden bawling in the middle of "Jealous"? (It works best when you're young, though. Doesn't really help when you're over 21 or so.)

----

Now, for my rankings:

:wub:

1. Rose Short. I don't even know how anyone could put her below #1.

^_^

2. Jake Hoot. At this point, I'm just happy when someone can sing in tune and doesn't bore the daylights out of me. I'm not a Hooter, but this was solid.

3. Marybeth Byrd. She would have been a lot better without the crying. (And for what it's worth, I think it was genuine.)

4. Ricky Duran. I was kinda bored with this one, I must admit, but he sang it really well. Same with Hoot - all I could ask is that he kept it together. Most didn't even do that.

5. Myracle Holloway. I usually don't give anyone credit just for singing a tough song, but Whitney Houston is in another camp, and she kept it together and actually sounded pretty good doing it.

6. Max Boyle. One of my snowflakes; he struggled during the second half when he tried to oversing the falsetto. Things got rough. He's such a good vocalist when he keeps himself in check.

7. Joana Martinez. Same story with Myracle, and she kept it together while dancing around the stage. She deserves some credit, even if the song was just... full of cheese.

8. Cali Wilson. Something resembling redemption from her rough Playoffs showing. Her falsetto was pretty. Other parts were a little rough.

:thumbsdown:

9. Katie Kadan. I really couldn't like her much less, I just don't like anything about her style; it's like she doesn't know any setting below 11. With the exception of her Playoffs, she has a tendency to just do nothing but scream, but somehow, mind-bogglingly escapes the label of "screamer"? Exactly how? I did not like this performance, but I haven't liked any of hers, so what's new? Also, it's blasphemy to touch Janice Freeman's songs, especially if you don't even do them justice.

10. Will Breman. He really struggled to keep it together tonight, which sucks because I really like the guy.

11. Kat Hammock. Just like Katie - I do not like her style at all, but I like Kat even less. Her voice is weak at best. What's more is that a lot of people are ignoring how pitchy she was last night.

12. Hello Sunday. Screechy and, as always, Chelsea held Myla back.

13. Shane Q. I don't even know what to say. Poor guy was destroyed by his nerves and it showed, but he has struggled this whole season, even during his pre-taped Knockouts.

:wub::wub:

1. Rose Short - Incredible! Iffy start, but the rest was amazing!

2. Katie Kadan - Love that she is steering away from going on a path like her KO. Her last 2 performances have been my favorite of hers!

:thumbs:

3. Ricky Duran - Would be with the girls above but he was boring but still great. I want him to have a moment though, he needs one.

4. MaryBeth

5. Joana Martinez - Terrible song, and probably her worst performance. But she still did the best she could with this terrible song choice.

6. Cali - Probably because I don't listen to Kacey's songs that I don't find this as dissapointing as others.

6.5 Myla - Can we say Goodbye Tuesday to Chelsea, please? Like Myla is actually good and Chelsea is holding her back.

7. Max - Expected better from him

8. Myracle - Tough song, and unlike Joana it wasn't a "fun" song that you could at least enjoy and didn't make the most of what she had

9. Will Breman - Like many others, I just feel bad when I don't like his performance cause he just exudes this positivity lol.

10. Jake Hoot - Vocally? Probably in the section above. But I just don't like him personally.

11. Kat Hammock - She's not bad by any means, but I just can't click with her. She felt off today I feel and I was bored, but her falsetto or whatever is lovely.

:thumbsdown:

12. Hello Sunday - Myla doesn't deserve to be this low. Chelsea is bringing her down, and I hate saying that about a young girl, but I just feel like she is not cut out for this yet.

13. Shane Q

Edited by ShadowGuy1

About Kyla... I don't think that's accurate. :haha: Jaclyn had no chance against, like, 90% of the cast at that point because she was pitchy and had weak vocals. And Kyla never cried because of how people were treating her as a result of Jaclyn. She cried during "How Great Thou Art" because she's religious, and people who are as religious as she is often cry when they feel extremely spiritual. And she cried during "This Is Me" because of her insecurities around her body, and the song was liberating for her. I don't doubt that she has been bullied her whole life because people can be awful, but that is not an accurate way of framing it. At all.

Crying definitely helps with making it to the finale, though... anyone remember Aliyah Moulden bawling in the middle of "Jealous"? (It works best when you're young, though. Doesn't really help when you're over 21 or so.)

Ha, It was a dramatization of events for memeing purposes, sadly I'm not willing to explain the source material for the story.

I had to :rolleyes: at some things you mentioned but whatevs. If you want to believe all that you wrote there, that's on you. I know what I saw and you didn't get the point of my post. :no:

Edited by echoap

At this point I’m convinced that anyone who cries during a performance is instructed to by production, not to be rude, but it’s too ironic that it’s always the ones being pimped who cry and they always without a doubt cry at around the very last line so that they’re performance is not interrupted. See; Aliyah Moulden - Jealous, Addison Agen - Humble & Kind, Kyla Jade - How Great Thou Art, Kyla Jade - This Is Me, and now Marybeth Byrd - Go Rest On That High Mountain