The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

I wouldn’t have stolen Kyle :stealth: he wasn’t bad but Say You Won’t Let Go is such a boring song choice & the performance didn’t really go anywhere. Kyle getting a steal & not Frank is a little absurd

• Like 5

Unpopular opinions for tonight's episode..

- Tae was clearly the 2nd best performance of the night, then I'd have Josh 3rd. Country dudes cleared almost everyone this round tbh.

- it's close for me, but Kyle>Anya

- even if Olivia lost, I don't think that performance warranted a steal. Her battle was a lot better imo.

- Forget Gymani's version of sweet love, I don't think Val topped Zania's rendition. Still disappointing to see her go though.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

- Tae was clearly the 2nd best performance of the night, then I'd have Josh 3rd. Country dudes cleared almost everyone this round tbh.

- even if Olivia lost, I don't think that performance warranted a steal. Her battle was a lot better imo.

- Forget Gymani's version of sweet love, I don't think Val topped Zania's rendition. Still disappointing to see her go though.

what about asher, frank and nathan?

I'm not gonna say i don't get the hype over Frank because i actually get the hype. He is really talented. With that said, i'm not a fan. Like, i can watch a performance from him and enjoy it but then have zero desires to rewatch it at all.

3 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

what about asher, frank and nathan?

Obviously Asher is first. I like Nathan but i can see why some people would prefer the country guys' performances over his. 

I already posted my opinion about Frank.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, indii said:

I wouldn’t have stolen Kyle :stealth: he wasn’t bad but Say You Won’t Let Go is such a boring song choice & the performance didn’t really go anywhere. Kyle getting a steal & not Frank is a little absurd

I disagree

Val is an excellent vocalist, but I found her considerably less exciting than quite a few previous powerhouses. And no, it isn´t because she didn´t dial it up to 10 most of the time, to me, Kim Cruse´s best performances were her first 2 and Summertime, where she let her tone shine by itself. I never really felt that with Val, personally.

It´s not a complete shock to me that she´s out, although she deserved to win her battle, for sure.

• Like 2

I think Val gave her best performance and had the best performance of the season last night honestly which is probably unpopular. Her knockout reminded me of Wendy Moten's knockout. 

4 hours ago, Hsamid said:

I too think Asher and Tae still have the best two performances out of everyone but I can’t get behind Josh too much because of the song choice. I’d put Nathan, Frank, Val, Kyle, and Anya above him.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Val is an excellent vocalist, but I found her considerably less exciting than quite a few previous powerhouses. And no, it isn´t because she didn´t dial it up to 10 most of the time, to me, Kim Cruse´s best performances were her first 2 and Summertime, where she let her tone shine by itself. I never really felt that with Val, personally.

It´s not a complete shock to me that she´s out, although she deserved to win her battle, for sure.

Agreed tbh.

I feel like Val in other stronger rnb/soul seasons would have been the secondary powerhouse of the season. Like tish was to Kyla, Tamara and Desz, zania and Dana, etc.

Ofc, that still makes her one of the top contestants. But the rnb/soul powerhouse standard is just insanely high moreso than any other type of contestant. Simply due to the vocal demand of the genre, and the history of contestants within it. 

Edited by Hsamid

I also don't understand how Olivia beat Frank??Her voice never really stood out to me,it's just too weak for me, especially for the genre she's passionate about that is pop-rock 

But other than that I was totally fine with the other results 

Edited by Tmp 12
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tmp 12 said:

I also don't understand how Olivia best Frank??Her voice never really stood out to me,it's just too weak for me, especially for the genre she's passionate about that is pop-rock 

But other than that I was totally fine with the other results 

What personally bugs me about her KO is the way she pronounced “hear” and “near” like it just sounds so forced

Unpopular opinion I think Val easily had the second best performance of the night behind Asher and had the best cover of Sweet Love in comparison to Gymani and Zania…

• Like 1

I’ve seen so many Val opinions here, I don’t know what’s unpopular.

But i’ll just say, her KO is quite overrated here. It was good, but that first half was a little messy. Nathan kinda demolished her tbh.

I will say I liked Olivia’s performance more when it aired (and Frank’s less). It’s the opposite now, but I think I still would’ve picked Olivia (she gave her best performance on the show, he gave his worst).  Kind of an inconsequential KO either way, since I don’t think either will / would have been serious contenders.

6 hours ago, trey72 said:

Unpopular opinion I think Val easily had the second best performance of the night behind Asher and had the best cover of Sweet Love in comparison to Gymani and Zania…

They’re all really close IMO. If I had to order them I’d say it’s Gymani>Val>Zania though

• I know we hate country, but Josh had the biggest moment of the night. His KO was a bigger breakout moment for me than Jake Hoot's KO IMO.
  • I thought Olivia was slightly better than Frank. Frank has had the overall better run, but Olivia stepped up and I understand why they'd pick her.
  • Dani's KO was one of the best of the night and she should have beat Serenity without question.
  • Val>Nathan

9 hours ago, trey72 said:

had the best cover of Sweet Love in comparison to Gymani and Zania…

I think Gymanis the clear pick but with Val and Zania it’s even. Zania was smoother and more put together and Val had more impressive vocals.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 3:01 AM, Tmp 12 said:

Y'all brought it up anyway so I never really liked Lana's nasally tone 

Grace West and Holly Brand are more my type in female country singers

Understanable, her tone is not for everyone. 

On 4/11/2024 at 4:01 AM, Tmp 12 said:

Y'all brought it up anyway so I never really liked Lana's nasally tone 

Grace West and Holly Brand are more my type in female country singers

I thought this was the unpopular section. :dead:

• Haha 4