The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

Bryan is overrated af. Sure he's a technically good singer, but he is gonna crash and burn when it comes to song choices and keeping up his momentum for the entirety of the show.

• Like 1

Also when are we gonna get a country singer as good as Bryce again to grace this show??? 

Ashley Bryant's voice is really pretty and reminded me a little of Emily Ann Roberts but why on earth would you sing a Carrie Underwood song??? 😭

13 hours ago, Stacey. said:

Also when are we gonna get a country singer as good as Bryce again to grace this show??? 

Ashley Bryant's voice is really pretty and reminded me a little of Emily Ann Roberts but why on earth would you sing a Carrie Underwood song??? 😭

I'm no country expert but Bryce??lol but to each their own I guess 

Edited by Tmp 12
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Summer Brooke and Rob Cole both having the best performances of the night and nobody turned for either of them...?

Blake and Niall would never let this happen.

On 3/6/2024 at 3:45 AM, VoiceFan! said:

Frank had my favorite S25 audition thus far and deserved 4 chairs

I also agree, he's being very slept on. He has a very interesting tone with a great range. 
Dan & Shay's team seems quite weak so far, I hope he'll get the opportunity to shine there

1 hour ago, Stacey. said:

Serenity is a good singer but she's not pleasant to listen to at all... her voice is so shrill.

I'll agree with you on this one, though to be fair, teenage pop singers aren't really my thing (Hailey Mia is an exception because she held her own against many experienced adults and had a really mature voice+growth arc)

But maybe she'll impress and change my mind in the later rounds who knows..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stacey. said:

Serenity is a good singer but she's not pleasant to listen to at all... her voice is so shrill.

I have to disagree.

About this season’s auditions, I agree that they’re weaker than other seasons but I’ve still enjoyed them, and there are A LOT of artists that have potential. For all we know, there could have been some outside factor that caused the auditioners to not perform as well (maybe they were rushed). I def haven’t given up on this season.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

In my opinión, Anya >> Madison.

I like both, though.

I think Anya’s a much more interesting artist for sure. Madison is good but her audition song choices have literally been “Don’t Worry, Be Happy” and “Stand By Me”.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

I like both, though.

I like her off show material more.

I'm surprised she didn't sing a folk song in her BA, i wonder if she's going more pop on the show 

Lizzy Mcalpine songs are in her wheelhouse but William Alexander stole ceilings jk🤣

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

I like both, though.

She was my favourite before the show started. Great tone and does a lot of little things with her voice that I like.

I don't think her blind was close to being her best showing though. 

Rewatching it back, I actually think Donny’s audition is kinda underrated here. He has an appealing tone (imo) that would lend itself very well to folk/Americana. 

On the other hand I didn’t really like Olivia very much? I thought the song choice was a poor fit and didn’t really complement her voice.

• 2 weeks later...

I just rewatched the battles from last night and based on how they performed I thought both Donny and Ronnie were both more deserving of steals than Olivia :stealth:

Also this one probably isn’t unpopular but I just wanted to add: John should steer Gene AWAY from pop ballads. He was fine but his vocal style is clearly much more suited to rock or funk or soul. He’s not a pop type of belter.

• Like 1

admittedly, im not quite sold on L just yet. i need a good week or two from her when we hit playoffs before i board the train – she's a hell of a singer, and i thought her battle was great, but there's a certain rawness to her polish that i'm having a hard time not hearing. glad she's in the playoffs, and i hope she kills it, cus i think i'd really like her in theory, but i just havent been blown away just yet 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FloorWax said:

I just rewatched the battles from last night and based on how they performed I thought both Donny and Ronnie were both more deserving of steals than Olivia :stealth:

Agreed. I'm actually surprised Dan + Shay chose Olivia over Donny as well.

is it unpopular to say that rletto deserved to advance in his battle? don’t worry, y’all, i def preferred val, but im kinda glad chance chose rletto because i think he’s gonna have more room to help him grow next to val, who’s already so so good and just needs a coach with her sensibilities in mind