The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Totally. Especially after she was left out of the finals last season.

In fact, I won't be surprised if TPTB tries to get Kelly's final two into the top 4. Her team's due for a pimp spot, and if Jake is running away with the competition like I think he is, I could see TPTB giving the pimp spot to HS, even instead of Rose, if they think Rose is a weaker link than HS in the voting. They need an AA contestant in the finals, but they'll pimp the one with the most voting support, whoever that is.

It will be very easy to get Rose into the finale via instant save. They don’t have to pimp her at all Monday night. They had the same plan with Kennedy, and executed it perfectly. That allowed them to pimp tf out of Kirk for the 5th consecutive week, to make sure Blake had a finalist. I don’t think any amount of pimping would get HS the PV.

Edited by TeamAudra

It will be very easy to get Rose into the finale via instant save. They don’t have to pimp her at all Monday night. They had the same plan with Kennedy, and executed it perfectly. That allowed them to pimp tf out of Kirk for the 5th consecutive week, to make sure Blake had a finalist. I don’t think any amount of pimping would get HS the PV.

Yeah, all I'm saying is we don't know the actual vote numbers, but I don't underestimate HS's appeal to the demo either.

Also, since I skipped that season, who's this season's Kirk?

Ricky

So Ricky will get the pimp spot again next week?

Speaking of Ricky, since it's the first time I have a top fav on TB after 17 seasons, I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't appeal to them as much since Blakers and I have not much in common musically.

So Ricky will get the pimp spot again next week?

Speaking of Ricky, since it's the first time I have a top fav on TB after 17 seasons, I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't appeal to them as much since Blakers and I have not much in common musically.

He won’t, since he already got it, but he’s been getting very favorable treatment.

I think Katie will get it, assuming everything is going according to plan. Or, maybe Jake, if they think he needs the boost.

Edited by TeamAudra

He won’t, since he already got it, but he’s been getting very favorable treatment.

I think Katie will get it, assuming everything is going according to plan. Or, maybe Jake, if they think he needs the boost.

Significantly more than any other?

Significantly more than any other?

The last two weeks, I would argue he has.

He closed the T11 show, and they called his name first in the result show.

This week he performed 9/10.

My guess is he’ll have another good performance spot, and a good song on Monday as well. They can’t have the most popular coach not being represented in the finale.

The last two weeks, I would argue he has.

He closed the T11 show, and they called his name first in the result show.

This week he performed 9/10.

My guess is he’ll have another good performance spot, and a good song on Monday as well. They can’t have the most popular coach not being represented in the finale.

So you're saying even though Ricky's much better than a lot of Blake's finalists, he'll need the boost to make the PV?

Not saying you're wrong at all, but it goes against your saying earlier that Blake has no problem getting his team in the top 4. And I looked at the finals chart for S15, Blake still had 2 contestants in the top 4, and both went through with the PV. So it's not like he needed Kirk to be represented in the finals. :unsure:

So you're saying even though Ricky's much better than a lot of Blake's finalists, he'll need the boost to make the PV?

Not saying you're wrong at all, but it goes against your saying earlier that Blake has no problem getting his team in the top 4. And I looked at the finals chart for S15, Blake still had 2 contestants in the top 4, and both went through with the PV. So it's not like he needed Kirk to be represented in the finals. :unsure:

Chris making the finale was probably as much of a surprise to TPTB as it was to all of us. They were pimping Kirk like he was the frontrunner. 1/2 of IDF thought he was winning. Even though Blake doesn’t have trouble getting to the finale, I can still imagine them being nervous when his contestants appear to be having trouble gaining traction. The fact is, up until a couple weeks ago, Ricky’s social media numbers were very mediocre. Whatever they’ve been doing seems to be working, because he’s clearly on the rise. I think Blake fans really step up their game in the bloodbath.

Edited by TeamAudra

Chris making the finale was probably as much of a surprise to TPTB as it was to all of us.

I can't believe that it came as a surprise to TPTB, especially since he ended up runner-up lol. To IDF, sure, I can believe that haha. Didn't you say he got several bonuses? TPTB knows the vote totals.

I can't believe that it came as a surprise to TPTB. To IDF, sure, I can believe that lol. Didn't he get several bonuses? TPTB know the vote totals.

There’s no way to know for sure, but there was no indication whatsoever that he was getting near enough votes to get the PV. He was hammering his 60K Facebook followers (mostly pre-show) constantly to stream, so it was easy to write that off at the time. His voting fanbase was completely invisible. I’m inclined to think it was a last minute surge due to all of the coverage he was getting in Wisconsin, and even in my home state of Minnesota, since Wisconsinites come here to get jobs. In other words, those voters weren’t tied to the shows social media accounts in any way, and they probably don’t download the songs on iTunes. Chevel probably had a lot of those too, because the entire state of New Mexico was all in. It was big news.

There’s no way to know for sure, but there was no indication whatsoever that he was getting near enough votes to get the PV. He was hammering his 60K Facebook followers (mostly pre-show) constantly to stream, so it was easy to write that off at the time. His voting fanbase was completely invisible. I’m inclined to think it was a last minute surge due to all of the coverage he was getting in Wisconsin, and even in my home state of Minnesota, since Wisconsinites come here to get jobs. In other words, those voters weren’t tied to the shows social media accounts in any way, and they probably don’t download the songs on iTunes. Chevel probably had a lot of those too, because the entire state of New Mexico was all in. It was big news.

SM numbers are often deceptive bc I doubt casuals spend any time at all on SM talking about the show. Also, I could be wrong, but I think it's much harder now for hardcore fans to powervote.

And speaking of SM, YT numbers taken after the voting window aren't that reliable either. If you look at the comments, it sounds like a lot of people watching those videos don't even vote

ETA: ister should probably move this whole discussion to the GD, bc we're clogging the spoiler thread. Sowwy, ister. :hug:

SM numbers are often deceptive bc I doubt casuals spend any time at all on SM talking about the show. Also, I could be wrong, but I think it's much harder now for hardcore fans to powervote.

And speaking of SM, YT numbers taken after the voting window aren't that reliable either. If you look at the comments, it sounds like a lot of people watching those videos don't even vote

True. As for Chris, his numbers didn’t stand out in any way. Even his iTunes numbers weren’t very strong. On some of the metrics, he was basically last or 2nd to the last every week. It was a bizarre outcome. The cumulative vote from the bonuses might have gotten him to 2nd place. BTW, we only know for sure that he got 2 bonuses. Reagan got the first two. We don’t know who got them in the finale. It could have been Chevel for all we know.

No bus for Kat.

Hold on. There still might be. (And I'm hoping there is.) How do we know the choir's for her?

ETA: Saying the song's her favorite one so far doesn't mean there's no bus, either.

Edited by Rodney

I know Kat stans Kacey is there any good Kacey song that hasnt been performed this season?

She’s very religious, so maybe it’s a Jesus song? Maybe “In the Garden.” :icecream:

Either way, she likes the song, so it will help with her confidence.