The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

She was, lol that performance slot was a death sentence.

And they are pimping HS and Will to take Marybeth and even Kat, down.

Yep, cause everyone who performed second this season in the previous two weeks prior to the top 10 week. also landed in the bottom three. Total death sentence. :wacko:

Edited by xfactor22

Yep, cause everyone who performed second this season in the previous two weeks prior to the top 10 week. also landed in the bottom three. Total death sentence. :wacko:

You know they are bussing though, even if its just weakening the artists, like Kat! Watch her go 2nd again or even open the show.

You know they are bussing though, even if its just weakening the artists, like Kat! Watch her go 2nd again or even open the show.

You can’t go by performance slots and equate it to bussing.

What they did to poor Shane, by giving him a song that was a poor fit for him was a bus. What they did to Myracle in top 13 weeks by giving her a Whitney song that didn’t show case all of her talent correctly was a bus. What they did to Myracle in top 11, by giving her a song that was already done by a previous voice contestant many voice contestants appreciated and appreciated their take on it was a bus. Making someone go first or second isn’t a bus, especially if it’s proven that going first or second isn’t equivalent of landing in the bottom. For example Kat actually did go second top 12 week and did not land in the bottom 3.

Open the bloodbath like Brynn did? Are we sure that wouldn’t actually help her?

Opening the bloodbath didn't help Hunter. Though in fairness, the producers may have thought that he'd be fine and didn't see Aliyah's huge surge in popularity coming.

Opening the bloodbath didn't help Hunter. Though in fairness, the producers may have thought that he'd be fine and didn't see Aliyah's huge surge in popularity coming.

Aliyah had frontrunner type social media numbers the last few weeks, but most of IDF dismissed it. Plus, they put her in the pimp spot with a Christian song and elaborate staging. They knew what they were doing.

Edited by TeamAudra

I think that the duet partners could, more than anything, determine whom TPTB do and don't want in the finale, or whom they want in the top three in public votes, the middle three for the final save, and the bottom two who are instantly eliminated.

It's a long, complicated explanation for what I'm about to say, but bear with me.

Over the last several seasons, they seem to have paired the ones they want out for sure with those who are either middling in the votes or low in them. They also might want two frontrunners to make it by pairing them together.

Examples of these include how they seemed to have purposely done this to finally get rid of Rayshun in season fourteen -- by putting him with Jackie F., who was likely middling or even low in the votes herself. And that same season, I suspect that they wanted the top four we actually got, so they paired Spensha and Kyla together to boost up the former's votes, and Brynn and Britton together since they were likely the frontrunners by then (which they very well might've been, given their top two finish). The former pairing ended up working too well, since it almost cost them Britton. In season fifteen, they paired Chevel and Kirk, two of the country frontrunners, together, because they wanted them to make the finale and got them there. And it wouldn't shock me if they were trying to bring Chris down by pairing him with Sarah. (But of course, that didn't work, either.) And in season sixteen, I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to try and squeeze Rod in ahead of either of Dexter or Gyth by pairing him with Maelyn.

Too long, don't read. Point is, I think that the duet partners will really show us whom TPTB want in the finale, or at least in the final Instant Save, and whom they want out this week.

Stream the “tar” out of it.

Jake understands marketing. He says the same thing over and over and over again, on all of his accounts.

IPB Image

Wait. What I got from this is Hello Sunday is dusting with Jake Hoot. He tagged them. Wait....I didn’t see that coming. I thought for sure HS were gonna duet with Rose. Ok, now I’m confused about the pairings tonight.

My previous predictions were:

Rose & HS

Kat & MB

Katie & Will

Ricky & Jake

But NOW, I’m lost....

So maybe:

Rose & Katie

Kat & MB

Ricky & Will

Jake & HS

I didn’t think they’d pair the two powerhouse voting block party together, but maybe they did. :o

Wait. What I got from this is Hello Sunday is dusting with Jake Hoot. He tagged them. Wait....I didn’t see that coming. I thought for sure HS were gonna duet with Rose. Ok, now I’m confused about the pairings tonight.

My previous predictions were:

Rose & HS

Kat & MB

Katie & Will

Ricky & Jake

But NOW, I’m lost....

So maybe:

Rose & Katie

Kat & MB

Ricky & Will

Jake & HS

Jake just tagged Hello Sunday because they're both on Team Kelly. I highly doubt that they'd be paired up.

Jake just tagged Hello Sunday because they're both on Team Kelly. I highly doubt that they'd be paired up.

It seems like they want HS in the finale. They’re pairing them with someone that gets a lot of votes. It’s either Rose or Jake. I don’t see them pairing them with Katie or Ricky. Hell, I thought the only duet outcome for them was Rose. But now I’m confused.

Ricky says he has big shoes to fill in his song and that it will be a fun performance

Hmm, I could be wrong but Ricky strikes me as guy who would make general comments rather than give out actual clues. but IF that was a clue, i.e. "big shoes to fill", I'd guess maybe "Footloose" for his 80's duet? That's certainly a "fun" song, and although it's not the sort of song we'd expect from Ricky, Kenny Loggins would actually be the type of artist that's generally in Ricky's wheelhouse. Someone else wrote something about Ricky mentioning his song being "emotional" -- that could refer to his solo song. Otherwise, "fun" and "emotional" seem a bit at odds, but you never know. Also, didn't another contestant hint at doing something "foot stomping" (I paraphrase). Was that Marybeth? Maybe we'll get a Ricky/Marybeth pairing. Also, didn't someone on this board say the pairings are usually revealed sometime over the weekend, or did I read that wrong? Guess we'll find out info a few hours before showtime, per iTunes, like we have the past few weeks.

The 80's is such a treasure trove of cool songs, but I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we got kitschy (guilty pleasure) ones like, e.g. "9 to 5" (Katie/Rose), "Islands in the Stream" (Jake/Kat), the aforementioned "Footloose" (Ricky/MB), or "Love Shack" (Will/HS). I hope I'm wrong. Actually, scratch that last one. "Love Shack" is kitschy but very cool and super fun/not overdone like those others, and Will would KILL. It'd be a riot. The song also features a three part vocal/harmony (Fred/Kate/Cindy), so it's actually perfect for the pairing.

As for Rose's solo song, I'm not sure she'll get her wish, but in the interview below, at around 0:35, when asked, she says she's looking to sing something that's "soft", "not really vocally challenging" that will show a "more vulnerable side of myself":

B5bwa2rJFoY

Edited by dirActing

One thing to keep in mind, after the backlash from last season with 3 TB in the finals, it's possible TPTB will bus both Ricky and Kat to make up for it, and pimp HS to death. That would also compensate for Kelly being left out of the finals last season. I bet she was salty about that. :ph34r:

Also it's weird we still have no clue about the duet pairings. What are they up to?

One thing to keep in mind, after the backlash from last season with 3 TB in the finals, it's possible TPTB will bus both Ricky and Kat to make up for it, and pimp HS to death. That would also compensate for Kelly being left out of the finals last season. I bet she was salty about that. :ph34r:

Also it's weird we still have no clue about the duet pairings. What are they up to?

A big reason Blake had 6 in the top 13 and 3 in the finale is because he’s by far the most popular coach. I doubt they want their star sitting on the sidelines in the finale.

Possible for sure. I've long thought that HS was the most likely to crash the finale that everyone expects. Tbh I've thought it more likely to be at Jake's expense rather than Ricky's.

Jake has 0 crossover appeal imo...completely dependant on the country vote. Maybe it's enough maybe it isn't. But couple that with Jake not being very good since his KO and I can see a scenerio where he misses a PV.

Possible for sure. I've long thought that HS was the most likely to crash the finale that everyone expects. Tbh I've thought it more likely to be at Jake's expense rather than Ricky's.

Jake has 0 crossover appeal imo...completely dependant on the country vote. Maybe it's enough maybe it isn't. But couple that with Jake not being very good since his KO and I can see a scenerio where he misses a PV.

I'd be shocked if Jake doesn't get a PV. If he's in any danger, TPTB will give him the pimp spot tonight. But this show always manages to shock even us hardcore followers, so anything's possible.

I'd be shocked if Jake doesn't get a PV. If he's in any danger, TPTB will give him the pimp spot tonight. But this show always manages to shock even us hardcore followers, so anything's possible.

Yeah the shock is what I'm counting on. It makes for good Television and you can argue there has been one every week of the lives. No reason to stop now. :haha:

Yeah the shock is what I'm counting on. It makes for good Television and you can argue there has been one every week of the lives. No reason to stop now. :haha:

:haha: Some possible shockers this season:

- HS in the finals

- Will in the finals

- Rose not in the finals, IS or not

- No TB in the finals

- [insert your shocker here]

:haha: Some possible shockers this season:

- HS in the finals

- Will in the finals

- Rose not in the finals, IS or not

- No TB in the finals

- [insert your shocker here]

Of those, HS in the finals would be by far the most shocking one to me, closely followed by no TB in the finals.