The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Kat was kneecapped twice, Top 11 going after Katie was the first time.... especially after Katie opened.

Agreed. Ricky is clearly the Blaker TPTB want in the finale. We all know Blake is capable of putting two there tho. We'll see.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Katie Kadan "She's a Screamer" by Rhino Bucket

How am I gonna get retweet now? My Voice Save Reagan Strange got me over 1k retweets!

thought id say hi, im new. been viewing IDF from the start of s17 and thought to make an acc and get validated. well, hi

Posted Images

I absolutely believe Rose can do that...but the numbers show that Katie is more popular than Rose. Its just a hunch really.

I'm not sure how Katie being more popular has anything to do with "ending on a high note," if we are discussing performance quality here but I understand your point. We shall just wait and see :thumbs:

In my opinion, odds to make the finale:

Jake: 100%

Katie: 100%

Rose: 95% (if for some reason TPTB don't want her in the top 3... she'll be in the middle, but will most likely win save)

Ricky: 95% (same as Rose)

Kat: 5% (the only person I feel has a realistic shot of potentially pulling an upset)

Marybeth: 2.5% (don't think she's a threat, but she's more likely to get saved than Will or HS)

Will: 2.49% (he's not a threat, but hasn't landed in the bottom yet so there may be some quiet fanbase in Team Minivan?)

Hello Sunday: .01% (Not getting top 3, will flop if by some chance they land in the middle 3)

Edited by Someone648

I wouldn't say she was really thrown to the wolves.

The wolves were always there and instead of doing anything to avoid them and move herself to higher ground, she stayed put where she was with okay performances until the wolves finally caught her because so many others had moved up. Her save performance was her final leap to safety and they got Joana and Shane instead.

All of this is true. Her slot and song didn't do her any favors tho imo.

It seems they have been helping Ricky since last week so he probably needs it if TPTB doesn't want Kat in. Although wouldn't it make more sense to just get Kat in if she has more support?

Not if they like Ricky more. I think it is more complex than them merely wanting all coaches represented. They are trying to create a narrative that began way before the live shows. Ricky's audition was one of the best this season. Ricky has been popular from the beginning. He has always been set up to be Blake's front runner. I can't say the same for Kat. They are almost tryna "Holly Tucker" her.

All of this is true. Her slot and song didn't do her any favors tho imo.

Her slot combined ( the death spot) combined with the fact that her competition for that 3rd spot in the bottom Will + Hello Sunday were massively pimped for no reason made it pretty clear what TPTB wanted to happen this week, and they got what they wanted.

Her slot combined ( the death spot) combined with the fact that her competition for that 3rd spot in the bottom Will + Hello Sunday were massively pimped for no reason made it pretty clear what TPTB wanted to happen this week, and they got what they wanted.

If only she switched spots with Will...

Her performance was closer worthy(like all of her performances) but they need all 4 coaches in for some reason, and they aren't letting Gwen leave without a finalist this season since she missed out last season. Blake needs a finalist by default because the core audience are idiots.

If only she switched spots with Will...

Her performance was closer worthy(like all of her performances) but they need all 4 coaches in for some reason, and they aren't letting Gwen leave without a finalist this season since she missed out last season. Blake needs a finalist by default because the core audience are idiots.

I get they want all coaches in the finale but John has Katie so the Will pimping makes 0 sense really but oh well.

I get they want all coaches in the finale but John has Katie so the Will pimping makes 0 sense really but oh well.

Bring Will up and take Marybeth down, next round they both get bussed for the other coaches to get 1 artist in(Especially for Gwen now)

Bring Will up and take Marybeth down, next round they both get bussed for the other coaches to get 1 artist in(Especially for Gwen now)

I guess they needed someone that was guaranteed to send both Shane & Joanna home and Will & HS weren't good enough to guarantee that so they used Marybeth for that instead.

Edited by CGlaserFan

Yeah, that's one of the possibilities bc that pimp spot came out of nowhere, and TPTB never do anything without an agenda.

Or maybe it has nothing to do with the show, and it was a goodwill gesture toward the Aspie community.

I guess they needed someone that was guaranteed to send both Shane & Joanna home and Will & HS weren't good enough to guarantee that so they used Marybeth for that instead.

Both good points I think.

Makes perfect sense. :yes:

Yeah it is kinda unfortunate that she's on a team with Katie.

Yeah, that was predictable tbh. There's no way TPTB would've wanted anybody else for the final spot. For their perfect top 4, MB had to go. Same with Joana btw.

I'm not sure how Katie being more popular has anything to do with "ending on a high note," if we are discussing performance quality here but I understand your point. We shall just wait and see :thumbs:

Most popular contestant going last = more eyeballs staying tuned til the end to see "what Katie's gonna do" is my theory...but I'm just spitballing here tbh.

I wish Marybeth went to another team now, and screw the block cause she could have went with Blake and be HIS frontrunner :angry:

If there's no block, we would probably see Katie in Team Kelly and MB in TB, and John's front runner might be Mendeleyev :'( or Khalea instead.

If there's no block, we would probably see Katie in Team Kelly and MB in TB, and John's front runner might be Mendeleyev :'( or Khalea instead.

Go ahead. Keep rubbing it in. :'(

Wow. Imagine a world where MB was kept on team Blake and country-ish, Katie on Kelly, and Mendeleyev stayed for John. A possible Katie/MB/Rose/Mendeleyev final four

Wow. Imagine a world where MB was kept on team Blake and country-ish, Katie on Kelly, and Mendeleyev stayed for John. A possible Katie/MB/Rose/Mendeleyev final four

Making MB pop (and not even pop country, but pop pop) was one of the weirder things that happened this season. If no block she's almost certainly the country singer on Blake's team, and the dynamics of this whole season change.

Katie is Katie regardless of team. If John wasn't willing to advance Mendeleyev to even knockouts, he was never going to be a front-runner on John's team. Something up with that, that had nothing to do with who else was on the team.

Johns's team would have been radically different (and much weaker) without the block though

Tragic that we aren't receiving this final 4 :'(

We have to settle for Ricky/Jake and maybe even Kat or Hello Sunday :wacko:

Katie is the only lock right now of that dream final four.

Maybe no being country was Marybeth's choice. Who's to say she would have even chosen Blake had he not been blocked?

We really don't know, unless if we hear it from her, but Blake would have kept her country and that's where she strives(even though she slayed LMLYD and LYTLM) and it would place her in the finale easily instead of Ricky or Kat.

Maybe no being country was Marybeth's choice. Who's to say she would have even chosen Blake had he not been blocked?

She legitimately said it to John after the blind as they walked to meet her family. It was shown during the episode :haha: