Someone648

Ricky Duran

Original: a woman like her

Christmas duet: run Rudolph run

Solo: running down a dream (Tom petty)

Katie kadan

Original: all better

Christmas duet: merry Christmas baby

Solo: I don’t wanna miss a thing (Aerosmith)

Rose short

Original: steamroller

Christmas duet: my gift is you

Solo: border song (Elton John)

Jake hoot

Original: better off without you

Christmas duet: wintersong

Solo: amazed by Lonestar

thanks, posted links https://idolforums.com/index.php?s=&sho...&p=28245671

We've been following this show for way too long lol. We can't know for sure Jake will win, but we do know TPTB wants him to :lmao:

It's weird, Ricky's original's getting very good reviews elsewhere, so idk what to think until I can actually hear it.

:o just heard the clip of Ricky's and I like it

jake's set isn't terrible but they literally sound all the same even his duet with kelly, no desperado level performances - i don't see jake acquiring new/additional votes from what he already has, it's average/safe at best (also amazed was sung 3 consecutive seasons by adam cunningham (IS), kaleb lee, dave fenley (IS) - deduct what you will)

run rudolph run was more dynamic than any of jake's performance tbh, but they could definitely have chosen a song that didn't include a fkn reindeer's name...i like the vibe they were going with his solo, maybe just don't listen to the lyrics lol?? rdad's first time on the voice, ricky sounds good per ush, but didn't really go anywhere for me...i think they focused too much on the guitars - a much more dynamic set compared to jake

gwen's baby singing voice is too much and really held back rose, if they give rose a fkn tambourine to hold i'm flying to universal city...steamroller issa vibeee!!! border song's first time on the voice, ENDED ICE!!!!!! - if it wasn't for gwen, this would have been a perfect set

katie/john's voices actually complement each other pretty well...idk if it's on purpose or the recording, but there's a slight distortion/echo in katie's voice on some parts and it's pretty dope - idk who it reminds of maybe imagine dragons/brockhampton-ish?? idwtmat was last performed by patrique, love aerosmith but this is not what i have been waiting for but at the same time i can imagine the type of production they can set up and it might be a showstopper (plz no circus!!) - pretty well rounded, no lady marmalade in sight, i'm fine

du: katie > ricky > rose > jake

og: katie/rose >> ricky >> jake

cover: rose > katie >> jake/ricky

set: katie > rose >> ricky >> jake

Edited by holinessss

OO0C23B-f4M

Skip to 1:10

I know it means nothing and that was recorded pre/after KO's but still intersting to see that Kelly knew what she was doing and despite making 'idf sponsored' bad decisions... well, here she is, probably winning this season with the Hoot.

I know it means nothing and that was recorded pre/after KO's but still intersting to see that Kelly knew what she was doing and despite making 'idf sponsored' bad decisions... well, here she is, probably winning this season with the Hoot.

I don't think Kelly made any bad decisions when it comes to the Hoot. It's the other stuff lol. But yeah, she's probably getting yet another win with a country finalist.

Reading comments elsewhere that say Jake is the only one who wrote his original song, and Ricky's written by country singers? :haha:

I wish Ricky had been allowed one of his own songs, but since he wasn't gonna win anyway, it's probably smarter to keep the rights to his songs.

MJ’s blog lists the songwriters.

Ricky’s song is written by Charles Kelley from Lady Antebellum; Eric Paslay who is fairly similar to Jake Hoot (basic country singer); and Laura Jeanne Veltz who has the most interesting credits. She wrote on most of Maren Morris’ current album and has a credit on Speechless by Dan & Shay.

Two of the 3 are pop leaning, but they are very much country writers.

One of the writers on Katie’s song co-wrote a Miranda Lambert song!

Imagine having post-blind team as strong as team John, but still ended up with only 1 finalist in the finale. And after all that, he didn't even give that one last finalist a proper song in the finale. :angry::no:

don't mind me, just a little bit of rants

I’m not into most of the song choices for anyone. It’s the least exciting some choice in years. However I do agree Jake got the best song. I think even Rose didn’t get bad songs. What they did to Katie is beyond my understanding. Someone commented that maybe the contestants don’t want to win, and while I could see that as a possibility for an established person who wants to maybe take off running with her foundation. I cannot imagine anyone giving up the hundred thousand dollars. This leads me to believe TBTB are behind the song choices. Kelly just got a brand new talkshow, they want to promote it, they can claim she’s the winner of the Voice when they advertise the show. Give her some bragging rights which will raise publicity. After all it’s one NBC happy family. I’m going to try not to get too upset about what they did to Katie because it’s not going to help anyone. Let’s hope the live version is better than the iTunes version. Last week when you guys were not liking Lady Marmalade, I loved it even though I was scared about the song choice. But when I heard the iTunes version I loved it. Sadly I cannot say the same today. The solo isn’t even in her genre, not even the planet of her genre, not even the universe of her genre. And she has a ton of genres!! So I have no idea what the hell that’s all about! People are begging for a soft side of Katie, John told us we were getting one, but this is not considered a soft side at all. So many many many many soft ballads out there that she could she have hit number one with! I noticed even on the iTunes Christmas Song John was doing most of the singing. Hope that’s not the reality. Good luck Katie, if you pull it off your truly are a Force.

We've been following this show for way too long lol. We can't know for sure Jake will win, but we do know TPTB wants him to :lmao:

It's weird, Ricky's original's getting very good reviews elsewhere, so idk what to think until I can actually hear it.

Ricky sounds good on his original. It’s honestly probably gonna chart just behind hoot again :haha:

MJ’s blog lists the songwriters.

Ricky’s song is written by Charles Kelley from Lady Antebellum; Eric Paslay who is fairly similar to Jake Hoot (basic country singer); and Laura Jeanne Veltz who has the most interesting credits. She wrote on most of Maren Morris’ current album and has a credit on Speechless by Dan & Shay.

Two of the 3 are pop leaning, but they are very much country writers.

One of the writers on Katie’s song co-wrote a Miranda Lambert song!

TPTB broke their piggy bank? :unsure:

katie said on her ig live that rose is on vocal rest..............i --!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh no... here I go again, last time I had a snowflake on the finale she was bussed by a big train and now this. I know Rose isn't winning but I want her on her best :unsure: