The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Hello Sunday (Mamma Knows Best - Jessie J) - Tired song choice, good luck, Myla...

Jake Hoot (Danny's Song - Loggins & Messina) - Tired song choice, okay enough in studio to be a top seller/streamer tonight

Max Boyle (Unaware - Allen Stone) - Tired song choice, not intrigued by the song choice sadly

Shane Q (My Wish - Rascal Flatts) - The only fresh/not outdone song for her team. I actually think he'll do better here than in past weeks. Still shouldn't be here.

Joana Martinez (Get on Your Feet - Gloria Estefan) - When she said she was singing for her hometown, I expected Gloria but certainly not this. This is gonna be an interesting watch. It's not gonna get her the votes imo. Could be wrong.

Myracle Holloway (I'm Your Baby Tonight - Whitney Houston) - This is certainly a choice. It's a risky song with serious flop potential, but if she does it well live she might be able to escape the bottom. And she hasn't really flopped yet so...

Rose Short (I Turn to You - Christina Aguilera) - The preview doesn't do much for me, but she should nail the big parts live.

Katie Kadan (I'm Going Down - Rose Royce) - I always adore this song so it'll never really be tired for me lol, but Katie's gonna kill it without a doubt.

Marybeth Byrd (Go Rest High on That Mountain - Vince Gill) - This does nothing for me, but it'll sell/stream easily. She's going for that finale spot ASAP.

Will Breman (I Won't Give Up - Jason Mraz) - It'll be interesting to hear him slow things down a bit, but I'm not over the moon over this song. Hope he does well! :)

Cali Wilson (Butterflies - Kacey Musgraves) - YES KACEY. Wonder how it'll go over in voting since she's dedicating this to her girlfriend, but if I had Apple Music I'd be streaming this nonstop just to give her a fair chance.

Kat Hammock (Danny Boy - Traditional) - I'll have to listen to it live. Her recording voice sounds better than her live one so we'll see how it goes.

Ricky Duran (You Are the Best Thing - Ray LaMontagne) - I'm tired of Ray LaMontagne on singing shows in general, but I'm feeling confident that Ricky has enough support to make it through even if it's nothing special tonight.

Just because it’s not meant to bus her doesn’t make it a good choice. It’s not much of a singer’s song and Joana has pipes.

Exactly, I don't think Joana will do a bad job, but it's not a vocally demanding song and it comes off as cheesy.

But on the plus side, if you get enough P&R fans to gather around and vote... (start around 0:43 for those unfamiliar)

[Youtube]Xcdhpn-DXTA[/Youtube]

Pre listening opinions

Kat Hammock “Danny Boy”- I haven’t heard this song before.

Shane Q- My Wish by Rascal Flatts-I haven’t heard this Rascal Flatts song yet but it seems like a safe song for him. I honestly might’ve tossed a few votes his way if he actually did the Stevie Wonder song

Hello Sunday “Mama Knows Best”-Honestly after all of those ballads this is a good song for them even if they’re not the best vocalists this song could help a lot with their stage presence

Myracle Holloway “I’m Your Baby Tonight” Why is the bus coming for Myracle? This song is good for a karaoke night but doesn’t showcase any strengths for any contestants. I hope I’m wrong but this seems like Myracle is a likely contender for B3 or B2

Rose Short “I Turn To You”-think I’ve heard of this song (Whitney Houston right?) but haven’t heard this song or at least not in a while

Joana Martinez “Get on Your Feet”- haven’t heard this but the title alone sounds iffy

Will Breman”I Won’t Give Up” This could be good or a disaster. I hope even if it is slow he still changes it to suit him and keep it slow

Marybeth Byrd “Go Rest High On The Mountain”- Hopefully she does well with it but Red Marlow ended this song tbh

Katie Kadan “I’m Going Down” Are they trying to bus Katie? Seriously? She’s a beast and it’s gonna take a lot more than a basic bussing attempt for her to meet the same fate as Janice.

Cali Wilson-Haven’t heard this

Ricky Duran “You Are The Best Thing”-I remember this song but don’t know it well. Form what I remember seems like a safe choice for Ricky

Max Boyle “Unaware” by Allen Stone-Great song choice but it could either make me become a fan or back to being annoyed with him depending on how he executes it

Cali does a good job with that song though.

Live will probably be a different story. Kacey songs are deceptively hard. The vocals aren’t challenging, but Kacey has her own style that’s difficult to replicate in a live performance. I would make an exception for “Rainbow”....that’s not a hard song to sing. Unfortunately, Cali isn’t singing that one.

Plus, Kacey fans aren’t easily impressed with Kacey covers.

Edited by TeamAudra

Live will probably be a different story. Kacey songs are deceptively hard. The vocals aren’t challenging, but Kacey has her own style that’s difficult to replicate in a live performance. I would make an exception for “Rainbow”....that’s not a hard song to sing. Unfortunately, Cali isn’t singing that one.

Plus, Kacey fans aren’t easily impressed with Kacey covers.

Of course the live will show the true story but I do like the studio. :)

We all know the audience is gonna eat up Jake's song lmao, why not just insert him into the finale now :haha:

Cause there's still quite a few weeks to go. It's not like last weeks double bloodbath to finale

It's bc I think Jake lost some momentum the last couple weeks, and Kelly figures he's her best shot at a win (considering the show's history, she's not wrong.) So she went for the kill this week, hoping it'll put him back on top, or at least allow him to catch up with Katie. Could easily happen with that song.

Exactly, I don't think Joana will do a bad job, but it's not a vocally demanding song and it comes off as cheesy.

But on the plus side, if you get enough P&R fans to gather around and vote... (start around 0:43 for those unfamiliar)

[Youtube]Xcdhpn-DXTA[/Youtube]

I am actually dying of laughter at Joana's song choice. I love P&R, so just hearing that song makes me laugh casue I remember the scene. While the artist is good for Joana, the song won't be doing her any favours I feel.

katie - i was just about to suggest this song after watching "little", ugh her mind!!!

kat - blake was right, her voice sounds amazing in the studio

rose - arrangement isn't the best, but she snapped

cali - she/blake snapped

marybeth - god song, so she's fine, but i wanted something different

ricky - something different, but not my fave song choice for him

hello sunday - gonna be chaotic

will - he's just not very vocally technical

max - those falsettos have very high potential of either being tragic/great live

jake - fine, he sounds more twangy than usual though

joana - this is very whatever the opposite of dynamic is...

myracle - her voice sounds gone, this is gonna be very tragic

shane - why's he singing country...so bad

Edited by holinessss