The Voice S17 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Since the great robbed Marina Chello has been mentioned, and I would swap Marina for Myrical or Kat or Cali or Hello Sunday in an instant :bleh: :

Can the WC choice come from singers eliminated before Lives?

Edited by tshe.ring

Since the great robbed Marina Chello has been mentioned, and I would swap Marina for Myrical or Kat or Cali or Hello Sunday in an instant :bleh: :

Can the WC choice come from singers eliminated before Lives?

No. The WC is going to come from one of the T20 who doesn’t make T12. Specifically, the next highest vote-getter remaining on each team will compete. If the coach picked the 3rd highest vote getter, it will be #4. If the coach picked the 4th or 5th highest vote getter, it will be #3.

This makes me wonder if last season’s cross battles and top 8 over all playoff format was a deliberate plot to get rid of Adam as a coach? :shifty:

I doubt it. The cross-Battles just seemed like last years “freshening”. TPTB are firmly committed to changing the format regularly, whether they should or should not.

It’s always a good rule of thumb to attribute what they do to incompetence over malice every time.

Edited by AngelaKD

This makes me wonder if last season’s cross battles and top 8 over all playoff format was a deliberate plot to get rid of Adam as a coach? :shifty:

No, Adam has said in interviews that the show is still asking him to come back. He said that he made the sudden decision to leave because of his family... the show was not expecting his departure.

I doubt it. The cross-Battles just seemed like last years “freshening”. TPTB are firmly committed to changing the format regularly, whether they should or should not.

It’s always a good rule of thumb to attribute what they do to incompetence over malice every time.

I think it's good to change a little, put other star as competent, I always wanted to see Jessie J in an American chair, but does your audience know enough? Idk

I think it's good to change a little, put other star as competent, I always wanted to see Jessie J in an American chair, but does your audience know enough? Idk

Change is good sometimes and Jessie J is awesome. But cross-battles is not a good change (at least not until Blake leaves the show)

Change is good sometimes and Jessie J is awesome. But cross-battles is not a good change (at least not until Blake leaves the show)

it would have been nice to replace Gwen by another girl like Jessie J, Kelly with Jessie it should be pretty good :yes:

For some reason I can't find the post in this thread explaining the Wild Card. Anyway, this article mentions that the Wild Card winning artist can pick which team they will be on. I guess that's the "wild" aspect? This season is the first one I've watched that's had a Wild Card so I don't know if that's how it usually is. Considering that the ones competing for the Wild Card spot were not saved by their own coach I guess it's possible that might be a reason to go to another team.

The Voice’ schedule: Live playoffs start November 11, season 17 finale is December 17

Paul Sheehan

Reality TV November 11, 2019 5:00AM

The-Voice-Coaches-Season-17-BlindsTrae Patton/NBC

“The Voice” live playoffs kick off on Monday, November 11 with individual performances by the 20 artists from the teams coached by Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani. Voting will kick off at the end of the evening and continue overnight. On Tuesday’s results show, the two artists with the most votes from each team will be revealed and advance to the Top 13.

Each coach will then select one of their remaining four artists to move on in the competition. The lucky 13th finalist will be chosen from the remaining artists from each team with the highest overnight vote. The winning Wild Card artist will get to choose which team they would like to join.

SEE ‘The Voice’ winners: Where are they now (Season 1 – 16)

The Top 13 will perform live on November 18 on the first of the themed shows, “Dedications.” Each artist will pick a song that means something to them and sing it for someone special in their life.

The Top 11 will be featured on the November 25 show, which will be “Fan Pick.” Songs will be selected by viewers via the official app.

The Top 10 take to the stage on the December 2 show for “Challenge Week.” Each gets a chance to tackle a song that represents “a challenge on their journey to become a well-rounded artist.”

The December 9 show will include solo performances by each of the Top 8 as well as duets between the four pairs of contestants.

And the two-part finale on December 16 and 17 will be a showdown of the Top 4.