American Idol S22 The Top 7 - Adele Night Discussion

Just now, RealMusicFan said:

Next week they will cut Will because too many country and Emmy. Just like I predicted 

I think Will is ahead of Triston at this point. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Next season, the elimination format needs an overhaul.  For example, maybe there could be a judges' save from the bottom 2 every week?  After all, they did that twice this season.

Edited by Walker359718
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Mkenna did real good in round 2 . she should have stayed . Emmy and Tristan were the weakest tonight. Julia would have done good on Disney songs .

Edited by jdanton2
  • Like 1

Yeah..

I will take Iam, Megan, Colin, Zachariah and Wé over this top 5 any day.

Only way I'd have considered this years top 5 is if it consisted of Will, McKenna, Jack, Abi and Julia.

• Like 3

Sad to lose McKenna, but the writing has been in the wall for a few weeks now. :broken: It was all to be expected tonight, sadly. :( Glad she went out on a high.

Julia going was a mini shocker. But then that first performance..... a non country female singer can not survive a performance like that. :no: She made up for it with her Adele song but it wasn't enough. And sadly she just didn't inspire me to vote for her soo I am not too upset.

Guess I am rooting for Abi and Jack, at this point.

• Sad 1

Just now, jdanton2 said:

Mkenna did real good in round 2 . she should have stayed . Emmy and Tristan were the weakest tonight.

The writing was on the wall, sad to say.  Had she not gotten sick, she might have stayed longer.

Emmy being one of the last two women standing in a season with so much female talent is just sad lol, if it weren't for her famous grandmother she probably wouldn't have even got an audition with the judges 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)

abi and jack were always in my top 5 and i think their body of work this season has warranted them those spots so i'm stoked for them. not the biggest fan of will's music but he's good at what he does and i get his appeal. but triston and emmy.... it's hard. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 2

Just now, RealMusicFan said:

Maybe in experience but Triston has the story that America and the producers love 

I’m talking about votes. A lot of people are jumping off Triston’s bandwagon. 

11 minutes ago, Solaris said:

I do think abi's Adele song was the strongest performance of the night, but it definitely wasn't a moment and she's had better piano performances.

It was also an incredibly weak set of 14 performances.

Yeah I agree with this. Abi was great and closed the show well, but it wasn't a ~moment~ like some of her other performances were (or potentially were).