What are some times a huge front runner very clearly was the weaker one in a knockout/battle but still won?

CocoaPuffs

3 minutes ago, CocoaPuffs said:

What are some times a huge front runner very clearly was the weaker one in a knockout or battle but they still won (low key may make this a thread)

Kimberly Nichole for example.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, CocoaPuffs said:

What are some times a huge front runner very clearly was the weaker one in a knockout or battle but they still won (low key may make this a thread)

Katie Kadan during her KOs, as far as I can remember. But she was finale material from day one. 

Edited by Kenneth96

24 minutes ago, Kenneth96 said:

Katie Kadan during her KOs, as far as I can remember. But she was finale material from day one. 

I disagree that Katie was clearly weaker than Max. Her KO was a great vocal. I preferred her honestly.

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

???? kim won her battle and knockout with ease. especially her battle. 

I thought Koryn was the clear winner of that KO 🤷‍♂️

I love Kimberly but that song choice did nothing for me.

• Like 2

Huge front runner? Mmm... I´m just gonna stick with people who made it to the lives.

Personal opinion, I thought Alyssa Witrado lost both battles and KOs. I do understand her getting picked on the battle, since the overall performance was good, and it was easily her best, but Sasha was the clear choice on KOs. The Queen song was too big for Alyssa.

I thought Aaron Gibson lost both his battle and KO, but he was very good on both, and I´d say I preferred both his opponents by a very small margin. Everybody moved on, so I guess it didn´t matter. 

I thought Bailey Rae lost both battles and KOs on S19. John´s ego of coaching someone out of his genre carried here.

I´m not sure I agree, but you could make an argument that Carter Rubin´s opponents were better than him on both rounds. Obviously, in terms of audience potential, no, but in actual performance, maybe. 

I´m sure there´s more, I´ll think of them later.

Edited by Misirlou

10 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Bria Kelly

This is the answer, her BA got her a ticket to the T12.

I also think Taylor John Williams lost both of his match-ups, though I can see why he got picked since people eat up this style, but both Amanda and Troy beat him handily.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weirdoo said:

I also think Taylor John Williams lost both of his match-ups, though I can see why he got picked since people eat up this style, but both Amanda and Troy beat him handily.

100% agree.

4 hours ago, Weirdoo said:

Thank you for preaching and saving me an essay ❤️

Another one: D.R King.

His battle was probably in the T3 in the history of the show, it was that good, but I would have picked Jackie, by just a hair. He would have been very deserving of a triple steal though. It would have been a travesty if both of them didn´t move on.

I do think Tish beat him handily in the KOs though, it was a pretty big step down from his battle. I much preferred Tom´s version this season (they both did "I´m Losing You").

Edited by Misirlou

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Another one: D.R King.

His battle was probably in the T3 in the history of the show, it was that good, but I would have picked Jackie, by just a hair. He would have been very deserving of a triple steal though. It would have been a travesty if both of them didn´t move on.

I do think Tish beat him handily in the KOs though, it was a pretty big step down from his battle. I much preferred Tom´s version this season (they both did "I´m Losing You").

D.R. was another person who, like Bria and Mike, was taken as far as he could've been taken by his coach only on the basis of his Blind (which was good, but not mind-blowingly so, so I have no idea what Kelly kept seeing in him).  Main difference is that he still at least did good enough jobs on each subsequent round to at least somewhat warrant it.

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

D.R. was another person who, like Bria and Mike, was taken as far as he could've been taken by his coach only on the basis of his Blind (which was good, but not mind-blowingly so, so I have no idea what Kelly kept seeing in him).  Main difference is that he still at least did good enough jobs on each subsequent round to at least somewhat warrant it.

I didn’t think his blind was that good tbh? Maybe just the wrong song?

His performances after that I liked a lot more.

• Like 1