The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

6 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Thank God for Kelly Clarkson, absolutely brilliant !

DAMN. Straight up the only cover of this song that wasn't mediocre. This was brilliant.

I give Kelly one season of a break but then I need her back for the *possible* spring season. Thank youuuuu.

28 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

DAMN. Straight up the only cover of this song that wasn't mediocre. This was brilliant.

I give Kelly one season of a break but then I need her back for the *possible* spring season. Thank youuuuu.

Kelly was great on this, but I prefer Ryleigh's version much more. I'd replay Ryleigh's more than this. 

Mainly because you could feel the pain in Ryleigh's version.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jarmon said:

Kelly was great on this, but I prefer Ryleigh's version much more. I'd replay Ryleigh's more than this. 

Mainly because you could feel the pain in Ryleigh's version.

For a song like that, you need to show vulnerability, and Ryleigh did exactly that. She understood the assignment. 

The way i see it, sometimes, giving a pitch perfect performance is not the most important thing 🤷

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Damn. Didn’t realize people liked Ryleigh’s that much. :haha:

Granted, it was her best performance. It just didn’t do anything for me.

I wasn't a fan of her during the season but re-watching her performances, i'd dare to say that her pre-live performances were honestly pretty good. 

Her live performances tho :wacko:. She tried to chew more than she could bite

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Don't get me wrong.  I loved this from Kelly, probably about on par with Ryleigh's (if not a hair more).  I'm just saying that calling Kelly's the only good cover is a bit unfair when Ryleigh's exists.  And yes, I forgot all about Carolina's, though I still prefer hers less than Ryleigh's.

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Oddly enough, the first time I heard it, I thought it was not that great. But then, I listened to it again, and I fell in love with it. Ryleigh’s blind is the only performance from her that I really liked.

1 hour ago, Anybody354 said:

I actually don’t think this is a terrible list, I mean we all have different tastes, and all of the auditions he listed were good, with GNT and Wendy being amazing.

I agree. My list would be different than hers. It was just an interesting coincidence that IDF was talking about Ryleigh's audition, and she was among the seven ranked performances in the article.

• Like 1