The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

23 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

And she did it again in her 4th season, but this time with a MALE country artist. :giggle:

It would be iconic if she did it again this season with Kenzie. Kelly beating blake with TWO male country artists, but this time she used her block:

Kelly Clarkson Nbc GIF by The Voice

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

It would be iconic if she did it again this season with Kenzie. Kelly beating blake with TWO male country artists, but this time she used her block:

Kelly Clarkson Nbc GIF by The Voice

It seems likely, but tbh he needs to step it up. I see Pete overtaking him if he's not careful(FB is liking him too) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

It seems likely, but tbh he needs to step it up. I see Pete overtaking him if he's not careful(FB is liking him too) 

It was really just bad stage presence and bad audio editing. His vocals were spot on. I expect him to put some distance between himself and some of the others when they starting singing live. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It was really just bad stage presence and bad audio editing. His vocals were spot on. I expect him to put some distance between himself and some of the others when they starting singing live. 

And it seems Pete is getting bussed in the KO's. The song choice isn't it, if Blake keeps those songs up for him, Kenzie will take the win or at least pave the way for Cam to be his frontrunner(Which is probably what Blake wants)

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Agree. The editing did him no favors. They treated his audition like a sitcom. As for stage prescence, hopefully he becomes more comfortable later on, because his vocals need no real adjustments.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, I’m fairly confident both Kenzie and Cam will excel live. Probably some others too, but I’m not confident enough to start listing more names. 

I think so as well. I would probably add Pete and Corey with the correct song choices if they make it through. I would have added Gihanna but her audition was pretty shaky, so I still have to see more of her.

Edited by Misirlou

The author ranks the winners from least to most successful. I’m sure there will be some disagreements, but the three at the top are pretty clear at this point in time, although some might wish to flip the top two. I think there are good arguments to be made either way. Obviously, none of the are “stars.” 

https://www.insider.com/the-voice-winners-ranked-by-success-2021-3

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

The author ranks the winners from least to most successful. I’m sure there will be some disagreements, but the three at the top are pretty clear at this point in time, although some might wish to flip the top two. I think there are good arguments to be made either way. 

Yeah. 

10 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Yeah. 

I would say the success of all three of those was a product of being on the show. I think those days are over. Some may still make it, but it won’t be because of The Voice, and it could take several years, along with a lot of hard work and some luck. Jordan and Cassadee tailed off quite a bit after the first couple years. Danielle has yet to really break through, but at least she’s still releasing music through a major label. Overall, the track record is not good. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Paul, 41, unfortunately was more successful before he went on "The Voice." He had even been nominated for a Grammy! But nine years on, Paul's failed to chart any singles on the Hot 100, had one song peak at No. 27 on the Adult R&B Airplay chart in 2013, and his most successful song on Spotify is from January 2012 — before he was on the show.

:dead:

Did he even have any singles post-Voice? I know the label shelved his album. Did Republic release the one referenced in the quote?

20 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I would say the success of all three of those was a product of being on the show. I think those days are over. Some may still make it, but it won’t be because of The Voice, and it could take several years, along with a lot of hard work and some luck. Jordan and Cassadee tailed off quite a bit after the first couple years. Danielle has yet to really break through, but at least she’s still releasing music through a major label. Overall, the track record is not good. 

You know I actually thought Jordan will get an exceptional amount of success because he was destroying charts(Itunes, billboard, christian chart etc...) but unfortunately that didn't happen. He of course gained a good amount of popularity from being on the voice and in his first few years he was getting some success(His debut album was #2) but after that he tailed off. Danielle is still getting some success but it isn't that big. So yeah the voice do them no favors in terms of real success. I mean they did give them exposure and the contestants gained a bit of confidence but it doesn't contribute to real success.

47 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The author ranks the winners from least to most successful. I’m sure there will be some disagreements, but the three at the top are pretty clear at this point in time, although some might wish to flip the top two. I think there are good arguments to be made either way. Obviously, none of the are “stars.” 

The author of the article seems inordinately fixated on social media followers as a metric of success, so I found their rankings  inherently unreliable. For example, they ranked Todd T last despite the fact that he, with no previous professional performances, headlined a 3x weekly show for several months over the summer. 

10 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

The author of the article seems inordinately fixated on social media followers as a metric of success, so I found their rankings  inherently unreliable. For example, they ranked Todd T last despite the fact that he, with no previous professional performances, headlined a 3x weekly show for several months over the summer. 

These things are typically not well researched. They couldn’t possibly know everything the contestants have done unless they had been following them all along. I agree, Todd should not be on the bottom. 

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

These things are typically not well researched. They couldn’t possibly know everything the contestants have done unless they had been following them all along. I agree, Todd should not be on the bottom. 

I understand that they weren’t going to do a deep dive, so they relied heavily on easily available stats. Billboard charting makes sense for musicians. But just because SM numbers are readily available doesn’t make them appropriate metrics.  That’s really my complaint.

I also think success has to measured on a curve compared to where they were before the show. Since the author DID say that for Jermaine, there’s no reason it shouldn’t also be applied to winners like Todd or Josh K, who I would argue is one of the most successful winners compared to his pre-Voice life.

And why does having other alums on your season do well affect the ranking? That is just silly.

Edited by AngelaKD

Just wanted to take the opportunity to wish Hannah Huston a very happy birthday today! 🥳 I know she was a little overshadowed by Alisan during her season, but she easily became my favorite after some of her showstopper performances. Her entire run can be found on Metatube so please check it out, you won’t regret it! 😉 Below I have posted some of my favorite performances from her run...

Knockout - House of the Rising Sun:

Top 10 - Rolling in the Deep: 

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/304629/The-Voice-USA-2016-Hannah-Huston-Rolling-in-the-Deep-Top-10/

Semifinals - When a Man Loves a Woman:

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/306062/The-Voice-USA-2016-Hannah-Huston-When-a-Man-Loves-a-Woman-Semifinals/

Finale - Every Breath You Take:

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

Just wanted to take the opportunity to wish Hannah Huston a very happy birthday today! 🥳 I know she was a little overshadowed by Alisan during her season, but she easily became my favorite after some of her showstopper performances. Her entire run can be found on Metatube so please check it out, you won’t regret it! 😉 Below I have posted some of my favorite performances from her run...

Knockout - House of the Rising Sun:

Top 10 - Rolling in the Deep: 

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/304629/The-Voice-USA-2016-Hannah-Huston-Rolling-in-the-Deep-Top-10/

Semifinals - When a Man Loves a Woman:

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/306062/The-Voice-USA-2016-Hannah-Huston-When-a-Man-Loves-a-Woman-Semifinals/

Finale - Every Breath You Take:

Happy Birthday to Queen Hannah! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Maybe she's inviting a few past contestants from her team to her talk show. Cami, DeSz, Brynn, Chevel, Kymberli please !!

the taste is overflowing! i'd also add rod stokes, cause i love his tone. perhaps presley, but she also didn't go far and i don't know what terms she's on with kelly

• Like 1