The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

On 11/24/2020 at 11:24 AM, Gwennygwengwen said:

Hey all! New here...would anyone happen to know if or how I can view Luke Niccoli's blind audition from season 7 (Episode 5, October 6th)? He sang 'Sing' by Ed Sheeran and nobody turned (i believe all the teams except Blake were filled when he performed).

He is rumored to be the producer of Gwen's new single which is rumored to come out in two weeks...if true that would be a very cool full circle moment for him and Gwen.

Here is the song 🙂 It is indeed produced and co-written with Luke Niccoli 🙂

On 12/2/2020 at 7:53 AM, Gustavo527 said:

If you don't like this format, just wait to see the format of both The Voice UK and The Voice Australia for next seasons. The format in both of them is gonna be a disaster. In The Voice UK, they are skipping from battles to semifinals, and then to final (They are eliminating 20 contestants in one week!). And in The Voice Australia they are skipping from Blinds to SEMIFINALS! The format in both has been literally murdered and distroyed. At least here, we still have both Battles and Knockouts, and one Live Show before Semifinals

Starting in season 21, the first blind audition a coach turns for will be named Voice champion. That way, they can crown the season 22 winner the next day, and the season 23 winner the following Monday, and the season 24 winner the next Tuesday, and..... 🤣

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

Starting in season 21, the first blind audition a coach turns for will be named Voice champion. That way, they can crown the season 22 winner the next day, and the season 23 winner the following Monday, and the season 24 winner the next Tuesday, and..... 🤣

LMAOOOO 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by disney1024

i have a question for everyone! i don’t know if it warrants a thread, so i’ll just ask it here. do you all like having original songs performed in the finale? i always wonder this every time finale night comes around.

i personally don’t care for them. they are nice enough, but i’d prefer another new cover, especially now that the seasons are shorter. aside from certain exceptions, they usually don’t seem all that special to me.

39 minutes ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

i have a question for everyone! i don’t know if it warrants a thread, so i’ll just ask it here. do you all like having original songs performed in the finale? i always wonder this every time finale night comes around.

i personally don’t care for them. they are nice enough, but i’d prefer another new cover, especially now that the seasons are shorter. aside from certain exceptions, they usually don’t seem all that special to me.

Now that you ask, no, i don't care for them either, they all are pretty forgettable except for a very few of them,("Wasted Love", "Deja Vú", "Tennessee Rain", "Broken Hearts") but on the other hand, it's a opportunity for the contestants to showcase what they want to do as artists. 

1 hour ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

SAME! they're usually not as good imo because established songs are honestly generally more catchy or interesting. I can only remember a few that I genuinely like (off the top of my head): Tennesee Rain and Deja Vu (just like @Gustavo527)!

I loved Maelyn, for example, but didn't like her original. It was, IMO, one of her weaker performances, solely because the song just... wasn't as good. The same thing is true for many others.

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

SAME! they're usually not as good imo because established songs are honestly generally more catchy or interesting. I can only remember a few that I genuinely like (off the top of my head): Tennesee Rain and Deja Vu (just like @Gustavo527)!

I loved Maelyn, for example, but didn't like her original. It was, IMO, one of her weaker performances, solely because the song just... wasn't as good. The same thing is true for many others.

i agree!! Maelyn’s song was so different from everything else she performed that it didn’t make sense for it to be her original song🤔 and i’m like 90% sure Kyla’s original song was an actual Garth Brooks song...

2 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

Now that you ask, no, i don't care for them either, they all are pretty forgettable except for a very few of them,("Wasted Love", "Deja Vú", "Tennessee Rain", "Broken Hearts") but on the other hand, it's a opportunity for the contestants to showcase what they want to do as artists. 

i feel the same way! usually the songs feel kind of generic, but i do like when artists get to perform songs they wrote.

1 minute ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

i’m like 90% sure Kyla’s original song was an actual Garth Brooks song...

oh yeah that was a whole thing lmao, i don't know if she'd go this far, but i think she did try to bus herself, cause she didn't want to win. it is quite far though to ask for a plagiarized song though.... idk

Just now, KimberlyxKyla said:

i feel the same way! usually the songs feel kind of generic, but i do like when artists get to perform songs they wrote.

usually, they don't write them though, i think. very few of them do, and in those cases, they're usually/always co-written i think.

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

oh yeah that was a whole thing lmao, i don't know if she'd go this far, but i think she did try to bus herself, cause she didn't want to win. it is quite far though to ask for a plagiarized song though.... idk

she really wanted to lose this competition so badly she was willing to go to jail for plagiarism what a queen!

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

usually, they don't write them though, i think. very few of them do, and in those cases, they're usually/always co-written i think.

i was thinking more of songs like Toneisha’s last season which she wrote, and i think either Jake or Ricky wrote their song in S17. i think instances like those are cool, but aside from that i’d rather just throw the rest of the original songs away🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

i agree!! Maelyn’s song was so different from everything else she performed that it didn’t make sense for it to be her original song🤔 and i’m like 90% sure Kyla’s original song was an actual Garth Brooks song...

I actually found that performance of hers very refreshing. It proved that she could do upbeat as well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

You are forgetting "Long Way Home"_ Todd T, "A Woman Like Her"_ Ricky Duran, "Please"_ Sawyer Fredericks, "Money On You" _ Chris Blue, "Human"_ Chris Kroeze, "Proof I've Always Loved You"_ Gyth Rigdon. All of these originals were great as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I actually found that performance of hers very refreshing. It proved that she could do upbeat as well.

I actually agree with this. I really enjoyed her performance and thought she sounded very pretty!! I think I was just surprised that she sang such an upbeat, pop song when many of her other performances were darker ballads. I’m really looking forward to her new music to see what direction she goes in!

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

You are forgetting "Long Way Home"_ Todd T, "A Woman Like Her"_ Ricky Duran, "Please"_ Sawyer Fredericks, "Money On You" _ Chris Blue, "Human"_ Chris Kroeze, "Proof I've Always Loved You"_ Gyth Rigdon. All of these originals were great as well.

tbh people have their own preferences lol so perhaps they didn't forget and they just didn't like it lmao (im looking at the gyth rigdon one in particular :haha:)

• Haha 1

I brought this up in another thread for different reasons, but am reframing it for this thread. Consider that there are 11 The Voice Performance studio recordings from Jake Worthington that you can purchase, and 10 The Voice Performance studio recordings from the season 18 finalists combined (half of them being coach duets).

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Vinyl said:

I brought this up in another thread for different reasons, but am reframing it for this thread. Consider that there are 11 The Voice Performance studio recordings from Jake Worthington that you can purchase, and 10 The Voice Performance studio recordings from the season 18 finalists combined (half of them being coach duets).

The fact that we didn't get studios from Thunderstorm's performances of "Summertime", "Home" and "What a Wonderful World" is depressing as hell. Instead, we got a studio of his mediocre duet with Nick 🤮