The Voice 🟦 S24 🟦 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, John, Gwen, Niall

Someone648

Lila gave me everything I wanted. My favorite of the night and yes, I will get my hopes up so that later the audience will disappoint me.

Β 

I liked Mac, it wasn't perfect but it's the type of R&B I like to listen to. Interesting to hear him use his growl/rasp more.

Β 

Nini, I didn't like the arrangement 100% and at times her growl is too much for me or unnecessary, but a solid performance. Maybe I would have changed the ending to make it more epic.

Β 

I give Mara points for her stage presence (a little overacted) but I can't with her voice and diction, sounds very forced (all times). It's just not what I expected from her based on her audition.

Β 

Huntley with a good song but I only liked the last stretch, the start was very flat but maybe that's because I LOVE Noah's audition.

Β 

I guess Bias and Jordan were okay, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

Β 

Alive is a great song, but it didn't make sense to Jacquie. I think she deserved better than that.

Β 

Ruby was good but I feel like she is not growing/evolving as she could (at times I felt like she was screaming πŸ˜…)

• Like 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

I was just giving my own personal thoughts on the performances. I have no dog in the fight.Β 
Β 

How much will casual voting determine the outcome vs. dedicated fanbases? Ruby benefits from her genre, and the other country singers didn’t deliver either, other than Jordan to some extent, but we already know her standing with the voters.Β 

Yeah, this is gonna help her. Jordan was already in the IS. Minivan doesn't like her much. Sometimes they complain about her hat, sometimes about her sunglasses.

Β 

I don't think the country vote is gonna go to Jacquie, Jordan, or BIAS. Which makes Ruby a default choice.

2 minutes ago, MusicBuff101 said:

I'm really surprised Mara isn't doing that well. I thought minivan was gonna eat that up because of the song choice, but maybe they hold Stapleton at such a high bar.

Stapleton is really hard to pull off, and I don’t think she really did, although I still rank her above several others. She also genre hops a lot, and I don’t know how that will go over. What is her artistic identity?

• Like 1

Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

Do you think that will favor Lila? River isn't an outrageous song choice as per Minivan standards.

Β 

I think Lila's song choices have been pretty strategic so far, but not to the degree of Take Me Home Country Roads.Β 

I'm more comfortable with her chances mainly because Mac and BIAS underperformed tonight, and TPTB pimped her. The fight between Nini/Lila for the 4th spot will be tight. I still think there's some overestimation of Nini's chances because of her international presence.

• Like 1

Nini and Mara both killing it on YouTube views. I would put Nini over Mara after tonight, but Mara vs Jacquie in the instant save will be tight. Still have no idea why they give Jacquie that song, but for me, having the nerve to sing it live and actually did decent is enough to grant her a free PV.

3 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Β 

I think Lila's song choices have been pretty strategic so far, but not to the degree of Take Me Home Country Roads.Β 

I'm more comfortable with her chances mainly because Mac and BIAS underperformed tonight, and TPTB pimped her. The fight between Nini/Lila for the 4th spot will be tight. I still think there's some overestimation of Nini's chances because of her international presence.

So who do you think will be the 3rd one? I'm seeing both of them getting a PV.

52 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Fair enough. No one really had their best night in the S22 semifinals besides Morgan and Kim. Unless I'm forgetting someone.

Yeah, we kept saying Brayden could have been shut out, but not even one person brought their best(and mainly because of song choice)

Parijita easily could have, Justin could have, and even Omar.

Kim was fighting an uphill battle by having to overcome being last, so not her fault and she slayed.

Β 

To this season. Mara, Lila, Nini, Jacquie all delivered, that BIAS's weak performance shouldn't even be close to the Top 5.Β 

Edited by QueenMae16
  • Like 2

The ladies trio: Very strong. Still bitter we were robbed of a proper song but it was definitely very strong.

Β 

Huntley: just so so so so so good. Please let this man win.

Β 

Mara: Favorite of hers so far. She’s been so up and down for me but this felt like her most proper performance overall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kenneth96 said:

So who do you think will be the 3rd one? I'm seeing both of them getting a PV.

Β 

Mara. I think she has earned enough goodwill from her prelives edits and being a singing show alum to put herself ahead of Nini/Lila. And she presents as more affable to the core audience than either of these girls.

Basically I see this scenario:

PVs: Ruby, Huntley, Mara, one of Nini/Lila
Β 

IS: one of Nini/Lila, Jordan, BIAS, Jacquie, Mac

Last week Jordan won because she is the lone country artist in the B4. If I'm right with my B5, the country vote might be split three ways, leaving room for Nini/Lila to pull ahead, but it will take a very strategic song choice and the pimp spot to pull it off.

8 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Yeah, we kept saying Brayden could have been shut out, but not even one person brought their best(and mainly because of song choice)

Parijita easily could have, Justin could have, and even Omar.

Kim was fighting an uphill battle by having to overcome being last, so not her fault and she slayed.

Β 

To this season. Mara, Lila, Nini, Jacquie all delivered that BIAS's weak performance shouldn't even be close to the Top 5.Β 

This is the 143565428th time I've seen someone here putting Omar last among those singers. You guys need to show that man some respect. 😎

Β 

/j

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

This is the 143565428th time I've seen someone here putting Omar last among those singers. You guys need to show that man some respect. 😎

Β 

/j

I can understand that not everyone likes his style but he had a solid journey on the show and his semi-final was no exception.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Β 

Mara. I think she has earned enough goodwill from her prelives edits and being a singing show alum to put herself ahead of Nini/Lila. And she presents as more affable to the core audience than either of these girls.

Basically I see this scenario:

PVs: Ruby, Huntley, Mara, one of Nini/Lila
Β 

IS: one of Nini/Lila, Jordan, BIAS, Jacquie, Mac

Last week Jordan won because she is the lone country artist in the B4. If I'm right with my B5, the country vote might be split three ways, leaving room for Nini/Lila to pull ahead, but it will take a very strategic song choice and the pimp spot to pull it off.

Another season of working during the semis IS :thumbsdown:

Praying for Huntley/Nini/Jacquie still

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, pauwis said:

I can understand that not everyone likes his style but he had a solid journey on the show and his semi-final was no exception.

I mean he can hold a note for a long period of time, which is rare for this show. QueenMae16 if you see this do not eat us alive lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Unless I missed something, KALEO's "Way Down We Go" (at #61) is the only song performed tonight that is currently in the Top 100.

https://www.popvortex.com/music/charts/top-100-songs.php

Β 

KALEO's "Way Down We Go" is #2 on the Top Alternative Songs chart.

Billie Eilish's "No Time To Die" is #9 on the Top Alternative Songs chart.

Rascal Flatts' "Bless the Broken Road" is #22 on the Top Country Songs chart.

Teddy Pendergrass' "Love T.K.O." is #22 on the Top Soul Songs chart.

Joni Mitchell's "River" is #37 on the Top Pop Songs chart.

Chris Stapleton's "Parachute" is #39 on the Top Country Songs chart.

Sia's "Alive" is #81 on the Top Pop Songs chart.

John Denver's "Take Me Home, Country Roads" is #83 on the Top Pop Songs chart.

(George Jones' / Blake Shelton's "Ol' Red" is not currently on the Top Country Songs chart.)

Edited by RTV