The Voice ๐ŸŒŸ Season 25 ๐ŸŒŸ Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, Dan & Shay, Legend, Chance

Someone648

9 hours ago, QueenCami said:

:0 i think the r&b guys are the strongest set of contestants on the show probably so thatโ€™s an impressive claim. also always appreciate a Patrique reference !!

Yeah, I mean, the competition is tough. Off the top of my head Cam Anthony is up there and Shawn Sounds would be too if not for the cross battle round lol.

ย 

It also helps that Asher's season has 4 prelive rounds rather than 3.

1 hour ago, indii said:

I'm honestly not convinced Asher has 0% chance of winning. At the end of the day, as much as he is definitely not minivan bait, talent-wise he is so leaps & bounds above the rest of the competition that it's pretty much undeniable. Especially in a season where I can't really point to one definitive frontrunner, I could see Asher coming out on top. Being on Team Reba helps him a whole lot, too.

His PO YT has the most views, even surpassing the sneak peak.

51 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

He's leading everyone by a lot in practically every metric on every social media platform. That's unequivocally winner candidate stuff

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AngelaKD said:

On Facebook, as well, he's passed Serenity.

ย 

But he's already passed up Bryan, Nathan, and Tae from last week, and he's about to pass Zoe.ย  I doubt that he's going to pass Karen or Madison, though.

ย 

I could see him not exactly winning (unless his song choices areย reallyย good), but heย couldย come in second behind Karen or Madison.ย  Or third behind both.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

Yeah, I mean, the competition is tough. Off the top of my head Cam Anthony is up there and Shawn Sounds would be too if not for the cross battle round lol.

ย 

meant that compared to other genre gender groupings r&b men r consistently extremely strong if u throw out a few

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

ย 

Is Asher really R&B, though?ย  He's done pop songs predominantly.ย  I think that he's more pop.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/30/2024 at 10:05 PM, Rodney said:

On Facebook, as well, he's passed Serenity.

ย 

But he's already passed up Bryan, Nathan, and Tae from last week, and he's about to pass Zoe.ย  I doubt that he's going to pass Karen or Madison, though.

ย 

I could see him not exactly winning (unless his song choices areย reallyย good), but heย couldย come in second behind Karen or Madison.ย  Or third behind both.

I don't really see it with Madison unfortunately (I'd love to be wrong) I think the biggest winner candidates this season are Karen, Asher, Bryan & Josh. If you made me guess who wins at this current moment I'd say Karen but it's just going to come down to who gives the best performances & gets the best songs in the next few weeks, nobody's established themselves as leading the pack just yet. I think there's an outside chance for Madison as well as Nathan/Tae but it'll have to take some serious NBC pimping & a big performance at the right time.

Edited by indii

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

Is Asher really R&B, though?ย  He's done pop songs predominantly.ย  I think that he's more pop.

He is more pop leaning & I think it bodes well for him. Most of the songs he's gotten are very accessible to the general audience. The more they give him these textbook singing show pop ballads the better his chances will be.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Asher had definitely made himself a finale contender after that performance, but iโ€™m still not convinced that minivanโ€™s biases arenโ€™t going to cloud their judgement. This is also a pretty stacked T12 (even Chanceโ€™s team), so there are options for them.

ย 

That being said, he has a strong narrative for winning and being on Rebaโ€™s team helps.

ย 

Also, why is Josh not doing better on FB? I would imagine heโ€™d be crushing it on there, but it looks like heโ€™s just doing okay.

Edited by MusicBuff101

30 minutes ago, MusicBuff101 said:

Asher had definitely made himself a finale contender after that performance, but iโ€™m still not convinced that minivanโ€™s biases arenโ€™t going to cloud their judgement. This is also a pretty stacked T12 (even Chanceโ€™s team), so there are options for them.

ย 

That being said, he has a strong narrative for winning and being on Rebaโ€™s team helps.

ย 

Also, why is Josh not doing better on FB? I would imagine heโ€™d be crushing it on there, but it looks like heโ€™s just doing okay.

his song choices are holding him back - all he needs is an iconic country song (whether uptempo or ballad) and it'll likely change things

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If i had to make a prediction right now for the finale, it would be (no particular order):ย 

ย 

- Bryanย 

- Asherย 

- Joshย 

- Nathanย 

- One of Karen/Madisonย 

ย 

I feel like they are gonna push for a John vs Reba narrative here. John is the veteran, who is looking after several seasons to finally have his second win, and Reba is Blake's replacement, at least for now, so the producers probably want to let it clear that she also can win, after getting so close to the victory last season. And all of these guys seem to be pretty solid candidates for the win, they have showed to have audience appeal based on Facebook. With that said, they probably want for the new coaches to at least have a finalist, and Karen and Madison both have showed to have audience appeal as well. But i don't see any possible scenery where the duo can have two finalists, i just can't see it. So, the one with the better song choices will take the spot left for the finale.ย 

ย 

There is always the chance that Chance (lol) can have a finalist with either Maddi or Serenity. Maddi is his best vocalist and with the right song choices, maybe she can take down one of the guys for a spot in the finale, but it's not gonna be easy for her, she is gonna need to be perfect. Serenity is young, which is an advantage, but she needs to show that she is gonna be able to handle the pressure of live shows, and unfortunately, there is nothing to convince me that she is gonna be able to do that.

ย 

Tae is great but it's hard to know his actual appeal on Facebook, considering that he was the leak. But so far i feel like the country audience is leaning more towards Josh and Karen, he is probably gonna be left behind, but who knows.ย 

ย 

L. and Zoe seems to have some appeal but i don't think neither of them is popular enough to have any chance of even making it to the finale. The guys seem to be way more popular than them. And it seems like some people would have preferred Mafe and Jackie on their places.

ย 

Poor Nรกdege, she is 100% losing next week. She has zero audience appeal, Minivan just can't stand her.ย 

ย 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 5

42 minutes ago, RTV said:

So if Josh wins this season, AI11 will have featured 4 different singing competition winners (Phillip Phillips, Caleb Johnson, Candice Glover, & Josh?)

ย 

Would also be the 2nd season in a row where someone from AI14 wins the show (Huntley was also on AI14)

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Lordy, was this in his hobo phase?

Let he who did not grow out his hair at least once in his mid-20โ€™s cast the first stone.

Twitter PO Performance Rankings

Serenity Arce, 83 retweets, 317 likes (LEAK)

Madison Curbelo, 73 retweets, 408 likes

Asher HaVon, 65 retweets, 291 likes

Bryan Olesen, 64 retweets, 396 likes

Karen Waldrup, 59 retweets, 279 likes

Zoe Levert, 58 retweets, 288 likes

Nathan Chester, 55 retweets, 286 likes

Maddi Jane, 50 retweets, 259 likes

L Rodgers, 40 retweets, 214 likes

Josh Sanders, 35 retweets, 210 likes

Tae Lewis, 31 retweets, 155 likes (LEAK)

Nadege, 28 retweets, 174 likes

ย 

UPDATED FB PO Performance Rankings

Karen Waldrup, 16.6K likes

Madison Curbelo, 14.3K likes

Nathan Chester, 13.4K likes

Asher HaVon, 12.3K likes

Bryan Olesen, 10.1K likes

Zoe Levert, 9.5K likes

Josh Sanders, 5.7K

Serenity Arce, 4.7K likes (LEAK)

Maddi Jane, 4.6K likes

L Rodgers, 3.9K likes

Tae Lewis, 3.4K likes (LEAK)ย 

Nadege, 1.6K likes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Also, I'm glad the Top 9 theme will be hometown dedications! What would be some good song choices for each artist? Each artist and their hometown city(according to wikipedia) is posted below

ย 

Tae, Goldsboro NC

Nadege, Wellington FL

Josh, Kannapolis NC

Nathan, Chicago IL

Maddi, Chicago IL

Karen, Mandeville LA

Bryan, Lincoln NE

Asher, Selma AL

Madison, Westfield MA

Zoe, New Orleans LA

Serenity, Jupiter FL

L, Baltimore MD

Edited by AD25

For the projected Finale contenders, what type of performance would you guys think they need to really break out as a frontrunner?ย 

ย 

For Karen, Iโ€™m not sure what else she can do besides stick to the ballads sheโ€™s been doing for the past two rounds. She has the vocals for sure, but she might need a little extra help from production to really make a โ€œmomentโ€ happen. Maybe a closing spot in the Semis with a recognizable ballad and some gorgeous staging / styling a la Morgan Mylesโ€™ ARUTW.

finally listened to playoffs 2. everyone was solid - great, i donโ€™t think we reached the highs of last week

- RLETTO: he surprised me, this performance was good

- Serenity: vocally, no issues

- Nadege: really stunningย 

- Kyle: this song choice suited him so well

- Maddi: solid, but nothing more โ€” it felt static throughout

- Justin & Jeremy: their best performance so far, harmonies were perfect, plus some nice dynamics

- Josh: strong as usual

- L: fine, but the performance started at a 7 and stayed there the whole time. wanted an arc

- Asher: vocally solid but left me wanting more; i think he could have gone for a few easier notes to have the breath to go for one big climactic note

- Jackie: the standout of the night for me; she exudes joy when she sings and she sounded stellar

cant find the ranking thread so

ย 

Actively Enjoyed
Jackie Romeo

Nadege

Justin & Jeremy

Solid, no issuesย 

Josh

RLETTO

ย 

I wanted more

Asher

Maddi

Kyle

Serenity

L.

ย 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

For the projected Finale contenders, what type of performance would you guys think they need to really break out as a frontrunner?ย 

ย 

For Karen, Iโ€™m not sure what else she can do besides stick to the ballads sheโ€™s been doing for the past two rounds. She has the vocals for sure, but she might need a little extra help from production to really make a โ€œmomentโ€ happen. Maybe a closing spot in the Semis with a recognizable ballad and some gorgeous staging / styling a la Morgan Mylesโ€™ ARUTW.

ย 

For Madison, I think the sweet, easy-breezy vibe suits her to a T, and she could really capitalize on that. Maybe something like Coldplayโ€™s โ€œYellowโ€ or other songs in that vein. Her Playoff proves that she can also do emotional ballads when she needs to, and she comes off authentic when doing so. My gut says sheโ€™ll come in around third place but a win definitely isnโ€™t out of the question.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AD25 said:

Also, I'm glad the Top 9 theme will be hometown dedications! What would be some good song choices for each artist? Each artist and their hometown city(according to wikipedia) is posted below

ย 

Tae, Goldsboro NC

Nadege, Wellington FL

Josh, Kannapolis NC

Nathan, Chicago IL

Maddi, Chicago IL

Karen, Mandeville LA

Bryan, Lincoln NE

Asher, Selma AL

Madison, Westfield MA

Zoe, New Orleans LA

Serenity, Jupiter FL

L, Baltimore MD

I donโ€™t think hometown dedications are literally about the physical place. Theyโ€™re more about dedicating a song to someone or something that was fundamental in the artistโ€™s development.

ย 

ETA: OTOH, hearing L sing โ€œGood Morning, Baltimoreโ€ from Hairspray would be a kick!

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1