The Voice ๐ŸŒŸ Season 25 ๐ŸŒŸ Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, Dan & Shay, Legend, Chance

Someone648

31 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Best since Gina, Grace. :dead:

Remove that man on Team Blake for Holly and it should be a fine Top 5.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, indii said:

Karen & Asher's stats look the best IMO. I think Karen performing so well when her performance was a pretty clear step down from her KO is very telling. Also Asher having more views & reacts than almost everyone from week 1 when they had a whole extra week is wild.

ย 

Is the consensus really that Karen's PO was a clear step down from the KO? I'm not sure what makes the KO that much better besides that one being in a meh episode and her PO being in a great episode. I personally prefer her PO even.ย 

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

ย 

Is the consensus really that Karen's PO was a clear step down from the KO? I'm not sure what makes the KO that much better besides that one being in a meh episode and her PO being in a great episode. I personally prefer her PO even.ย 

I think her KO was more popular among viewers than her PO, yes. Look at the views on Facebook to Karen's KO compared to every other KO this season, even the ones from the first episode. She laps literally everybody else. Her PO is pretty close in views to Madison/Asher while her KO wasn't close to anyone.

ย 

I also just think her KO was just miles better than her PO, which I still enjoyed but don't think was nearly as good. The problem with Heart Like a Truck is the first half of the song is so wordy that there's really not much you can do with it vocally. Not a great singing show song IMO. Georgia Rain is the type of emotional slow country ballad minivan eats up

Edited by indii
  • Like 3

Just now, indii said:

I think her KO was more popular among viewers than her PO, yes. Look at the views to Karen's KO compared to every other KO this season, even the ones from the first episode. She laps literally everybody else. Her PO is pretty close in views to Madison/Asher while her KO wasn't close to anyone.

ย 

Well obviously her KO is more popular with viewers because Heart Like A Truck is a modern country song. Also technically Asher has way more views than Karen in the KOs if you count the leaked video which has 5.3 million views.

• Like 1

Just now, FloorWax said:

ย 

Well obviously her KO is more popular with viewers because Heart Like A Truck is a modern country song. Also technically Asher has way more views than Karen in the KOs if you count the leaked video which has 5.3 million views.

Had no idea that leak has that many views that's kind of crazy lol. Don't think I'd count it though tbh, although I do think Asher's video would at least be close to Karen in views if he wasn't the leak

ย 

That's honestly all I was getting at that Karen's PO was a step down in terms of what the audience prefers & yet she's still one of the most viewed performances of the PO's

Posted (edited)

Josh's PO is really not doing super well on facebook, he isn't doing bad by any means but as someone who's talked about as a potential frontrunner he has significantly less views than Serenity (which is not great considering that was the second time they posted Serenity after already leaking her performacne days ago) & isn't that far behind L. He's also gaining views at a slower pace than Nathan/Zoe/Madison/Karen did last week. The more time that goes by the less I see Josh as a potential winner this season. He's a lot more southern rock than he is your average country minivan bait type (Think closer to Jordan Matthew Young/Jim Ranger than he is to Jake Hoot/Bryce Leatherwood) If anyone's the country frontrunner this season, it'll probably be Karen.

ย 

All of the discussion around Josh reminds me a lot of when people hailed Pryor the frontrunner of Season 14 & Jim the frontrunner of Season 19 prematurely. You have to consider that not all country-adjacent men are going to appeal to minivan equally.

ย 

Edited by indii
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, indii said:

Josh's PO is really not doing super well on facebook, he isn't doing bad by any means but as someone who's talked about as a potential frontrunner he has significantly less views than Serenity (which is not great considering that was the second time they posted Serenity after already leaking her performacne days ago) & isn't that far behind L. He's also gaining views at a slower pace than Nathan/Zoe/Madison/Karen did last week. The more time that goes by the less I see Josh as a potential winner this season. He's a lot more southern rock than he is your average country minivan bait type (Think closer to Jordan Matthew Young/Jim Ranger than he is to Jake Hoot/Bryce Leatherwood) If anyone's the country frontrunner this season, it'll probably be Karen.

ย 

His songs are also not good, he gives a good vocal dynamic in a few spots but besides that he isn't really doing anything with his performances. Maybe he's the Red Marlow or Pryor Baird of the season, but that's pretty rare for Minivan to reject such a contestant so he's likely in the Top 2 or 3 for now, but yeah I don't think he's winning unless if he gets great songs with everyone else having to be meh for the live shows.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

His songs are also not good, he gives a good vocal dynamic in a few spots but besides that he isn't really doing anything with his performances. Maybe he's the Red Marlow or Pryor Baird of the season, but that's pretty rare for Minivan to reject such a contestant so he's likely in the Top 2 or 3 for now, but yeah I don't think he's winning unless if he gets great songs with everyone else having to be meh for the live shows.

Pryor is actually another comparison I had in mind. I think he's all but a lock for the finale but I just don't see him winning. I'll feel a lot better about his chances if they throw the Jake Hoot classic country songbook at him but honestly I think Josh just gravitates more towards these bluesy/rock country songs. Look at his pre-show content and you'll see a whole lot of southern rock & blues covers.

Based on the stats and reception, I can see Maddi making the top 9 by public vote, but won't get it in the Semis and have an uphill battle in the instant save (unless she gets the Lila treatment).ย 

ย 

Nadege and L are 99% in the bottom. If L isn't in the bottom next week, then we know Reba has the Blake voting power.ย 

1 minute ago, Kenneth96 said:

Based on the stats and reception, I can see Maddi making the top 9 by public vote, but won't get it in the Semis and have an uphill battle in the instant save (unless she gets the Lila treatment).ย 

ย 

Nadege and L are 99% in the bottom. If L isn't in the bottom next week, then we know Reba has the Blake voting power.ย 

Maddi's success 100% depends on song choice, I don't see her in the Finale either way, but if she picks a song like her PO she should make the semis, while if she gets another uptempo she's almost definitely gone this week

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kenneth96 said:

She needed Instant Saves to get Jordan and then Jacquie through.ย  She doesn't quite have it yet.ย  But if she stays on the show long enough, she'll get it.

6 minutes ago, Rodney said:

She needed Instant Saves to get Jordan and then Jacquie through.ย  She doesn't quite have it yet.ย  But if she stays on the show long enough, she'll get it.

ย 

Niall would probably be the new Blake had he become a regular coach tbh.ย 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The only female country singers that have managed to surpass male country singers in voting are Danielle, Emily Ann, Chevel and Ruby, all teenagers. And Ruby was against...BIAS. And she was Team Reba, while BIAS was Team Gwen.

ย 

Bailey Rae beat Tanner in an IS but Tanner absolutely sucked. And Jacquie Roar won the IS against BIAS but the placement in which she performed, plus, again, she was Team Reba, Bias was Team Gwen. Oh, and there is also Spensha i guess, but that was...weird... And Idk if i would call Pryor a country singer. Kaleb sucked.ย 

ย 

Karen can surpass Josh?? Yeah, but she has an uphill battle ahead of her for that to happen. No mistakes allowed, not even a little one.ย 

ย 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

The only female country singers that have managed to surpass male country singers in voting are Danielle, Emily Ann, Chevel and Ruby, all teenagers. And Ruby was against...BIAS. And she was Team Reba, while BIAS was Team Gwen.

ย 

Bailey Rae beat Tanner in an IS but Tanner absolutely sucked. And Jacquie Roar won the IS against BIAS but the placement in which she performed, plus, again, she was Team Reba, Bias was Team Gwen. Oh, and there is also Spensha i guess, but that was...weird... And Idk if i would call Pryor a country singer. Kaleb sucked.ย 

ย 

Karen can surpass Josh?? Yeah, but she has an uphill battle ahead of her for that to happen. No mistakes allowed, not even a little one.ย 

ย 

ย 

Yeah I really like Karen and am rooting for her to make it far or even win, but it's just hard to believe when adult female country singers just can't seem to get the trophy. Karen also feels way too put together for the audience to really get behind.

45 minutes ago, indii said:

Maddi's success 100% depends on song choice, I don't see her in the Finale either way, but if she picks a song like her PO she should make the semis, while if she gets another uptempo she's almost definitely gone this week

Agreed. The other coaches teams are way too stacked and minivan friendly so I don't see Chance's team making it to the finale unless TPTB really pushes for it and helps him outย 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Let's go through every season where a male & female country singer each made the top 12 & see who placed highest (I'm going to start at season 3 because the 1-2 lives format is weird) I'll skip every season where there wasn't either a male or female country singer in that top 12.

Season 4: The Swon Brothers vs. Danielle Bradburry

Season 6:ย Jake Worthingtonย vs. Kristen Merlin

Season 8: Corey Kent White vs.ย Meghan Linsey

Season 9:ย Barrett Baberย vs.ย Emily Ann Roberts

Season 10:ย Adam Wakefieldย vs. Mary Sarah

Season 13:ย Red Marlowย vs. Keisha Renee

Season 14: Pryor Baird vs.ย Spensha Baker

Season 15: Chris Kroeze vs.ย Chevel Shepherd

Season 17:ย Jake Hootย vs. Marybeth Byrd (the fact that I'm even counting this is a stretch considering Marybeth became a pop singer after her battle)

Season 19:ย Jim Rangerย vs. Bailey Rae

Season 22:ย Bryce Leatherwoodย vs. Morgan Myles

Season 24: BIAS vs.ย Ruby Leigh

ย 

12 matchups, 6 male winners & 6 female winners. And if you're putting an asterisk behind every woman there because they're either a teenager or because of what team they're on I can also put an asterisk behind pretty much every man that made it far over a woman. (Kristen was literally on team Shakira, Bailey was on team John, Morgan was on team Camila, etc.) I'm not denying that minivan is to some extent more likely to gravitate towards a male country singer than a female counterpart but Karen's style of country & song choices are just more in the wheelhouse of the voting audience.

ย 

I also don't think we need to be getting so caught up into trying to fit this season's artists into archetypes & history of winners past & just focus on the information available to us. Karen is seemingly more popular with the audience right now & that matters to me more than anything.

ย 

Edited by indii
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

kinda iconic how kyla ended up being blakes frontrunner on that season after kos when we thought it was gonna be pryor based on past experiences - the way things turned lol

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I think another problem with Josh is he lacks memorability. I canโ€™t remember three of his last four performances for the life of me. Heโ€™s solid, but I donโ€™t think heโ€™s made an impact yet (song choices have contributed to that). He needs a moment to be in winning contention, because heโ€™s not there yet. That said, heโ€™s the only country male, so heโ€™ll still be in the finale

Edited by MusicBuff101

Karenโ€™s good and minivan likes her, but Iโ€™m always gonna be weary of calling a country female the frontrunner on this show. I definitely think she can win, but itโ€™s usually an uphill battle.ย 

ย 

Also, her numbers are good but theyโ€™re not as dominant as people are making it out to seem.ย 

ย 

Karenโ€™s KO has the exact same amount of reacts as Nathan AND he has a better ratio soโ€ฆ

• Like 5