3. Sorelle

4. Ryley Tate Wilson

5. D. Smooth

She’s good but never moves me

6. Holly Brand

Never cared for them

7. Ray Uriel

8. NOIVAS

It’s very clear based on these rankings that NOIVAS is the most polarizing contestant this season. I’ll go more into detail later and possibly come up with an average ranking with points

My rankings + first time sharing my thoughts on the contestants this season!

1. Sorelle - I've rewatched all of their performances many times tbh. They are unique, fun, and I love the way their voices blend together! 

2. Holly Brand - Love her vocals! She does read as too polished and perfect. I want a performance that shows grit or extreme vulnerability. 

3. Gina Miles - Love her tone! There was def a nerve barrier in her past performances that prevented her from fully slaying, but I think she broke through it in her Playoff. 

4. Ryley Tate - Love his tone! His vocals are okay but he does seem to be a bit green, mostly due to him being in a very awkward vocal stage of puberty. Would've been better for him to wait 2-3 years. 

5. Grace West - She's good, but I haven't been the most captivated by her yet. 

6. NOIVAS - His vocals are great, though his tone isn't really anything we haven't heard already. His stage presence is also incredibly cringey and makes it hard for me to watch his performances. 

7. D.Smooth - I liked his playoff but I couldn't tell you anything about his audition or battle. Very forgettable imo. 

8. Ray Uriel - Also very forgettable. 

It's a good Top 8 and one of my faves of the recent seasons. However, I don't think I would be saying that if it were a longer format. Multiple live performances would've exposed Gina and Ryley's vulnerabilities and "green-ness", while people like Ray and D.Smooth would struggle to stand out in the early rounds.

Edited by m1key

Analysis

I added the points each user gave to a contestant to see who IDF likes/dislikes the most. Here are the results.

Note- if someone didn’t rank every contestant or didn’t put numbers, I didn’t include them. If there was a tie, I put the median number.

Points so far

1. Holly- 73.5

2. Gina- 77

3. Grace- 84

4. Ryley- 108.5

5. NOIVAS- 123

6. Sorelle- 138

7. D. Smooth- 139

8. Ray Uriel- 193

Observations

-Holly had the most #1 rankings, with 8 people. Grace is next with 6.

-Ray had only vote outside the Bottom 3, and 19 out of 26 votes had him in last

-Sorelle was second to last 11 times, though they had more Top 3 votes than D. Smooth

-NOIVAS was unsurprisingly the most polarizing, with most positions having 3 or 4 votes 

-Gina had the most second place votes with 7, and was the only contestant without a Bottom 2 placement

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Honestly, all 8 of them are pretty much even for me. I'm really indifferent between all of them and I feel like everyone is "pretty good". I don't dislike any of them. The only 2 I look forward to each week are Gina and Sorelle, so I have them as my top 2. The bottom 6 are relatively interchangeable, with my preference for r&b pushing Ray and D Smooth up to the top over country (Grace and Holly).

1. Gina
  2. Sorelle
  3. Ray 
  4. D Smooth
  5. NOIVAS
  6. Grace
  7. Ryley
  8. Holly
Edited by ikwonic

Personal preference:
1. Riley / Gina

2.  Riley / Gina