American Idol S21 Top 12 Reveal Discussion

istersay

COUGH FLYDOL. 🪰

I'm so embarrassed for those who caught the 15 minute famers attention.

Sings Stuck on You.... Fly lands in the center of your forehead. WDYD. Laugh and power through it. lmao

Props to Iam and Kaeyra for signing and not stopping or anything. Also props to Lucy and Nutsa. Well deserved! ❤️

I'm done for live Idol. Congrats to our Top 12! :lmao: 

These results are comical but pretty predictable of the state singing reality shows have been in for many years now.  I come into each season with the lowest of expectations and yet still end up disappointed. 

Im sitting here trying to think of what kind of format change the show could implement to save the voters from themselves. These past few seasons have had some of the best female vocalist I’ve EVER heard on reality shows  in a variety of appealing ways and yet it’s never enough to overcome how badly the voters long for country music, Christian music, guys with guitars, but ESPECIALLY mediocre 3 note octave pitchy weak voiced guys with guitars. 

Like at this point there has to be some sort of fail safe in place to knock out the worst offenders. I’ve always hoped they would just do a season and not put any of the above through to the voting rounds so the viewers would be forced to pick something different, but ABC is too afraid to lose their ratings by not appealing to that lovely middle America low IQ dumbf-ck demographic. 

Maybe do Top 12 Guys and Top 12 girls again? That at least ends up with a forced even gender split at final 12. Then do some bottom 3 sing offs throughout the finals with judges saving similar to X factor? All you’d need is for the worst offender to fall into bottom 3 once and they could be dusted. 

Idk y’all I’m just spiraling cause this show is broken AF. 

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, erik g said:

LOOOVE that they picked Lucy and Nutsa!!!!! kaeyra was robbed tho

We stan the judges for saving our snowflakes :wub: but yeah Kaeyra's elimination stung.

Edited by allistr
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BlkCountryFan said:

No he probably wants a predictable Iam win. 

Predictable? He ain't white. Colin or Oliver or Warren. Those would be annoying as heck as winners. IMO

Granted Colin had raw vocals tonight. I'm not sure he's a shoe in. IDK.

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

He wanted a Michael win and is just butt hurt that he was the only The Voice contestant that didn't make it through. :dead:

I knew after his complete lack of airtime in Hollywood he wasn’t making it through but thanks for trying to speak on my behalf anyway!

11 minutes ago, TOCTenor2005 said:

Maybe do Top 12 Guys and Top 12 girls again? That at least ends up with a forced even gender split at final 12.

This Top 12 has an even gender parity.

Maybe if the judges actually did their job and stopped acting like every single contestant is the best singer ever, the votes would be different.

Nutsa over Kaerya is a .... choice.

I was kind of hoping that pretty boy Michael with a unique tenor voice would get in over WGWG Carbon Copy #9, but of course even in their extreme male bias, they only pick  the most plain and boring male contestants to move on...

25 minutes ago, TOCTenor2005 said:

These results are comical but pretty predictable of the state singing reality shows have been in for many years now.  I come into each season with the lowest of expectations and yet still end up disappointed. 

Im sitting here trying to think of what kind of format change the show could implement to save the voters from themselves. These past few seasons have had some of the best female vocalist I’ve EVER heard on reality shows  in a variety of appealing ways and yet it’s never enough to overcome how badly the voters long for country music, Christian music, guys with guitars, but ESPECIALLY mediocre 3 note octave pitchy weak voiced guys with guitars. 

Like at this point there has to be some sort of fail safe in place to knock out the worst offenders. I’ve always hoped they would just do a season and not put any of the above through to the voting rounds so the viewers would be forced to pick something different, but ABC is too afraid to lose their ratings by not appealing to that lovely middle America low IQ dumbf-ck demographic. 

Maybe do Top 12 Guys and Top 12 girls again? That at least ends up with a forced even gender split at final 12. Then do some bottom 3 sing offs throughout the finals with judges saving similar to X factor? All you’d need is for the worst offender to fall into bottom 3 once and they could be dusted. 

Idk y’all I’m just spiraling cause this show is broken AF. 

Dancing With The Stars used to do their eliminations solely based on the person with the lowest combined scores/votes, but since Minivan hates women so much, even women with the highest scores would get robbed early on in each season (see Heather Morris, Tinashe, etc.) 3 seasons ago, they implemented the "judges choice" where the judges now get to choose who survives out of the bottom 2 in order to prevent women/minorities being robbed early on (and it has def made a difference imo.) 

Nothing is going to change unless Idol actively revises their format to benefit women/minorities and protect them from the power of team Minivan lmao. 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, m1key said:

Dancing With The Stars used to do their eliminations solely based on the person with the lowest combined scores/votes, but since Minivan hates women so much, even women with the highest scores would get robbed early on in each season (see Heather Morris, Tinashe, etc.) 3 seasons ago, they implemented the "judges choice" where the judges now get to choose who survives out of the bottom 2 in order to prevent women/minorities being robbed early on (and it has def made a difference imo.) 

Nothing is going to change unless Idol actively revises their format to benefit women/minorities and protect them from the power of team Minivan lmao. 

I wonder why team Minivan dislikes female contestants so much.  They’re women, too.  Or am I just guilty of thinking that because they’re women team Minivan should root for a female contestant?

Edited by CarmenSandiego

3 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I wonder why team Minivan dislikes female contestants so much.  They’re women, too.  Aren’t they?

A couple reasons one it's a jealousy thing but the biggest reason is thirst. They mostly just watch Idol for new guys to thirst over every year. That's why the same type of people win Idol every year. 

Edited by QueenKalie