Where does these contestants place in your list of winners?

Gustavo527

Where does these contestants place in your list of winners?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Craig Wayne Boyd

2. 2. Sundance Head

• My top one
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 15
    • Bottom 5
    • Dead last
  3. 3. Jake Hoot

• My top one
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 15
    • Bottom 5
    • Dead last

1. Alisan Porter
  2. Cassadee Pope
  3. Maelyn Jarmon
  4. Tessanne Chin
  5. Sawyer Fredericks
  6. Jordan Smith
  7. Cam Anthony
  8. Girl Named Tom
  9. Chevel Shepherd
  10. Carter Rubin
  11. Sundance Head
  12. Chris Blue
  13. Josh Kaufman
  14. Chloe MK
  15. Craig Wayne Boyd
  16. Jake Hoot
  17. Danielle Bradbery
  18. Javier Colon
  19. Todd Tilghman
  20. Brynn Cartelli
  21. Bryce Leatherwood
  22. Jermaine Paul

At the moment this is how I'm feeling. Some positions could change if/when I rewatched performances, but I think that's my pretty stable top 10 at least. Forgot how much I liked Cassadee especially once she got into her live shows element.

Sundance and Craig are good, but this is a strong list overall I guess. The bottom 7 I don't care for too much although they had good performances here and there.

EDIT: Jake Hoot is neither Top 15 nor bottom 5 on mine 😂 I just voted top 15 anyway

Edited by nytsch

It´s funny how when IDF describes the "good male country" singers we´ve had on the show, these three are often used as examples alongside Adam Wakefield, yet I bet a big majority has them low in their winners list.

I enjoyed Sundance a lot, Craig had some fantastic moment and was pretty consistent. And Hoot had his KO and semis. (And duet with Kelly).

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2

The only one I can speak for is Jake, because I only started watching full seasons from S13. He would probably be in the middle of my list of the 10 winners since then.

1. Maelyn

2. Chloe

3. GNT

4. Cam

5. Chevel/Jake

6. Jake/Chevel

7. Todd

8. Carter

9. Brynn

10. Bryce

1. Cassadee Pope

2. Danielle Bradbery

3. Girl Named Tom

4. Chloe Kohanski

5. Maelyn Jarmon

6. Tessane Chin

7. Jordan Smith 

8. Cam Anthony 

9.  Josh Kaufman 

10. Alisan Porter 

11. Brynn Cartelli 

12. Jake Hoot

13. Sundance Head 

14. Chris Blue 

15. Javier Colon

16. Chevel Shepherd 

17. Craig Wayne Boyd 

18.  Sawyer Fredericks 

19.  Todd Tilghman

20. Bryce Leatherwood 

21. Carter Rubin

22. Jermaine Paul 

Started watching from season 10.

Jake Hoot is still in my bottom 5. His KO might be my favourite country cover on the show, but I thought he was pretty inconsistent week to week. I might have to rewatch.

Sundance would be just outside my bottom 5. He was pretty consistent vocally and put his own unique spins on non country songs.

I've only ever listened to Craig's audition. it was good, better than your typical male country audition, but didn't stand out that much. I can't even rank him fairly.

56 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

It´s funny how when IDF describes the "good male country" singers we´ve had on the show, these three are often used as examples alongside Adam Wakefield, yet I bet a big majority has them low in their winners list.

I enjoyed Sundance a lot, Craig had some fantastic moment and was pretty consistent. And Hoot had his KO and semis. (And duet with Kelly).

Yeah. I think that's mainly down to personal preference, which here tends to be 1) female and 2) powerhouse singers. I love plenty of male indie and alternative rock, but within the genres most popular on this show, that's my preference too.

Also, I think the standard for winners is pretty high overall although that's been slipping in recent years. Not to shade anyone's faves, just... if we did a season ranking I don't think many people would have recent seasons near the top.

4 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Started watching from season 10.

Jake Hoot is still in my bottom 5. His KO might be my favourite country cover on the show, but I thought he was pretty inconsistent week to week. I might have to rewatch.

Sundance would be just outside my bottom 5. He was pretty consistent vocally and put his own unique spins on non country songs.

I've only ever listened to Craig's audition. it was good, better than your typical male country audition, but didn't stand out that much. I can't even rank him fairly.

So You're telling me you haven't listened to the Country King Craig Wayne Boyd?

Btw, his audition was good, but I'd put it at #5 or #6. He has much better performances.

Can't You See

I Walk the Line

The old Rugged Cross

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

So You're telling me you haven't listened to the Country King Craig Wayne Boyd?

Btw, his audition was good, but I'd put it at #5 or #6. He has much better performances.

Can't You See

I Walk the Line

The old Rugged Cross

Well I never had any interest watching the rest of his run cause his audition didn't impress me enough, and as you know, It's hard for me to actually enjoy listening to most country singers on the show even if they are objectively talented singers.

Having watched these 3 performances though, dude can really sing, and not just in comparison to country artists on the show.

Very powerful vocals (held that note for 9 seconds!), a deceptively good range and vocal agility, and quite a few different textures to his voice. I can see why he won, definitely has an argument for best male country singer on the show.

Having said that I still don't see myself coming back to these performances. Partly to due to not liking some of the tones he produces, and also dont care for the song choices.

But I do hear some soul in his voice. Maybe if he sang some soul or southern rock I might like him more. My favourite was actually his KO, which is surprising given I almost never like guys singing upbeat country songs. But that performance was his most varied vocal, and the song is southern rock leaning.

Anyways.. thanks for sharing.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Having said that I still don't see myself coming back to these performances. Partly to due to not liking some of the tones he produces, and also dont care for the song choices.

Yeah, that's where taste comes into play.

5 hours ago, Hsamid said:

But I do hear some soul in his voice. Maybe if he sang some soul or southern rock I might like him more. My favourite was actually his KO, which is surprising given I almost never like guys singing upbeat country songs. But that performance was his most varied vocal, and the song is southern rock leaning.

His KO is one of my all time fav KOs, and "I Walk The Line" is my fav country performance ever (And I'm well aware of Rose's God's Country.)

• Like 1

Just now, Hamza Tufail said:

Without that people would've been like, Have you not listened to Rose's God's Country???? Se was leagues above him, or etc....

idk, perhaps it could happen but i doubt almost anyone considers that a country performance. it’s a cover of a country song, sure, but it’s def not country.

i was gonna say that’s a very specific thing to mention but to be fair bringing up and praising rose out of the blue sounds very characteristic of idf 😭

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Without that people would've been like, Have you not listened to Rose's God's Country???? Se was leagues above him, or etc....

I genuinely don't think that would have happened, like, at all. 

I doubt anyone is policing every single post here just to wait for someone mention their favorite country performance and then reply to them "Oh no, Rose had the best country performance ever!! You're so wrong😠😠" like, realistically, no. 

But it's ok, you have let it clear how much you dislike Rose (and Keisha), like, at every little chance you have. And it's ok, you are entitled to your opinions as well as you are entitled to repeat them as much as you can. (I possibly have done the same with some contestants i dislike:dead:)

Edited by Gustavo527

9 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I genuinely don't think that would have happened, like, at all. 

I doubt anyone is policing every single post here just to wait for someone mention their favorite country performance and then reply to them "Oh no, Rose had the best country performance ever!! You're so wrong😠😠" like, realistically, no. 

You're wrong. Of course no one reads every single post here, but sometimes people do give these types of replies (especially when it comes to divas, as they have a lot of passionate fans.)

This has happened to me before, so that's the reason I mentioned it. iirc on the live thread, some people literally said to me "Shut Up, have you even listened to Payge?" just because I said I liked Tanner and WTW the most in the Wild Card.

Edited by Hamza Tufail