The Voice 22 ● The Battles Part 2 ● Discussion

istersay

2 minutes ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

John definitely is regretting his life rn not turning for Justin!

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

as he should

Well, John can blame his "weakness" of overthinking his own songs.

Really, he's just a snob who can't take someone singing his songs better than he can.

2 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

Grace and Reina were disappointing. Reina was obviously better, whereas Grace was really nervous and didn’t live up to her blind. That being said, the arrangement sucked the life out of the song. In retrospect, I wouldn’t have cared about it being montaged.

I think that they wanted to show the shock of a thirteen-year-old two-chair-turn beating a more experienced four-chair-turn.  (See: Lyndsey Elm's tragic, nonsensical loss to Braiden Sunshine.)

1 minute ago, Rodney said:

I think that they wanted to show the shock of a thirteen-year-old two-chair-turn beating a more experienced four-chair-turn.  (See: Lyndsey Elm's tragic, nonsensical loss to Braiden Sunshine.)

That does kind of make sense, but still, the battle did nothing for me.

• Like 2

Ava (A-) vs. Orlando (D+) — Orlando’s tone felt grating to me and I thought Ava showed off more aspects of her voice.

Cara (C) vs. Jay (C) — this battle didn’t interest me.

Nia (C-) vs. Emma (B-) — Nia’s vocals didn’t work well for me and Emma didn’t seem to fit the vibe of the song. I liked their harmony in the middle.

Bodie (A-) vs. Jaeden (D+) — Bodie’s runs are insane. I don’t like Jaeden’s tone and I felt like some of his attempted vocal tricks didn’t work.

Reina (B-) vs. Grace (D) — a big step down from Grace’s audition (which makes me sad bc she had my favorite audition!), and this song also didn’t let Reina soar like in her audition. Neither felt like standout performers.

Destiny (A) vs. Justin (A) — at first, the battle felt a bit messy with the overlapping singing and neither of them really stood out a ton. Then…. OH MY GOD…. Destiny’s notes……… Justin’s runs and growl…… that was crazy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ptones2010 said:

He went as far as saying he picked her because she was a powerful woman, and how it was like a tribute and honor to his mom...and just like that he flips to Team Blake.

In his interview with Taryn Papa, Jay said he went with Gwen after his audition "for a couple different reasons." "Number one, my soon-to-be wife in eight days told me to. She's a huge Gwen fan." Second, Gwen is "such a powerful, successful woman." "I think there's a lot to learn from powerful, successful women—especially in our day and age." Jay added "I'm obviously marrying one," and then he described his mom as a beautiful, kind, loving person.

https://www.wsmv.com/video/2022/09/26/meet-jay-allen-he-is-team-gwen-voice-this-season

While Jay's initial choice honored the women in his life, the next decision was based on his own career. Jay explained that he has been in Nashville for almost ten years and is in the "country music business" like Blake. When the battle round opportunity presented itself, Jay understandably picked the true country coach.