Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

Mecia Simson

Image of Mecia Simson

Mecia was a contestant on Britains Next Top Model, and she was the winner of cycle 5.  Mecia was never my pick to win.  Future winner of America's Next Top Model Cycle 17, Sophie Sumner was on this season.  Honestly, Sophie wasn't anymore likable then Mecia this season.  The real star of the season was Jade Sorley who really dominated the photos during the season.  She also had that story line about her eating disorder and over coming it, she had all the picks to be the winner. 4 First Call-outs and 4 Top 2 placements, with 0 bottom placements before her elimination.

Lets talk about Mecia though.  She very pretty.  She did well throughout the competition, but she was never the front runner.  She had 1 First Call Out and 2 bottom 2 two placements.  But neither her or her Top 2 finalist were overly developed throughout the season.  I liked her Ice Queen, and her Car photo was her strongest photo of the season.  I don't know much about what she's done since the show has ended, as I didn't follow her due to robbing Jade. That said apparently she was in the Witcher, so maybe she is going more acting these days.

• Sad 1

Brynn Cartelli

220px-Brynn_cartelli_2021_3.jpg

Time to go back and cut more underwhelming teen winners for singing competitions. Brynn was a contestant on season 14, were all her performances ranged from forgettable to absolutely catastrophic (Unstoppable is almost funny for how bad it is, but not quite there). After that blunder she stuck with slow songs for the entire competition to avoid showing how mediocre of a singer she is, and somehow that paid dividends for her getting her the win over better much better options. She has released a few singles and an EP that have done almost nothing in changing my opinion on her. So yeah, about time she's out of this.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jarmon said:

DANE RUPERT

When I first saw this, I thought "Oh no! Not another good one," but given the choices left for BBCan, Dane might've been next on my list too, half of the other candidates being immune, and the others being solid contenders.  However, I would have preferred to have a longer delay, especially with so many of the Big Brother winners from south of the border waving their unsavory behinds in the air. 

_RAY6618.jpg
Alexis Warr

Alexis Warr is the most recent winner of So You Think You Can Dance US. Alexis is also the first ever Latin Ballroom winner from the US show which is a decent achievement since Nigel has been trying to make it happen for years. I’m cutting Alexis because I was completely underwhelmed by 90% of what she did on the show. She really doesn’t stack up well amongst the rest of the winners. I thought she was a better Contemporary dancer than she was a Latin Ballroom dancer so it kinda ruined her journey for me. Do I enjoy the show as much as I used to? Nope. Does that probably have something to do with it? Maybe. Maybe I would’ve enjoyed her more with a longer journey. Maybe she would’ve won me over eventually? I don’t know but I didn’t enjoy her this year and found her to be so overrated by this forum. I know there was barely any discussion during the season lol but everyone had her ranked in the top two and it baffled me. She’s recently joined the DWTS troupe so I’m sure we’ll see her for two minutes on that this year.

• Sad 3

Catching up on what I missed... 

Dane is a fair cut. He's probably my actual least favorite BBCAN winner so I'm good with him going. He's a good player but yeah did not care for him.

I don't know Mecia but she is really gorgeous. 😮 Lol I can see how some of you said she probably would have been my favorite had I seen her cycle. :dead: 

I do like Brynn but also a fine/fair cut. I get how those were underwhelmed by her. I'm just glad she outlasted most of the The Voice winners I didn't care for. Although she also outlasted some winners I like too. :dead: 

Earl Cole

survivor-fiji-20070515031522651.jpg?fit=bounds&width=1280&height=720

Most of the guys on Earl's season were cool and athletic, and they all knew that in order to win, they would have to compete each other out. Meanwhile, Earl sat like a bump on a log, and did little more game-wise than make an alliance with Yauman. Nobody viewed either Earl or Yauman as a physical threat, and after the bloodbath was over, Dreamz emerged as the last man standing of his competitors. Earl lucked out over Yauman in better matching the shade of Dreamz and Cassandra, to make a pretty final three. At the final tribal counsel, resentment reared its ugly head, and the bitter jury snubbed Dreamz in favor of a win for Earl. I am cutting Earl at this point, because while he was not a bad person, he was a boring person, and he won by sleeping his way to the end, not by any great strategy he followed.

Craig Eddie

R.ea471a34a71bea59dfcccd23226f5361?rik=L

Craig Eddie is a Scottish singer from New Carron, Falkirk. He won the tenth series of The Voice UK. Before pursuing music, he worked in a call center, an Asda warehouse, and Greggs. He auditioned for the tenth series of The Voice UK in 2021 with the song "Let It Rain" by Foy Vance and was on Anne-Marie's team. After performing his own song called "Come Waste My Time", he was announced as the winner. Other songs he sang were "This City", "lovely", "Train Wreck", and "Don't Speak" with his mentor. Craig says music is his therapy and it gets him through hard times.

Samuel Larsen

tumblr_n0y4dwvotL1qmvfx1o1_1280.jpg

As sad as I am that Alexis was cut, you all know getting petty so soon when there's still lots of random fodder to take out is not my style. So, let's wipe out the last of The Glee Project winners, shall we? They really knew how to pick the worst options on that show, I suppose Samuel is the best of the 3 winners, but that is an easy feat to achieve when one is a trash human being and the other is painfully mediocre. Samuel is fine. He was better than Damian, sure, but Lindsay, Alex and Marissa were far more talented. I remember most of his confessionals being him talking about how much he wanted to win. Since he won, he got a 7-episode arc on Glee that turned into 20 episodes (I think?). He played the role of Joe Hart, a barefoot Christian character who was very much based off what Samuel was like in this life. Naturally, they had him join Glee club. They also had him grow close to my fave Quinn in the aftermath of her car accident, and I'm very glad that plot line never went any further when Quinn graduated and Diana Agron moved on from that sinking ship of a show, only showing up for the occasional guest appearance from season 4 onwards. Besides that, he was relegated to a background character whose main purpose was to fill a seat in the choir room and exist so New Directions could meets the 12 members quota for competitions. He also returned as the guest mentor for Dance-ability week in season 2 of TGP. Not that his advice helped Abraham, because Abraham helped contribute in a bad way to the trainwreck that was that week's music video. Anyway, an article recently came out where he said he auditioned for the role of Sam Evans, which went to Chord Overstreet. And I truly cannot imagine Samuel working in the role of Sam, given he's completely different than what Sam Evans is as a character. And apparently they told him to audition for The Glee Project when he didn't get the role. Congrats to him for being the last of TGP winners standing, but that show deserves to be completely out of this rankdown for choosing mediocre winners when actually talented people were RIGHT THERE in the finale both seasons.

Edited by *Amanda
  • Like 1

Reichen & Chip

21222152.101123.jpg

Josh & Brent, Will & James, and Jordan all gone? I hate to contribute to the decimation of LGBTQ+ TAR winners but here I am. Tbh I think the other winners I listed are way too low and absolutely should not be below Reichen & Chip (especially Dan & Jordan) but I digress. Hopefully Scott and Kisha will be able to hold on strong and keep the gays alive in TAR. Reichen & Chip won the 4th season of TAR. Through whining, self-righteousness, and abuse they quickly became one of my least favorite teams ever. TAR 4 is far from one of my favorite seasons so I'm glad it wasn't a season I loved that ended in a shitty winner. Unfortunately you're all getting another half assed writeup for me because I've already cut and #dragged their asses here in the TAR rankdown, so feel free to check that writeup out if you wanna more about why they're horrible. 

Nayte Olukoya

images-q-tbn-ANd9-Gc-Qt-Mfms2-Dsqaal-FDy

This man broke up with the Bachelorette Michelle Young over a text message. He also was out all over social media with another female on the franchise who thirsted for him while he was engaged less than 3 weeks after he broke up with Michelle over text. This man said he did not want to move from Austin then moved to LA weeks after their breakup. This man wrote a novel on how he did not do anything wrong all while being cold and knowing he sure as heck as did LOL. I could go on but I am annoyed. Michelle ignored his red flags and he burned her and was terrible all around about it. Bye now! I keep wanting to go petty again but Nayte still being here after how he has acted lately just is not it.

God I wish the current Bachelorettes F1's were in this game I'd be trashing both, I am appalled at what came out today.

Aww I liked Earl, but his was a season I binge watched so my feelings aren't as strong as Survivor winners' seasons who I watched live. :haha: I get him being boring though.

Samuel served his purpose of being the last standing from The Glee Project, so I'm okay with his cut at this point too.

Ah I knew about Michelle & Nayte breaking up, which I was sad about as I love Michelle and really wanted her to have a relationship that could last. But yeah Nayte didn't really seem like that guy for it. 🙈 BUT I didn't know he broke up with Michelle over text. WTH? 😐 I also didn't know about all of the other drama that happened with them so ugh, this is all disappointing to learn. >.<

8 minutes ago, *Diana said:

God I wish the current Bachelorettes F1's were in this game I'd be trashing both, I am appalled at what came out today.

Ooh dear, I both really want to know about this / want to wait for the finale to find out what this entails. 🙈 I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. :dead: 

Rachel & Gabby had to endure what Clayton put them through only for things to end up like...that with their F1's. :( 

(Another example of "Maybe you should do a better job of vetting the guys you cast" so we can avoid things like this happening as often as they do.)

17 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Let's just say one is a Hannah/Jed 2.0 and the other is Becca/Garrett 2.0 

6 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Rachel & Gabby had to endure what Clayton put them through only for things to end up like...that with their F1's. :( 

(Another example of "Maybe you should do a better job of vetting the guys you cast" so we can avoid things like this happening as often as they do.)

Awkward Jay Z GIF by Complex

Ugh, disappointing as I was so happy for Gabby at the end of last night's episode (and I liked the guy too). 😭

Jasper Garvida (Project Catwalk - Series 3)

220px-Jasper_Garvida.png

Jasper won the 3rd and final season of the UK version of Project Runway. Fun fact, Diana's favorite Kelly Osborne is the host of that show. Jasper beat out 12 other designers and won with 2 challenge wins and 1 bottom two appearance. Chelsey had the better track record, but Jasper's final runway inspired by Salvador Dali won in the end. Jasper then appeared on Project Runway All Stars 7, the all winner season. He didn't fare as well there, and got 12th place out of 14. But that was good enough to place higher than Seth Aaron, who was shockingly eliminated in 13th place despite having won 2 other seasons of Project Runway (both still in this game). Jasper went home for this look on a corset challenge:

Project-Runway-All-Stars-Jasper-1.jpg?re

Jasper says the look is inspired by the concept of "behind every great man is a great woman." Guest judge Rebecca Minkoff says that concept is outdated and so is his look. Oop. Jasper came across kind of annoying and delusional so it wasn't a sad day when he left.

Kate Ceberano

8991f27282657cec6a92333720aa1de7

For today's cut, I've decided to go with Kate Ceberano. Dancing with the Stars Australia is a series... of course like DWTS but in Australia, so I don't have to explain the premise of it. But I hadn't watched this versions' earlier seasons (in live time) and started following the series during Season 14. Therefore, I'm not as familiar with the earlier seasons (well except the ones that returned for Season 18's and 19's All-Stars editions) and this includes Kate Ceberano. Kate Ceberano is a singer/songwriter, actress, musical theatre performer and TV personality, who won the 6th season of Dancing with the Stars Australia, where she was partnered with John Paul Collins. Kate earned the 2nd highest overall average behind Tim Campbell, with a 33.87. She only earned 1 perfect score for her Freestyle. Some of Kate's other highlights included a 37 for her Jive, 36 for her Paso Doble, 39 for her Samba and 35 for her Viennese Waltz. So Kate looks more like a Latin girl! :bobo: I will close this write-up with Kate's both beautiful and really fun West Side Story Freestyle that won her the show below.

JAKE HOOT 

Jake-Hoot-Kelly-Clarkson.jpg

Known as "The Hoot" during the season, lmao. I remember the first when the audience were cheering "HOOT! HOOT! HOOT!', I thought they were booing him LMAO! Then, I was like "Oh, they're saying Hoot". Jake Hoot was named winner of the 17th season, marking Kelly Clarkson's third win as a coach. Also, Hoot became the second winner in the show’s history to have been a one-chair turn in the Blind Auditions. This is also the last season to date with four finalists compete in the finale. 

Jake Hoot sang "When It Rains It Pours" by Luke Combs for his Blind Audition which earned a 1 chair turn by Kelly Clarkson. He then sang "Always on My Mind" against Steve Knill in the Battles and this was a great battle. Then his standout performance was "Cover Me Up" in the Knockouts, definitely the moment that made him a front runner. His Live Show performances were fine but I wasn't super amazed, although his covers of "Danny's Song" & "Every Light in the House" were fantastic! I just was disappointed that on a season that had many many other faves of mine such as Brooke Stephenson, Brennan Lassiter, Steve Knill, Rose Short, Kyndal Inskeep, Katie Kadan, Marybeth Byrd, Khalea Lynee, Zoe Upkins, James Violet, Mendeleyev, Dane & Stephanie, Ricky Duran, Kat Hammock, Gracee Shriver, Lauren Hall, Marina Chello, Cory Jackson & Josie Jones....we ended up with a JAKE HOOT WIN?!?! SIGH. I think he also had that single dad(?!) storyline, I think it was a single dad storyline or something like that that really appealed to Minivan and was a big part as to why he won. So out the Rankdown he goes, now. 

• Like 1