Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

1 hour ago, NGM said:

Kaycee Clark

Wow! 😲 Survivor and Big Brother are really taking the hits; but still, I feel compelled to rush in and cut everybody who is worse than the players other people are cutting. I feel like everyone is getting ahead of me. I was going to do another Survivor player that was worse than Bob Crowley, but you've really raised the bar over in the Big Brother house, so I think my cut for tonight will come from there.

I admit I was disappointed over Kaycee's win, but I was okay with it. Better her than Tyler, after all. 🤨

Edited by Qorey
syntax

18 minutes ago, Qorey said:

Wow! 😲 Survivor and Big Brother are really taking the hits; but still, I feel compelled to rush in and cut everybody who is worse than the players other people are cutting. I feel like everyone is getting ahead of me. I was going to do another Survivor player that was worse than Bob Crowley, but you've really raised the bar over in the Big Brother house, so I think my cut for tonight will come from there.

I admit I was disappointed over Kaycee's win, but I was okay with it. Better her than Tyler, after all. 🤨

Haven't you cut a bulk of the ones who've already been cut?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Solaris said:

Haven't you cut a bulk of the ones who've already been cut?

Yes, and every time someone comes along and cuts another one, I think "Why did they cut that person, when so-and-so is still in the game?" and I am inspired to make more cuts to correct the discrepency. It's a vicious cycle. 😝

6 minutes ago, Qorey said:

Yes, and every time someone comes along and cuts another one, I think "Why did they cut that person, when so-and-so is still in the game?" and I am inspired to make more cuts to correct the discrepency. It's a vicious cycle. 😝

You cut Sarah, so you can't make that statement anymore!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

Mecia for robbing Jade....and Sophie

2 hours ago, Zoey said:

:rofl: Mecia would’ve been Wally’s number one from that series. Mecia and Annaliese.

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

i know.  

LOL She would have? :dead: Lmaoo I'm so curious about Mecia if she seems like an obvious Wally fave. 🤣

Although I do really like Annaliese, so I could see her being a favorite of mine on BNTM too. :haha: 

I do agree that Survivor and Big Brother are taking some hits, although that statement coming from someone cutting lots of Survivors and BB people is kinda ironic. :dead: 

Although I know there have been a lot of bad winners from those shows and none have been really robbed yet, imo. Well... okay Tony and Sarah, maybe. I do worry a bit about the count of them, as we haven't gotten to the Top 600 and there's still shows untouched that most of us haven't watched. :dead: I'm just hoping that the good likable winners can be left alone for awhile and make it to good spots. :haha: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

I do worry a bit about the count of them, as we haven't gotten to the Top 600 and there's still shows untouched that most of us haven't watched.

What can I say? I have an addiction.

NICK FRADIANI

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95226c996f6dcfcb69c2f1782a98658a51d77bbf781&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

I was avoiding cutting Idol winners until more fodder was gone, but then I saw Kris Allen was cut. Since Kris is no longer in this game, then there's absolutely no reason Nick Fradiani should still be here. Before American Idol was rebooted on ABC, Nick was easily the blandest winner ever. All the ABC winners are somehow blander than Nick though (with the exception of Just Sam). Throughout Season 14, Nick delivered adequate yet completely uninspiring performances. His performances all blend together and have no re-watch value. Clark Beckham outperformed and outsang Nick all season long. Clark should've won, but it seems like the determining factor was the coronation singles. The audience preferred Nick's "Beautiful Life" over Clark's "Champion," so Nick got the win. I admit "Beautiful Life" was the better song, but that shouldn't have offset how much stronger Clark was throughout the season. Anyway, I had no plans to keep up with Nick's post-Idol career, but I did hear "All On You" on the radio not too long after Season 14 wrapped up. I liked the sound of it, and I looked it up to see who sang it. So, imagine my surprise when I found out it was a Nick Fradiani song. I admit I like that song, so I'll post that one here. Regardless, Nick delivered a milquetoast Idol run and shouldn't have outlasted Kris Allen here, so out Nick goes from the rankdown.

• Like 2

Kyla Coleman

Kyla Coleman | the Fashion Spot

Kyla Coleman is the final winner from America's Next Top Model.  She won cycle 24.  I've held off cutting from America's Next Top Model but if Lisa can go, I can cut one of my leasy favorite winners too.  Kyla won the show at the age of 20.  She was never really a front runner to me.  Bigger personalities and in my opinion better models were Jeana and Krystyana.  The later had a number of first call outs over the season and a stunning portfolio.  Kyla was a slow burner as she didn't get her First call out until episode 8 during the Gold photo shoot.  This was in my opinion her best photo of the season. She got two other first call outs right at the end of the competition in episode 13 and 14 for the tarantula redux photo with Queen Eva and the Pantene comercial (which I thought she should have been in the bottom for).  

She didn't have a big personality, and wasn't very memorable over the season. Also apparently Jeana called Kyla out as a bully post season. Though I hear she has had a pretty great career since winning, so congrats on that.  As far as ANTM winners go, she isn't it for me.

Q&A: Kyla Coleman, Winner of 'America's Next Top Model' and Washington  State Native - Seattle magazine

Edited by Solaris
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Steve Moses

In the season Steve won, the alliance of Austin, Vanessa, and the twins took control of the game early on, and kept it almost until the end; but Steve had a side alliance with Vanessa, and managed to infiltrate the final three, evict Vanessa, and win the game. Steve is often touted as a great strategic player, however, he won the game more by having "the right look" than by anything he did strategically. As might be predicted, "Austin's Angels" used their HOH wins to evict the more likable and attractive players, and allowed Steve the benefit of being the last one left outside the alliance. Steve was not a bad guy, and he seemed genuinely touched by his overall win, but I often found him a bit too overzealous, and I think his path to the end was not as difficult as it might have been for others.

• Like 1

I was kinda impressed how long Nick lasted. I like him more than most people here but don't really mind Steven cutting him after losing Kris. 

Hmm Kyla gone before a few others from ANTM? Well she's an okay cut overall but there's others I like less than her so I'll have to consider cutting those soon. :haha: 

Steve is also definitely a fair cut. Nice enough guy and I liked him as a person..... but he definitely shouldn't have won over Vanessa. I'll admit he made the right move in evicting her and bringing Liz to the Final 2 to get his chance to win.  So he made the right move for him. But based on everything, he didn't do nearly as much as Vanessa.

Nicole Alexander "Hoopz" (FOL Season 1)

img.png?width=600&quality=85

Nicole Deannae "Hoopz" Alexander is the first winner of Flavor of Love. Her and Flav mentioned at the reunion that they broke up, so I figured this would be a safe cut. Also, I noticed she is in this rankdown twice. Nicole is from Detroit, Michigan. She earned the nickname "Hoopz" because of her basketball abilities. She was a high school athlete that didn't go on to play professionally. Nicole dated Shaq at one time (is there any commercial or thing that Shaq is not involved with?) She has her own fitness brand and runs her own store, Heaven on Earth. She was in two films. 

Awww I loved Hoopz. ❤️ 

Lol Alex makes a good point since yeah the rest of the Flavor of Love cast was definitely more entertaining. But still, I always really liked her. :haha: LMAOO the Shaq mention with his commercials. :dead: I didn't know, or at least I forgot, that she dated Shaq. 😮 

Kyla won solely because the contract was with Pantene and they wanted her. Period. After the show she used the title to actually become a fairly successful fashion model, which is more than most winners can say. But on the show she was dull dull dull dull and her portfolio paled in comparison to her competitors

• Like 4

Nick & Phil Paquette

Big-Brother-Canada_S04_E21_EN_2997p_20_ProResHQ_Loudness24_15721_1157445_1920x1080.jpg

While BBCAN remains the superior product to BBUS, it is not without its terrible winners (though luckily ten seasons in I still like/love the majority of the winners 😮). Enter Nick & Phil. A Phil & Nick-esque figure winning BBCAN was inevitable though. The first three seasons winners included a wacky school teacher whose favorite pastimes included bathing in the blood of every throat she slit throughout the season, a shockingly fun hockey bro who was happy to ride the coattails of the goddesses of his season, and a pansexual stoner who hates men and isn't afraid to let the world know. There's just no way this streak of amazing winners could continue and unfortunately it comes to a screeching halt in the fourth season. Truthfully for most of the season, Nick & Phil are fine. They are the big twist of the season where Phil is ~shocked~ when Nick enters the game (or is it vice versa idc) and learns they have to play as a duo. Idk I know there's NDA's and all that, but if I was going on a reality show I would definitely let my sister know so idk why they were so shocked to see each other in the house. Phil & Nick had a huge advantage in the game. Essentially they had someone they can trust 100% to bounce ideas off of and discuss strategy. Nick would never screw Phil over because that means he's screwing himself over as they're playing as one person and vice versa. They also had the ability to be in two rooms at the same time which is huge. Unfortunately, they're idiots so they never took advantage of any of this.

Nick & Phil were in the middle of the house during the first half of the season. While the Jared and Loveita factions went to war, Nick & Phil floated by, building relationships so they're in a good position when the war inevitably ceases and they must begin playing. Unfortunately for them, this was a similar position also maintained by far superior players like Tim, Mitch, and Cassandra. So when that war did end as the Loveita side was systematically picked off one-by-one, all eyes were on the pair of strong brothers as the next obvious target. They made no effort building relationships so their only plan was to suck up to Jared and live inside of his ass. And this was absolutely pathetic on their (mainly Phil's part) because Jared didn't give a single shit about them and they were maybe, like, the fifth most important allies for Jared? Luckily, Cassandra had different plans from Phil & Nick and knocked Jared out mid-jury, leaving Nick & Phil to play on their own. They still made horrible decision after horrible decision. They won the next HOH and used Nikki as a pawn because they trusted Cassandra, the woman who just took out their King Jared (and originally tried to take them out before they won veto). These idiots had the gall to be shocked when Cassandra immediately backstabbed them like three seconds later. It's like the snake already bit them, why are they returning for another apple? The Nick & Phil nightmare should've ended right there when they tried to nominate themselves out of pure anger over getting backstabbed by Cass, but unfortunately Arisa did not allow this so they stuck around to become the world's most unlikable underdogs.

One of the worst nights of watching feeds for me was right after that double eviction when Phil & Nick spent, like, a straight hour RAILING into Cassandra about what an awful vile bitch she is. I was genuinely worried they were gonna get violent with her they were so hot with rage. You'd think because Phil & Nick won the game they must have some redeeming gameplay or personality traits, right? No, not really. Unfortunately the rootable houseguests were inept when it came to competitions so Phil & Nick and Jared's showmance Kelsey were able to win out (I say Phil & Nick, but it was really Nick as they won six competitions throughout the season and five of those wins were courtesy of Nick). So the two manage to make it to the final two together and Phil & Nick win because Kelsey was actually evicted prejury and only came back thanks to some dumbass twist, and at times she somehow managed to be even MORE unlikable than Phil & Nick, so the jury settled with a Phil & Nick victory.

I considered cutting Phil & Nick earlier, but there's things to like about them. I always forget about the Maddy & Nick showmance the first month of the show which is absolutely hilarious (well the showmance wasn't hilarious, but Maddy asking Phil to dump Nick for her so she can showmance with Ramsey was hilarious (though that's more of a Maddy moment ❤️)). I also regretfully find Phil very hot so that was another reason I didn't cut them earlier 🙈. But right now my only strategy is to kill time before I'm able to finally cut Jackson Michie (we're almost there ❤️) and that means it's time for BBCAN to take their first hit.

• Like 2

McKey Sullivan
MV5-BMTUz-MTQ3-MDg1-OV5-BMl5-Ban-Bn-Xk-F

Speaking of ANTM winners who really didn't have a strong portfolio and her season was truly one of the most unimportant boring of seasons of the show. Uninspired season and uninspired winner. Just boring and the definition of mediocrity. Besides her bikini shot I don't think she did anything too amazing. She did have some work post show but retired from modeling pretty quickly. She now has six children yeah six.. good for her but I figured when I looked at the list of ANTM winners left she was the clear worst one left so I decided to make this cut today. 

• Like 1

Oooh I was wondering who the first BBCAN winner cut was going to be. 😮 I was considering cutting Dane, since at least with the Paquette bros, I liked one of them (Phil I think?) and they had a better season.... but the Paquette bros is a fair cut. :yes: 

OMG #bless Diana for the McKey cut since she was on my shortlist of cuts to make within the next few days! :dead: She was the ANTM winner I was thinking of cutting. Perfectly said and fair cut though!

Melissa d'Arabian

1348842169139.jpeg

There hasn't been a cut yet from Food Network Star, so I suppose that I'll make that cut tonight with making Melissa d'Arabian my cut here. Melissa d'Arabian is a Stay-at-Home Mom from Keller, Texas, who won the 5th season of Food Network Star. Her Culinary P.O.V. is "Kitchen Survival Guide." I don't know what this means but sounds fun. I'm seeing that Melissa only won one main challenge, which was on Week 4. This challenge was when Guy Fieri and TJ Walter (USA WEEKEND Magazine associate editor), surprised the contestants on Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum. The contestants had to create a dish using a basket of international ingredients for a group of returning American soldiers. The winner of the challenge would get their recipe on the July 3–5th cover of USA WEEKEND Magazine, so well done to Melissa on earning that. 

Melissa won the show in August 2009, and as a prize, she got her own show called Ten Dollar Dinners. I'm learning that the winners of Food Network Star actually get their cooking own shows on Food Network, which I think is reallly cool. 😮 It gives them good exposure for their recipes and all. I'm seeing that Melissa's show went on for 7 seasons and 84 episodes, which is really good. I got nothing else left to say but I'm impressed I managed to come up with all of this considering I've never heard of Melissa d'Arabian. :dead: But hopefully fans of this show is okay with this cut. 

CHRIS SEBASTIAN

Chris-and-Tash-Sebastian-1200.jpg

Christopher Troy Sebastian is an Australian singer and songwriter. In 2012, Sebastian took part in the 1st season of The Voice Australia and was in Team Seal, but was eliminated in the quarter finals. He returned to The Voice Australia in the 9th season and joined Kelly Rowland's team winning the title in July 2020. 

As mentioned in Guy's write-up, Chris is the younger brother of Guy Sebastian. And I just thought it was an awful idea to have the brother of a coach on the show. But anyway, it is what is is. He sang "Jealous" for his Blind Audition where he turned all 4 chairs and chose Kelly Rowland. He then beat Sapphire Tamalemai in the Battles singing "Titanium. Then sang "24K Magic" in The Plays-Offs and that was certainly a choice. He then sang "Attention" for the Show Downs which was actually a pretty nice performance that I enjoyed. He then sang "Before You Go" for his Semi-Final performance which is without a doubt my fave performance of Chris'. Then for the Grand Final, he sang "Numb" and "The Horses" with Daryl Braithwaite. Then securing himself the win over Johnny Manuel, Stellar Perry & Siala Robson. I was a big Stellar fan so was very disappointed that she didn't win and Chris won instead.

So now I have officially cut both the Sebastian brothers from the Rankdown! No idea who I'll be targeting next.

9618a5471c50d48387441814091d3faf

9 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Nick & Phil Paquette

The brothers are hard to place for me. I would've preferred that they be evaluated separately, since they are two different people. Honestly, I think being two people made them such a big threat that they would've been on everybody's radar, so for them to make it all the way to the end is pretty impressive. I don't think they deserve to be first out from BBCan.

The four paragraphs in your writeup used a lot of words, but I think what you really meant to say is "Waaaahhhh! 😭 They got out Nikki! Kill them!"

You've done it again.😝 With Nick and Phil being eliminated before their time, I have to go and eliminate the rightful first winner out of BBCan. 

• Solaris changed the title to Reality Champion Rankdown