Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

4 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Since you've now decided to participate, I think I am going to leave singing comp shows to you, since I Know thats your primary knowledge.

I'll primarily be cuttung from singing shows, RPDR, etc. but I also want to cut the weaker winners from shows like Hell's Kitchen, The Challenge, The Apprentice, etc. So if anyone wants to tell me the weaker winners of the shows, let me know!

• Like 1

Aww I loved Zac & Elizabeth but I can totallly get the cut. It's true that they were far from the most entertaining couple/personalities on the show - other couples def brought more tension and drama. But they definitely were the strongest romantic couple and I just really liked and rooted for them! ❤️ I can get them being called boring though. :haha: Ugh I was sad they didn't work outside of the show but that's something that tends to happen.

And also like Steven mentioned, I would have loved having Zeta & Timmy in the game, as they were a strong/great couple from the last season but it was too late to add them. :( LOL although I should have snuck included them before they won since we knew they would be winning lmao. :giggle: 

6 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

And also like Steven mentioned, I would have loved having Zeta & Timmy in the game, as they were a strong/great couple from the last season but it was too late to add them. :( LOL although I should have snuck included them before they won since we knew they would be winning lmao. :giggle: 

Zeta is 😍

She is one of the best RTV contestants I’ve seen in a long time.

• Like 1

didn't get to comment yesterday, but sad Ariel #2 got cut from Hell's kitchen, she's one of my favorite winners.

As for Hells kitchen winners  @~Tom~ I am fine with most of them getting cut that are not Christine Wilson, Heather or Meghan.

So Imma need some new targets and I'll venture off into other shows. :haha: If anyone can recommend some of the weaker winners or winners that should be going from these shows, that would be appreciated.

Food Network Star
Britian's Got Talent
Big Brother UK (earlier seasons before 2011)
Love Island UK
MasterChef
Project Runway (any of the editions)
Skin Wars
The Amazing Race (US / Canada)
The Apprentice (US / UK)
The Challenge (mainly the earlier seasons)
The Circle
The Great British Bake-Off
The Mole
The Voice (Australia / UK)
Top Chef
Top Model (Australia / UK)

2 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

So Imma need some new targets and I'll venture off into other shows. :haha: If anyone can recommend some of the weaker winners or winners that should be going from these shows, that would be appreciated.

Food Network Star
Britian's Got Talent
Love Island UK
MasterChef
Skin Wars
The Apprentice (US / UK)
The Circle
The Mole
Top Chef

Idk about targets, but I'll pm you some of my faves if you could leave those alone for the next bit of the game at least.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Idk about targets, but I'll pm you some of my faves if you could leave those alone for the next bit of the game at least.

hit me up with this too, as I am going to start going for some of these shows.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Send me this PM also, as I was going to go for some of those shows for a bit. :yes: 

22 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Food Network Star
Britian's Got Talent
Love Island UK
MasterChef
Skin Wars
The Apprentice (US / UK)
The Circle
The Mole
Top Chef

Do not touch Nadiya or Candice from GBBO please. 

• Thanks 1

Marlisa Punzalan

marlisa_punzalan_3.jpg

Marlisa Ann Punzalan is an Australian singer. She started singing at three years old. She auditioned for Australia's Got Talent, but didn't make it past the audition rounds. She was going to audition for The Voice Kids, but did not meet the age requirement (too old by a month). She won the sixth season of The X Factor Australia in 2014. She was the youngest contestant to win the show at 15. Her audition song was "Yesterday" by The Beatles and it received four yeses. Her mentor was Ronan Keating. Marlisa received a recording contract with Sony Music Australia and released her debut single "Stand by You". Her single debuted at #2 on the ARIA Singles Chart and was certified platinum by the Australian Recording Industry Association. After the release of her single, her self-titled debut album was released. It debuted at #6 on the ARIA Albums Chart and was certified gold. 

Oooh thanks for those fun facts of Marlisa there, Gigi. 😮 I did not know Marlisa was supposed to audition for The Voice Kids and was just a month too old for it. :dead: She was very determined trying out for all of those shows so good on her for winning XFAU6! :yes: Even though Reigan should have won but still.

I'm happy with the Top 3 remaining XFAU winners as all 3 of them are really fantastic! :wub: Hopefully they can all last a long while.

• Like 1

Marlisa was super underwhelming the majority of the season.  She got better as it went on but it always should have been Reigan.

She did give us this though, so I can appreciate the one performance.

• Like 2

Laura & Tyler

150518-news-amazing-race-laura-tyler.jpg

Laura & Tyler ranged from offensively boring to boringly offensive. They had an unearned air of superiority surrounding them which I did not like. They definitely acted like they were hot shit even though they were neither witty nor interesting. Laura & Tyler were fans of the show that completely ignored the blind date twist and just ran a solid season together until they won. I actually did enjoy how Phil tried to keep pushing the couple angle onto them but instead they were just like “Lol nope we’re busy trying to win”. I respected their game and how hard they raced. I didn’t respect how they talked about Hayley & Blair, nor did I respect their cockiness.
Tyler immediately turned me off at the drag task in Thailand. While all the men were having fun with it and taking it lightly, Tyler was clearly extremely uncomfortable and made a few “jokes” that bordered on transphobic. And it’s difficult for me to say “this was a different time” like I might with the earlier seasons because it was literally 2015 lol and the rest of the men were super open-minded about it. I just think contrasting Tyler to the other men at the task, it was clear to see who was the only one not having fun with it.
So after they turned me off there I was hesitant to root for them. But it’s not like they tried very hard to gain my interest. They really brought nothing to the show for the rest of the race. Even in Germany when they left their fanny pack in a different car and had to wait around for the car to show up! That should’ve been a really scary and dramatic moment. But instead, they just patiently waited for their fanny pack to show up and retrieved it when Jeff & Jackie got there. I don’t know how you could make a moment like that boring, but somehow Laura & Tyler found a way.
They actually struggled for a couple of legs here, nearly getting eliminated in Germany and Monaco. Yet for some reason, they still had the gall to call Mike & Rochelle a weak team. At least at that point, Mike & Rochelle had a leg win and were racing consistently better than Laura & Tyler :kissbye:. Unfortunately, Laura & Tyler do pick up the pace and start racing better, getting two leg wins in a row.
Around Peru, Laura & Tyler’s snark comes out in full force. They plan Laura’s birthday party and decide they want to spend it with everyone besides Hayley & Blair. Idk what they ever did to Laura & Tyler, but f*ck you then :kissbye:. Luckily, while Laura & Tyler are doing birthday shots, Hayley & Blair are busy buying better tickets to Peru :wub:. I will admit, Laura & Tyler showing up to the airport, drunk, realizing they accidentally put themselves on the last flight was kinda hilarious :dead:. Though it would’ve been funnier if they got eliminated. Laura & Tyler continued to spend a lot of time hoping Hayley & Blair would lose despite the fact that I can’t remember a single interaction Hayley & Blair ever had with Laura & Tyler, nor can I remember Hayley & Blair ever even TALKING about Laura & Tyler. Their obsession was very weird. Sadly, Laura & Tyler got their way and not only did Hayley & Blair not win, but Laura & Tyler won :/. Such a depressing end to the season.
I feel like I might be too harsh on Laura & Tyler, but I really do think they’re that bad. They’re the snarky team who’s not witty at all and just hates on superior teams. They’re generally very chilled out and boring. They don’t have a discernible storyline nor do they provide any real moments. Just an all around lame team, and I think I’ve convinced myself they absolutely do deserve the low ranking.

O-Town

entertainment-2014-08-o-town-main.jpg

I just noticed Making The Band has been left alone this entire time by all of us so I guess I'll make the first cut from that show and admittedly I don't remember much of this show at all besides Danity Kane so I just went for the band I think I would like the least and try to hope they don't have any stans but I have no idea who they are so I don't think it is a big loss or anything. I'll see how others react to it though. Anyway O-Town is an American boy band who won Making the Band during season one. I see they tried to make the next NSYNC/Backstreet Boys and failed. Lol 

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

Marlisa was super underwhelming the majority of the season.  She got better as it went on but it always should have been Reigan.

She did give us this though, so I can appreciate the one performance.

This was a great performance from Marlisa. :yes: I enjoyed some others from her as well, but yeah this was her standout.

I had Laura & Tyler on my shortlist of cuts but knew Alex would do a much better job at doing a write-up for them. :haha: I'm okay with their cut. They were a fine team and strong competitors. I never had strong feelings for them. Only Hayley & Blair mattered that season. 😘 Oh and Jackie too.  

Oooh I don't think I expected O-Town to be the first out from Making The Band, but don't mind it. They were the first band created from that show + a season away from Diddy, so that was cool on them. They did have a good song in "All Or Nothing" and a fun guilty pleasure in "Liquid Dreams" - but they didn't really have the same success of other boy bands from that era. Good on them making it to this point.

Seth Aaron Henderson (Project Runway: All Stars (season 3))

ghows-LK-da88b66e-7812-4d4d-aafb-168fc9d

I have never watched a full episode of Project Runway in my life so doing this write-up should be a lot of fun! :dead: I did see short clips over the years. All I really know about this show is that Heidi Klum was on it and I know Christian Siriano, who is a big well known fashion designer, won an earlier season of the show. Without looking, I want to say Season 4?

Anyway, I noticed that Seth Aaron Henderson won this series twice and he's got two entries so I think it's time for one of them to go. I did get an okay from Derek that he would be a good choice to go next, so hopefully other fans of the show is okay about that too. But yeah, Seth Aaron Henderson, won Project Runway: All Stars (season 3) in 2014, and that is what this write-up will focus on. Seth also won the 7th season Project Runway in 2010. Seth became the first person to win the regular edition and All-Stars season of the series, which is really cool.

Seth seemed to have a decently/good run on the series. From the Designer Elimination Table, he earned two high placements on Episodes 1 & 7, two low placements on Episodes 5 & 6 and a win on Episode 9. I'm seeing that Seth did get some good support from the Fan Vote Table with 4 high placements and a low placement. 

From what I'm seeing, his track record doesn't look quite the best and I'm not sure he was the most worthy winner. Looks like Elena, who came in 3rd, would have been the best winner as she got multiple high placements and a win. Even Korto had two wins. I don't know what any of this means but he won in the end! And he became the first person to win two seasons of this show so well done to Seth Aaron on this. I'll post a video of his designs he created that won him the show from the finale below.

MOV_TaraJeanwins.jpg?itok=Ap3La85e
Tara-Jean Popowich

Tara-Jean is the winner of the second season of So You Think You Can Dance Canada. It’s so secret that I think Tara-Jean is basic and is one of my least favourite winners across the entire Think You Can Dance franchise. Jayme Rae deserved the win that season and the fact that she only placed third is a joke. Maybe the reason I find Tara-Jean to be boring is the fact that Jayme Rae had a huge personality when he danced and that’s something that Tara-Jean lacked. Especially in comparison to Queen Dailey. Tara-Jean had a pretty average run throughout the season and I struggled to enjoy most of the routines she was in because I get bored easily. She just never captured my attention for very long and I forget about her instantly after I’ve watched anything she’s been in. My favourite dance of hers was probably her House routine by Sho-Tyme. It was just a lot of dancing on the spot with virtually zero interaction but that song was huge at the time and did wonders for this routine. I don’t think she has a chance of winning this rankdown or making it much further so I’m good with her placing here. 

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, *Wallace said:

From what I'm seeing, his track record doesn't look quite the best and I'm not sure he was the most worthy winner. Looks like Elena, who came in 3rd, would have been the best winner as she got multiple high placements and a win. Even Korto had two wins.

Project Runway in general had some issues with sexism... male designers seemed to fare better by default. The All Stars judges were different than the regular season, and were even WORSE with sexism.

Does any of this have to do with the fact that the show was a Harvey Weinstein production and his (now ex) wife was one of the main judges for All Stars??? Hmmmmmmm. Did they mysteriously stop filming new seasons of this show after Harvey was arrested??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrogLenzen said:

Project Runway in general had some issues with sexism... male designers seemed to fare better by default. The All Stars judges were different than the regular season, and were even WORSE with sexism.

Does any of this have to do with the fact that the show was a Harvey Weinstein production and his (now ex) wife was one of the main judges for All Stars??? Hmmmmmmm. Did they mysteriously stop filming new seasons of this show after Harvey was arrested??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ah wow I didn't know about that but grrr wow this all sounds really messed up and unfair. :/ :ermm: I do feel like I see a lot more male winners here from looking at their winners. And also wow did not know about the last part..... that is alll yikes there. >.<

• Solaris changed the title to Reality Champion Rankdown