Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

Ryan Malcolm

Canadian Idol Ryan Malcolm, looks back 15 years | Quinte News

I wanted to cut from Canadian Idol next and decided on Ryan. So I suppose Brian Melo lives to see another day.  Ryan was the inaugural winner of Canadian Idol.  Ryan was not my favorite throughout the season.  I was team Audrey and Billy but neither of them made the finals.  Ryan's strength laid with her song choices.  He picked popular songs that Canadian's love.  Every song he sang, I knew and I think that resonated with Canadian's.  He was only in the bottom during the Top 5 week where he didn't shine with his Elton John song Believe.  It was his worst performance on the show.  After that Canada rallied behind him and he beat Gary in the Top 2. 

• Like 1

Ooh #bless at the Jake Hoot and Ryan Malcolm cuts!

I didn't care for Jake Hoot at all, so a good cut. I will say, it's nice that he got Kelly a win and prevented Blake from winning there (although I probably preferred his top runner that season, I can't remember. :dead: ) And it's nice how Kelly has helped him out with his career... so there's those things, at least. :haha: 

Ryan Malcolm was the only Canadian Idol winner I didn't really like or love, so I had him in mind to cut soon. But I'm glad Sola did so first! :giggle:

challenge-1-2000.jpg
Team UK (Chris "CT", Dee, Jordan & Rogan"

My first cut from The Challenge and this one is long overdue. I’m surprised you guys let these slip by when most of them have had their problematic moments but I can do the job. The above people won War of the Worlds 2 and they did a pretty decent job throughout. I do think that three of them have been on blast at least once for their behaviour on and off the show and that’s what I’m basing this cut on. I don’t like CT anyway.. I find him to be far too arrogant to be likeable but he’s probably the least problematic out of the four? Dee made problematic comments around the Black Lives Matter movement insisting she wasn’t racist because she’s had sex with a person of colour. Not okay, Dee. So MTV cancelled her and she hasn’t returned to the show since. Rogan has shown that he has zero respect for women and is one of the least deserving winners from the show. He treat Dee like a piece of shit and played mind games throughout two seasons. Not fantastic when you’re going to be watched by people on television. Jordan has been shown to be controlling and aggressive to his then girlfriend, Tori. I do think Jordan is just overly emotional sometimes but can’t deny the way he spoke to her sometimes wasn’t great. He is a fantastic contestant and has proved his worth even with his disability. As a whole - this team wasn’t it. They can go! 

Edited by Zoey

Will Kirby: Big Brother 2 (US)

Who is Will Kirby dating? Will Kirby girlfriend, wife

Will is widely considered to be one of the greatest strategic players in Big Brother history, but he's extremely overrated. Since he was the first to win in a season where the players had control over who was evicted, it stands to reason that the producers would trump him up to be something special, and that all the fans and critics would repeat their story for years afterwards. In BB2, the houseguests were using the strategy whereby they would nominate a popular houseguest alongside the person they wanted to target to ensure that their intended target would be the one evicted. Will was repeatedly used as a pawn in this manner, and it really did seem as if the "problem" houseguests were eliminated first, leaving a handful of well-behaved individuals at the end. Will had a devilish streak, but he was more well-liked than most of his unruly cohorts, and at the last minute, when he should've been the next evicted, he won HOH, and turned the tables on the "good guys." Monica saw her chance, and got Hardy out, and then Nicole evicted her in turn, leaving Will as the only viable option. Both as a strategic player and as a person, Will was fine, but I find him overrated, and I am tired of his over the top clown shows with Mike Boogie.

• Confused 5

40 minutes ago, Solaris said:

We're gonna have no bb or survivor winners left in the top 200 if qorey keeps going at this rate 

Seriously. I really worry about the Survivors and Big Brother winners with how many of them have been cut so far.... when we haven't even reached the Top 500 yet. :( There's still shows with plenty of other contestants from lesser watched/known shows remaining.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/16/2022 at 4:17 AM, Qorey said:

I was excited to play for Survivor, Big Brother, and The Apprentice, but have not seen the other shows. The entire first half of the game for me would consist of 100 word writeups on people I've never heard of. I don't think I'm cut out for it, unfortunately.

On 8/27/2022 at 6:45 AM, Qorey said:

I am a little bit alarmed at the trend of researching on reddit to decide on the next cut. Can you imagine if, back in 2008, someone had posted a few comments about Janelle being overrated, and a few other people agreed, and now someone on here who never watched Big Brother was trying to decide on a cut?

well he likes Janelle at least

Jermain Jackman

ab67616d0000b273b4a80772455c5663ab2971e2

Jermain Jackman is a singer and political activist from Hackney, London who won the third series of The Voice UK. His debut album, Jermain Jackman, was released in March 2015. He was the first male to win the competition. Jermain was given a £100,000 record contract. His cover of "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" reached #39 on the UK iTunes chart, but finished the week at only #75 in the charts. The songs he performed were "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" at his blind audition, "I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me)" at the battle rounds, "A House Is Not A Home" at the knockout round, "Treasure" for Week 1, "Without You" for Week 2, and "Wrecking Ball", "Pure Imagination", and "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going" again at the finale.

Bananas & Camila

c64832fb9a96f5b6179acba8aa3baa1c.jpg

Welp I already cut Camila individually and I would've cut Bananas individually if @*Wallace didn't rightfully beat me to the punch, so might as well cut them as a pair now. Bananas & Camila were the winners of Battle of the Exes. One of the most beloved series' in the franchise I've noticed from reading about it, but personally not one of my favorites. I just found the cast to be rather weak overall and I couldn't find many favorites amongst it. One of the most threatening pairs going into the season was absolutely Bananas & Camila. Bananas had already established himself as a Challenge legend at this point with three wins under his belt, including one from Rivals the previous season. Camila was still a bit of a new girl on the block at this was only her third season, but after her impressive showing on Cutthroat, everyone knew Camila was not one to be messed with. The two of them had a brief hookup during Cutthroat, so that established them enough as "exes" to be paired for this season.

This was Bananas first time in the post-Kenny & Evan era. Kenny & Evan got banned after Rivals following the Tonya lawsuit so it was time for Bananas to sink or swim on his own. I suppose he swam, but I wasn't overly impressed. Like I said, the cast was extremely weak and CT & Diem were his only serious competition. Along with that, he allegedly had Mark Long doing his bidding, with a promise that Mark would get some of the prize money if Bananas won. Thanks to some poor political decisions by CT & Diem towards the end and then Mark throwing the final elimination to Bananas, he does make it to the finals, and goes on to win the season due to CT's weakest finals performance ever due to the cold environment and the fact that he was chain-smoking in that house daily. This was probably one of Bananas' more lowkey seasons. He was threatened by the only girl/girl team in Rachel & Aneesa because Rachel dared to target him like six years ago on The Island (an act he called "the lowest anyone could go" which is just too absurd for me to even address). Of course I hated Bananas as I always do. He's not funny, he was smug as always, he still showed off his sexist qualities that made me hate him in the first place, and he's just generally not a good character.

Camila was definitely the main character of this pairing, and arguably the season. This is when The Challenge really invests into making Camila a star (only for her to fumble the bag years later on Dirty 30, which I've already addressed ages ago when I cut her). When you think of Camila before her racist meltdown, you think about her drunken meltdown where she walks into a pool and screams at Bananas that he's gonna die. While I think Dirty 30 has become Camila's most infamous season, when I think of who Camila is I think of this season. Her meltdowns are grandiose. Her verbiage is chilling. Her competitive nature is still second to none. She is just a beast. But if you want to see more of racist Camila don't you worry. She helps Emily don blackface this season to play a practical joke on her partner Ty. Emily grew up in a cult so you can almost excuse her, but what's Camila's excuse? She didn't grow up in a cult. While Emily did seem to learn from the experience and grow when she was called out, Camila proved years later that she learned nothing from the experience. They're both trash, they both can go here. Sicking that they're ranked lower than Dr. Will.

• Like 1

Nicole Franzel

Eldsh2g-Vk-AAvt-XV-format-jpg-name-large

If we want to cut Big Brother winners there are a lot of better choices than Will LMAO so let me help you out here and take out an actual deserving winner to be cut at this point of the game. Nicole Franzel won season 18 of Big Brother. She became the first female to defeat a male in the final 2.  Sucks that accolade has to go to such a shitty human being but I guess I'll say it in her write up because she did have that accomplishment. She is an unlikable whiney awful person. I am not just saying that as a Janelle fan, I am saying that as a decent person. I can't believe the opportunities she continues to be given, BYE NOW.

• Like 2

Nicole deserved to win for her snake game.  She has some impressive records, and I find it funny that she probably wins against Cody in All-Stars.  But like, she's annoying and hates women.  So we don't need that.

2 hours ago, Solaris said:

We're gonna have no bb or survivor winners left in the top 200 if qorey keeps going at this rate 

Seems that’s the only shows that he watches.

Lmaoo I can't believe how long we kept in Bananas & Camilla as a pair. :dead: 

Oooh Nicole was certainly a frustrating on Big Brother. She was pretty likable/rootable on S16.... and then the other two seasons happened. 🙈 A better cut than Will, at least.

6 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Nicole Franzel

Eldsh2g-Vk-AAvt-XV-format-jpg-name-large

If we want to cut Big Brother winners there are a lot of better choices than Will LMAO so let me help you out here and take out an actual deserving winner to be cut at this point of the game. Nicole Franzel won season 18 of Big Brother. She became the first female to defeat a male in the final 2.  Sucks that accolade has to go to such a shitty human being but I guess I'll say it in her write up because she did have that accomplishment. She is an unlikable whiney awful person. I am not just saying that as a Janelle fan, I am saying that as a decent person. I can't believe the opportunities she continues to be given, BYE NOW.

Be careful, it might not have been in the preferred order of someone. 

Paddy Doherty

618w_cbb_2011_final_paddy.jpg?resize=480

It's time for me to cut another boring Big Brother UK winner and this time, I have chosen to cut Paddy Doherty. Paddy Doherty is an Irish Traveller, former bare-knuckle boxer, who won the 8th series of Celebrity Big Brother UK in September 2011. I believe this was the 2nd Celebrity Big Brother UK series I've ever watched as the first one I think I caught onto it a little late or well missed some earlier episodes/wasn't as into it. But I was with this series. Uhhh I do not remember much about Paddy, but I feel like he was someone that barely did anything interesting. He seemed to be treated as a ~national treasure~ which I did not get. I felt that Paddy was outshone by more entertaining or memorable housemates like Kerry Katona, Jedward, Amy Childs, Lucien Laviscount and Tara Reid but he somehow won over them. Perry was also the oldest of the housemates at 52 and it's also interesting to note how the older women at 41 and 47 were the first two eliminated yet the oldest man won. Paddy did seem well liked amongst the cast as he never got any nominations for eviction.

I did look over some videos to refresh my memory of Paddy. There was a bad moment where he said he wanted to drown Jedward, which I thought was gross and uncalled for. I'm sure he said it as a ~joke, but it definitely had some truth to it. I know Jedward annoys the housemates on both of their seasons but still, it was eek. He did have some fun moments on the show, which you can see on his Best Bits clip. But nothing is really standing out to me from his time on the show. Overall, Paddy just didn't do much for me and I preferred the other housemates I named from his series above.

6 hours ago, Solaris said:

I can appreciate eliminating not great winners of the shows that have 20+ winners, but going after huge winners instead hurts a little.

Will was not that great of a winner. You've all been brainwashed by the hype.

• Confused 3

• Solaris changed the title to Reality Champion Rankdown