Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

Stevie McCrorie

Stream Stevie McCrorie Performs "All I Want" - The Voice UK 2015- The Live  Final by Umair K. Khan | Listen online for free on SoundCloud

I've been going back and forth on who to cut next, and I think I am going to repeat a show I have already cut from.  As I stated earlier the UK version of the voice has the most unimpressive set of winners maybe ever. Today's elimination is the fourth season winner Stevie McCrorie.  

Stevie McCrorie is a pop/pop-rock singers from Scotland.  He auditioned in the blinds with All I Want by Kodaline.  He received a 4 chair turn, and I did like the performance.  But the tone of his voice did nothing for me and that was a consistent thing throughout his time. He ultimately chose Ricky Wilson has his coach.

We next saw him in a battle against Tim Arnold to Imagine Dragon's Demons.  He did justly beat him.  He then performed in the Knock Outs which had a really interesting format this season.  All 8 of the contestants performed back to back and then the judges advanced the three they want.  He performed I Still Haven't Found What I am Looking For.  I do love this song, but his try-hard voice ruined this performance for me. and it felt very forced.

Then the Lives happened and he received the fast past from his team and got a spot in the semifinals.In the semifinals he sang Leona's Bleeding Love and well as you can tell he advanced to the final. This time he ruined a great song by changing the arrangement and well signing with his same angsty and strained upper register. His finale consisted of a duet with his coach to the Beatles Get Back, a solo to I'll Stand By You and a reprise of his audition All I Want.  I figured he was going to lose and was hoping Lucy O'Bryne was going to take it, since she was infinitely more interesting with her operatic stylings.  Alas the UK let me down again and Stevie was crowned.

WILL & JAMES

8bb7068343d68e6e214352d29f922d02.jpg

Will & James won the 32nd season of The Amazing Race. This was not an enjoyable season to watch, largely because of the alliance that dominated the race. We're used to seeing alliances steamroll the game on Survivor and Big Brother. We don't usually see this on The Amazing Race, but that's what happened this season. Will & James formed the Mine Five alliance, and all five teams helped each other throughout the race to become the Final 5 of the race. As a result, this was a very boring and predictable season of The Amazing Race. Will & James were very strategic racers. They would U-Turn teams and later persuade Kaylynn & Haley to Yield Leo & Alana (a team Will & James U-Turned previously). They were also kind of hypocritical too, which I found annoying. They U-Turned Leo & Alana early in the race because they were sharing answers with another team, but Will & James would later share a lot of information with other teams themselves and expect information to be given back in return. Their strategy didn't make much sense either as they went out of their way to keep stronger racers in the game and get rid of the weaker teams. It ended up working out for them though. They crossed the Finish Line first and claimed the $1 million prize. Will also proposed to James at the Finish Line. Anyway, sorry to any fans, but out they go from the rankdown.

intro-1600287200.jpg
Brittani Kline

Brittani Kline was the winner of the sixteenth cycle of America’s Next Top Model. I didn’t expect myself to cut another model from this show but I’ve seen her immunity had expired and I’m making my move. Brittani was a horrible person throughout the cycle and I absolutely despised her whilst her cycle was airing. Her treatment of Alexandria was terrible and unwarranted. You can say it was the edit and that certain models have since made their cases after the show but there was a core group of people who went against one person and made her feel terrible. Brittani was that ring leader and she showed that throughout many episodes. I can’t even raise the defence that she was entertaining because I still find her ghastly. She came across as a spoilt, bratty, horrible person and I will always be #TeamAlexandria because of it. I don’t think she deserved the win and I wouldn’t have given Molly it either. Tyra goes on a rampage every year about role models and neither received that edit or showed they could inspire anyone. Brittani came across as a bully and doesn’t deserve to make it this far in to the rankdown. She’s repulsive.

aa3efd9e492066134ec55429d054bdbd.gif

Sundance Head was someone that I was familiar with, prior to his appearance on The Voice - like many of us around here, I remember Sundance for his time on American Idol's 6th season where he was able to make it all the way to the Top 16 after delivering mediocre performances. After being a struggling artist since Idol, he ends up auditioning for the 11th season of The Voice - he was promoting himself as a country soul singer, similar to Chris Stapleton who was the big country singer at the time. He ended up on Team Blake, where just like his time on Idol, he delivered mediocre performances after mediocre performances - he truly benefited from being part of Team Blake, like many of the contestants.  Honestly, none of his performances really impressed me but he did managed to win the public over by pandering to the public with country songs or songs sung by a female to be seen as ~*original*~.   And he should not have won that season as they were better singers on the same season as him.  In other words, he won by being mediocre and truly set a precedent for future winners that you don't need to do a lot to win if you are on Team Blake.

Kendra Todd: The Apprentice (Season 3)

KendraToddByPhilKonstantin.jpg

You would never have guessed at the time that it would be Kendra who ended up as the Apprentice in Season 3, such was her ability to blend into the surroundings and go unnoticed among her peers. In retrospect, however, there are clues in the very first episode that Trump had already chosen her, and that the rest of the candidates would continue jumping through hoops for the rest of the season, awaiting their inevitable demise. Kendra played the role of the clever little mouse who sneaked in undetected and, while the bigger personalities battled it out, subtly amassed enough credit to win the game. The reason I am cutting her, I guess, is because I didn't like the way she was in everyone's face about everything. Being quiet and relatively small, it appeared innocent enough, but it was really kind of creepy how she got away with so many things that the others wouldn't have. That, and the dice seemed to be loaded in her favor right from the start.

Hmm overall, I'm fine with the Brittani cut. I really liked her modeling, but her personality really wasn't my favorite.

I will never get over how Sundance Head was an Idol Top 16 finalist and yet he won The Voice years later. :dead:  But I totally agree with Tom that Ali & Billy would have been better winners, as they were my Top 2 that season. I also spotted no lies in Chris' write-up. Good cut though.

Rick Uribe

Ricke-Uribe-Skin-Wars-interview2.jpg

Rick Uribe is a painter, tattoo artist, and muralist that is from Mexico. He won the third season of Game Show Network's Skin Wars. His nickname is Enks. Rick is the youngest artist and only male to win on Skin Wars. A mural and body paint piece he created titled "The Jungle" brought Skin Wars judge RuPaul to tears. He won $100,000, an all expense paid trip for two to the prestigious World Body Painting Festival in Austria, and a custom made stencil line from Bad A* Stencils with his name on it. I don't think he is a bad artist, but he is my least favorite of the three winners.

Lee DeWyze

106222-lee_dewyze_american_idol_617_409.

I've had a long day and I'm very tired so I figured the easiest way to still over perform with my writeup with no effort is by cutting someone I've done a writeup for in the past. Since neither Elliott nor Andrew is playing this game, Lee should be a safe cut. Lee was the winner of Idol's original mediocre season, season nine. Last time I revisited his journey was two years ago when Elliott managed to push him into the finals of the last Idol Rankdown and he still managed to get 24th place despite the number one ranking. My thoughts haven't changed on him one iota. I still find Lee to be a below average singer when it comes to singing in pitch. I still find Lee to be painfully uncharismatic. I still find Lee's song choices to be generally uninspiring. For some more detailed thoughts from me on Lee's Idol journey feel free to click here for my 24th place ranking of him in the last rankdown.

Damian McGinty Jr.

Damian-Mc-Ginty.jpg

Someone explain to me how the Glee Project is still here? I was glad to see Blake go because he is trash but Samuel Larsen and Damian McGinty Jr. need to go too so I will use one of my cuts to do so. Lindsay Pearce and Alex Newell were right THERE and they still chose these two... I will never ever understand. Well I could guess they didn't want Lindsay to try to outshine their precious Lea Michele but based on talent she should of won anyway back to Damian, he didn't deserve to win the Glee Project and he certainly did not leave a lasting impact on Glee so easy cut for the day.

Edited by *Diana

Yeah, The Glee Project really messed up with its winner selections. Damian and Samuel were okay, but the runners-up were miles better. I think Cameron was clearly the one Ryan Murphy wanted so he had to scramble to figure out plan b after Cameron quit…and he went with the wrong two there.

Oh well, at least Lindsay’s thriving now. I love the full-circle moment of her singing Defying Gravity on TGP and then going on to play Elphaba in the Broadway production of Wicked. :wub: 

Gemma Sanderson (Australia's Next Top Model - Cycle 1)

9 Gemma Sanderson ideas | sanderson, model, model blogGemma Sanderson Height, Weight, Age, Birthday, Ethnicity, Religion,  Biography, Body Measurements, Shoe size, Dr… | Australian models, Fashion  models, Next top model

I mentioned this before, but watching AusNTM Cycle 1 for the first time after binging all the cycles of ANTM was very jarring. The pacing of the Aussie show was TOTALLY different. The tone was totally different. It wasn't as focused on the typical reality TV drama. The models were shown topless in the house without censoring. gasp! American TV could never. It was still interesting but AusNTM definitely didn't hit its stride until Cycle 3. Gemma was the winner and was the prototype of the conventionally pretty symmetrical white girl winner that we would see a couple of other times later (but done way better later). What do I remember about Gemma? Not her photos. But that she was whiny. Good god was she whiny the whole season. I thought she was a fodder contestant but she ended up surviving every week and the magically was the winner at the end. I guess I was rooting for Shannon instead, a rare WOC contestant in an Australian show. Shannon later became the first indigenous woman signed to her model agency. Shannon had a more unique look, and, more importantly, wasn't whiny.

I'm actually quite surprised that Lee DeWyze managed to make it this far in the game. :dead: No complaints on his cut. I had him in mind but he wasn't one of my top targets... but totally fine with the cut.

Diana coming through with another potential cut of mine! :wub: I mainly thought about cutting Damian as I would have preferred Samuel to be the last one standing for The Glee Project. Not that Samuel is anything outstanding, but I did remember liking his voice. :haha: I do feel like Damian was the least impactful/memorable Glee character of the 3 Glee Project winners as well?

On 8/22/2022 at 11:27 PM, Solaris said:

Melissa Juratowitch

THUMBNAIL.jpg

I was torn between cutting someone awful and someone I don't know.  I decided to yet again go with someone I didn't know.  This time it just so happens to be Australia's Next Top Model season 8 winner Melissa Juratowitch.  How did I choose who to eliminate?  I looked through the Australian Top Model photos and picked the model that was one that I thought had it the least.  Melissa is very fresh faced, and looks incredibly young.  Looking now she was 16 years old when she won the season, does that make her the youngest Top Model winner ever?  Either way her photos are nice, I don't find them particularily striking though.  She won in the bottom 2 3 times throughout the season and had First call out twice in a row near the middle of the competition.  She would eventually defeat runner-up Shanali Martin who had a better track record with mor FCO and less bottom 2 appearances.  Here are some of Melissa's Top Model photos.

ANTMPORT-01.jpg

it just dawned on me that this write-up doesn't mention legendary icon Duckie Thot whatsoever

Mindy Hall

s-l400.jpg

With participating in this game, I was shocked to learn there was a 4th season of I Love Money. For those of you that may not know this show, this was a fun competition show that featured cast members from various VH1 reality shows like Flavor of Love, Charm School, I Love New York, Rock of Love, Real Chance of Love, For the Love of Ray J, Daisy of Love and Megan Wants a Millionaire. I feel like it was kind of like VH1's answer to The Challenge. I watched and really enjoyed the first two seasons of this show and then the 3rd season was cancelled. The reason that Season 3 was cancelled was because one of the contestants, Ryan Jenkins', was involved in the murder of Jasmine Fiore and then he committed suicide. The network didn't want to show anything with Ryan's involvement.  I thought the series was cancelled because of that and not just that season.

But I find out a few weeks ago that there was a 4th season, which was won by Mindy Hall. 😮 Mindy was originally a contestant on the 3rd season of Rock of Love Bus with Bret Michaels, which was kind of a fun show but honestly, I was never into that show like I was with Flavor of Love or I Love New York. So I don't really remember Mindy on either of these shows. But I'd rather her go first as I really like or love Hoopz and Myammee, the other I Love Money winners, and would rather they place higher. Looking over Mindy's stats, it's kind of surprising seeing how she won but maybe she was an underdog? She only won one competition in Episode 2, but she landed in the Bottom 3 FIVE times - on Episodes 3, 6, 9, 10 and the first part of 12. But yeah, I don't really remember Mindy from the Of Love or I Love Money franchise, but she's gorgeous and well done to her making it this far.

DANE RUPERT

15789250_web1_190306-KCN-Dane-rupert.jpg

Dane Rupert is the winner of Big Brother Canada Season 7. He was in probably one of the most dominant alliances of BB Canada, dubbed "The Pretty Boys", it involved Adam, Anthony, Mark & Dane. To be honest, the only "pretty boy" of Season 7 was Damien :giggle:. So that alliance name was certainly something, but anyway they dominated their season and honestly made it unbearable for me to watch, that, in fact I stopped watching this season after Kiera was evicted and just kept up to date with the wikipedia page to see who won HOH/POV and was evicted. It's one of the only seasons of BBCan that I didn't finish nor do I plan on finishing! It just wasn't entertaining to me. Dane however did win a whopping 5 HOH's and got out Maki, Chelsea, Damien, Adam & Kyra on those 5 HOH's. He also won 2 POV's. He was in a showmance with Estefania Hoyos if I remember correctly. Oh, Estefania, what a disappointment she was this season, I remember having such high hopes for her cause she reminded me of Natalie Negrotti. Anyway, Dane won by a vote of 7-0 against Anthony Douglas. Which was pretty expected despite Anthony making it to the end unnominated until F3, he was pretty useless in contributing to the alliance as he only won 1 POV. So yeah, he may have been more strategically involved and I just don't know about it but the stats are not in his favour with being able to win comps. So yeah, goodbye from this Rankdown, Dane Rupert.

Edited by jarmon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, *Chris said:

I’d have Sam leave before Damian but each their own! 

2 hours ago, jarmon said:

wait i'm confused...what is this in relation to?

2 hours ago, jarmon said:

OH LMAO. I was so confused because there's also Sam & Damien in BBCan and I was like I only mentioned Damien :dead:

LMAOO I was thinking the same thing and got confused on who Sam was as I was also thinking BBCAN. :dead: Even when I was the one that said I was pleased with Samuel outlasting Damian regarding The Glee Project. :dead: 

• Haha 1

• Solaris changed the title to Reality Champion Rankdown