Reality Champion Rankdown

Solaris

Oops, I wasn't expecting so many reactions to the Isaiah cut. I'm sorry y'all. ūüôą¬†I didn't know he was so well liked? I thought he was one of the better ones of a weak season.

1 hour ago, jarmon said:

you can stay mad that the "pretty boy" is out 

Who is this referring to? Reece?¬† ūüėģ¬†

Lucy Benjamin

Lucy_Benjamin_at_the_BAFTA's.jpg

Lucy Benjamin is an English actress who won the only season of X Factor: Battle of the Stars. It aired for a week in 2006 and Lucy was part of the over 25s category. She was mentored by Louis Walsh (hey at least he won something other than the second season of X Factor with Shayne Ward). It aired for a week in 2006 with 10 contestant whittled down to four in the finale, with Lucy winning. Lucy sang such songs as "If I Ain't Got You", "Put Your Records On", "Call Me", and "Last Dance". I have watched a few of her performances and she doesn't seem to be much of a singer, plus she's outlasted a couple of the regular X Factor UK winners, so out she goes. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Samuel Johnson

1368ea0fdef5d08990b934084a0c26ba-329793.

Samuel Joseph Johnson is an actor, radio presenter, voiceover artist, and philanthropist. He is known for his roles as Evan Wylde in the television series The Secret Life of Us, Leon Broznic in Rush, Toby Kirby in After the Deluge, and Molly Meldrum in the miniseries Molly. His first film role was in Angel Baby. He was also in a movie called Crackerjack. Samuel was on the sixteenth series of Dancing with the Stars Australia and his partner was Jorja Freeman. His lowest score was a 17 for both his Rumba and Samba. His highest score was a 29 for his Jazz and Freestyle. Samuel raised $50,000 in prize money for his charity, Love Your Sister.

Gary Busey

1408719730249_Image_galleryImage_Mandato

I remember just around the time this game was starting, Gary Busey got arrested for sexual offenses and harassment at a Comic Con so I figured he would be an easy cut early on. We all clearly just didn't know about it or forgot about it (I know I did :ph34rwave:) but I remembered about it now as I scrolled down the list of who's remaining so I'm cutting him here. Gary Busey is...an interesting one. Obviously he's lived a rather tragic life. He rose to prominence with his Academy Award nominated role in the Buddy Holly story. However, he also dealt with drug addiction all his life and was in a terrible motorcycle accident which resulted in severe brain damage. That should've been the end of Gary's life in the public eye, but instead his agents trotted him from reality show to reality show such as Celebrity Fit Club, Celebrity Paranormal Project, Celebrity Rehab, Dancing with the Stars, Celebrity Apprentice, and Celebrity Big Brother in the UK which he went on to win.

Gary Busey was on the 14th series of Celebrity Big Brother and was pretty much the runaway favorite the entire time and I'm not sure why. Gary was a very main character on the show since, as I'm sure most of you can guess, he was an absolute nightmare to live with. He snored very loudly, he had no social grace, he would sit bare assed on countertop chairs in the kitchen, he sent even the sanest of celebrities into a histrionic meltdown just by being in the same room as him for more than five minutes. These antics could lead to an early eviction from the British public if he were, say, a woman of color. However, he's an elderly white man with severe brain damage who has survived multiple(?) drug overdoses. He very quickly became a sympathetic figure for the British public. If someone (spoiler alert, EVERYONE did) lost their shit on Gary, they were automatically in the wrong. Now, I think the fairest treatment of Gary is probably somewhere in the middle. Yes, someone like Stephanie Pratt had zero patience for Gary and the way she treated him was damn near elder abuse. But on the other hand...he sat bare assed on countertop chairs in the kitchen. I challenge any sane human being not to turn into Leslie Jordan within a week of living in the CBB14 house.

Despite being a huge character on the show, I don't really think of Gary when I think of the series. I think of Leslie Jordan and Frenchy Morgan nearly murdering each other five days into the show. I think of Edele Lynch's morph from one of the sanest housemates to a complete basketcase after 26 days in one of the most volatile Celebrity Big Brother houses I have ever seen. I think of Kellie Maloney slithering around the house ordering a hit on anyone who looked at her the wrong way like a mob boss. I unfortunately think of James Jordan and his douchebag antics as he ran the house with an iron fist. Gary Busey is a very secondary thought for me this series, probably because he delivered pretty much exactly how I expected him to deliver. He made loud noises, he rambled on about his various rehab programs he went through, he was treated unfairly by the other housemates, he was also rarely on his best behavior and probably deserved to be told off every once in a while. I was rooting for Audley Harrison in the finals, but I was ok with a Gary win just because I was on #TeamAnyoneButJames. Not one of my favorite CBB winners, but also not one of my least favorites. However, between his Trump support and his recent sexual harassment charges, he is definitely a fair cut at this point in the game.

Ariel Contreras-Fox
hells-kitchen-winners-Ariel-Contreras-Fo

I guess I'll keep with my theme of cutting from cooking shows with my cut tonight which I'll go back to Hells Kitchen (never seen top Chef so I may need some suggestions before I cut from that show) lol anyway back to my cut for today it goes to Ariel from Hells Kitchen. She was a returning cook who came back from a previous season and won Hells Kitchen. Why am I cutting her? She is unlikable to me and irritating to watch. It wasn't fun for me to watch her winning that season so that is a pretty easy cut. There are better winners left than her.

Kita Mean (Drag Race Down Under - Season 1)

Sashay Away Drag Race GIF

Well I don't know why this gif is in the keyboard but it will work lol. First things first: everyone knows that Courtney Act should be the host of Drag Race Down Under. It is obvious. It is clear. It makes sense. I refuse to believe that RuPaul still holds a grudge against Courtney for anything because I can't imagine Ru even remembering things for that long. But for whatever reason RuPaul wanted to fly overseas to host this show even though Ru doesn't know anything about the local drag scene, the local pop culture, or the local race relations oop.

Before the official franchise, Kita Mean and her business partner, Anita Wigl'it hosted a televised New Zealand drag competition inspired by Drag Race. Anita and Kita were then both cast as contestants on the official Drag Race Down Under. They both were solid contestants, and Anita won Snatch Game. But Anita was inexplicably robbed later. I think I dislike the Down Under cast more than any other season of drag race. They were just so... underwhelming. And also, I despise when reality shows do a Top 4 finale when they started with only 10 contestants. STUPID. The Top 4 of Drag Race Down Under was the worst ever. Art Simone, Karen from Finance, and Scarlett Adams are all just awful in their own special ways. Scarlett was the clear frontrunner for the season (in the eyes of the judges). But it came out that Scarlett frequently performed in blackface which, um, what, yikes, help, make it stop. RuPaul pretended to discover this fact during the season and had a nice performative moment in an episode where she reprimanded Scarlett and Scarlett apologized. RuPaul clearly was looking for a nice redemption moment for her future winner. But fans looked into it and the evidence was not cute.

Thankfully, we now live in a day and age where drag race finales film multiple endings with every winner option so they don't have to officially choose a winner until the episode actually airs on television. Well in the meantime Scarlett doubled down on her racist antics and the entire fanbase basically revolted against her entirely and when the finale aired, Kita Mean was chosen as the winner. Which, THANK THE LORD. Scarlett was racist, and the others made me want to gouge out my eyes from how mediocre they were. Kita was the former host of the unofficial show, she was professional, she didn't have any super bad performances, there was no documentation of her doing blackface, etc. So the winner made sense and was fine. But it was the best of a bad situation and a bad season and I feel very comfortable letting her go now. I look forward to seeing her again in some sort of winner season or vs. the world season or whatever so we can see the winner glow-up. 

• Sad 1

Oooh I didn't know Lucy Benjamin nor watched that first celebrity The X Factor edition. Hmm yeah, she doesn't seem like much of a singer so I'm kinda surprised she won. But I'm guessing others weren't good singers against her? :haha: 

I had my eye on Samuel Johnson as a next cut for DWTSAU. I liked him but think he was quite inconsistent throughout his run. He had some great moments, then some bad moments.... then more great and bad moments and everything in between. An interesting journey for sure. But I don't think he should have won over Courtney Act. But he did have that underdog storyline so that helped too.

Ahh Gary Busey most certainly is an interesting one... and so conflicting. As always, Alex said everything perfectly about his time on CBB. There were times I felt bad for him and thought the housemates were harsh on him. But then other times, I thought he was a bit obscene and some comments towards him were fair. He did have some fun/silly moments in there too. But then the recent stuff about him was very disappointing to lean as well.

20 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Kita Mean (Drag Race Down Under - Season 1)

Sashay Away Drag Race GIF

Well I don't know why this gif is in the keyboard but it will work lol. First things first: everyone knows that Courtney Act should be the host of Drag Race Down Under. It is obvious. It is clear. It makes sense. I refuse to believe that RuPaul still holds a grudge against Courtney for anything because I can't imagine Ru even remembering things for that long. But for whatever reason RuPaul wanted to fly overseas to host this show even though Ru doesn't know anything about the local drag scene, the local pop culture, or the local race relations oop.

Before the official franchise, Kita Mean and her business partner, Anita Wigl'it hosted a televised New Zealand drag competition inspired by Drag Race. Anita and Kita were then both cast as contestants on the official Drag Race Down Under. They both were solid contestants, and Anita won Snatch Game. But Anita was inexplicably robbed later. I think I dislike the Down Under cast more than any other season of drag race. They were just so... underwhelming. And also, I despise when reality shows do a Top 4 finale when they started with only 10 contestants. STUPID. The Top 4 of Drag Race Down Under was the worst ever. Art Simone, Karen from Finance, and Scarlett Adams are all just awful in their own special ways. Scarlett was the clear frontrunner for the season (in the eyes of the judges). But it came out that Scarlett frequently performed in blackface which, um, what, yikes, help, make it stop. RuPaul pretended to discover this fact during the season and had a nice performative moment in an episode where she reprimanded Scarlett and Scarlett apologized. RuPaul clearly was looking for a nice redemption moment for her future winner. But fans looked into it and the evidence was not cute.

Thankfully, we now live in a day and age where drag race finales film multiple endings with every winner option so they don't have to officially choose a winner until the episode actually airs on television. Well in the meantime Scarlett doubled down on her racist antics and the entire fanbase basically revolted against her entirely and when the finale aired, Kita Mean was chosen as the winner. Which, THANK THE LORD. Scarlett was racist, and the others made me want to gouge out my eyes from how mediocre they were. Kita was the former host of the unofficial show, she was professional, she didn't have any super bad performances, there was no documentation of her doing blackface, etc. So the winner made sense and was fine. But it was the best of a bad situation and a bad season and I feel very comfortable letting her go now. I look forward to seeing her again in some sort of winner season or vs. the world season or whatever so we can see the winner glow-up. 

If Spankie Jackzon wins next week, I am retroactively adding her to this game.  :haha:

Nikki Ferrell

rs_1200x1200-210918092833-1200-Juan-Pabl

Phew, Poor Nikki Ferrell. Nikki ~won the 18th season of The Bachelor, whose lead Bachelor was Juan Pablo Galavis. Wow this casting and season as a whole was controversial as Juan Pablo Galavis seemed to come off as the most hated The Bachelor ~of all-time~. It was all a really insane and harsh time. He was really such a bad bachelor because he did come off cold and didn't seem to really connect that well or seriously with the bachelorettes of that season.  I can't remember the details too well on this season, as it happened back in 2014. I know Juan Pablo had a really rocky relationship with Clare. There was this ICONIC moment where Clare was a QUEEN way back then where she told Juan Pablo OFF. :clap: Juan said some pretty disrespectful stuff about how he enjoyed hooking up with her but not really in a romantic way? He was so heartless and condescending towards her and it was just ugh.

And this video shows a better job of all of the events in the finale with Juan Pablo, Clare and Nikki. 

Anyway, that leaves us with Nikki Ferrell. Somewhat of a fun fact, but I had considered cutting Nikki Ferrell for weeks.... maybe between one or two weeks but I always opted against her for someone else. Nikki was someone who I didn't really remember that well, but she was the other woman in the Final 2 with Clare. Juan Pablo let Clare go, which led to the above argument. Juan would then choose Nikki as his leading lady. And their chemistry was..... awkward and non-existent to me? I believe Nikki was falling in love or in love with Juan Pablo. But Juan, who seemed moreso into Clare, just told Nikki that "I like you... a lot. A lot." I mean it's totally understandable not to fall in love that quickly for some people on the show. But just something felt so awkward and inauthentic about this to me? Then on the live After show part of the show, after months of being together, Juan still doesn't tell or say that he loves Nikki. Anyway, I just felt so bad and awkward for Nikki in all of this. I felt she was treated like an afterthought and that she deserved better. This relationship did not last, in fact¬†they went to the show Couples Therapy. But they would then break up in October 2014. Wow they lasted longer than I thought so at least they tried to make it work? I guess? But better things came for Nikki as she is now married to her husband Tyler Vanloo and they are expecting their first child together. So Congrats to Nikki on moving onward and upwards. ūüėė¬†

TEYONA ANDERSON

tumblr_pb6cruv3qp1x8j52jo1_500.jpg

Teyona Anderson, also known as Asia Anderson, is an American fashion model. She was the winner of cycle 12 of ANTM in 2009. As an Allison stan, we already know that I wasn't very happy at all when Teyona won. Also, I was like 10 when this season was airing and I didn't even remember Teyona that much, I remembered Allison, Aminat & Celia very clearly but always didn't care much about Teyona. She just wasn't very interesting to me. That said, I remember her performance in the final runway when she was like posing with her hair and working it after it fell, I don't know if it was a wig or extensions so that's why I'm just saying hair lmao, but anyways it was iconic. She took some great photos though, no doubt about it! She had 3 FCO's which was pretty impressive but imo, Allison's photos were far better than anyone's of this cycle. I was looking at the list of ANTM winners left and it was Teyona that I was least attached to and decided to cut. Sorry to the Teyona fans. Her Powder photo though is without a doubt one of the Top 3 photos of that cycle, just phenomenal. I had to include that photo in this write-up because it's so damn flawless. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Andrea Begley

2020-02-25_lif_57226346_I1.JPG

Andrea Begley is is a singer-songwriter from Pomeroy, Northern Ireland and the winner of The Voice UK season 2. She is partially blind and was on Team Danny O'Donoghue. After being crowned the winner, she was signed to Capitol Records and recorded her debut album in London. Her winning single was a cover of "My Immortal" by Evanescence, and her debut studio album The Message was released on 21 October 2013, and has released a second album and toured with her aunt since then. She beat out the much superior Leah McFall, as well as Bronwen Lewis, a far superior Irish folk singer who didn't even get a chair turn; biggest travesty in the history of the Voice. Normally Andrea would be the kind of singer I'd like, but her performances were hollow and lacking in emotion, especially My Immortal, which I posted above. I feel she won more on story than talent, so out she goes. 

Edited by ~Tom~

Michelle McManus

Pop Idol's Michelle McManus looks unrecognisable 18 years after winning  show - Mirror Online

Michelle McManus also at the time known as the winner that killed Pop Idol.  Pop Idol was the franchise that started everything, and it only ever got two seasons.  Michelle was the second season winner and its only female winner.  She was in the first round of the heats and advanced with the most votes to the finals.  She sang "Don't be a Stranger" by Dina Carroll.  In the lives shows she was pretty dominate, as she was #1 in votes 6 of the 9 weeks.  She was only in the bottom once during Elton John, but no judge voted to eliminate her.  Fun fact all other heat winners never even managed to make the Top 6.  When she won she released his winners All This Song.  Its a typical idol single, and its nothing remarkable.  Its made better by her pretty voice. That's ultimately why I am cutting her too, since I don't find her voice remarkable, but she performed well on the show. I would classify her singing style as pop/adult contemporary.

ZAC & ELIZABETH

img_6046258acba01.gif

Zac & Elizabeth were the winners of the first Love Island USA series. They were coupled up from the beginning, and they stayed together all the way to the finale. It was very obvious early on they were going to be the winners. The other couples from this season weren't as solid as Zac & Elizabeth were throughout the season. Elizabeth was very likable, but she and Zac were a boring couple. The first season of Love Island USA was the weakest, and I didn't watch the entire season. Maybe they became more interesting later on? I don't know. I just didn't want to cut another Survivor, Big Brother, The Amazing Race, or American Idol winner just yet, and I didn't want to do research on someone I didn't know. So, I'm going to go ahead and eliminate Zac & Elizabeth now. Plus, I'd rather see Justine & Caleb as the last standing Love Island USA winners here anyway (pretty much just because of Justine tbh). Although, Zeta & Timmy would've been a good choice as the last ones standing too, but it's too late to add them to the game. So, Zac & Elizabeth were overall a nice and normal couple, but they didn't make the most entertaining RTV characters. So, out they go from the rankdown.

1 minute ago, ~Tom~ said:

I was considering cutting Michelle also, just didn't know much of her material. :haha: 

Since you've now decided to participate, I think I am going to leave singing comp shows to you, since I Know thats your primary knowledge.

6 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

I was considering cutting Michelle also, just didn't know much of her material. :haha: 

Yeah I also considered Michelle too. Almost went with her last night but then changed my mind. :haha: 

• Solaris changed the title to Reality Champion Rankdown