The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

"Giving" Adam a win back then would probably have been ten times harder than giving Blake a win right now (Yes, even without robegate). 

In S14 he was left with zero contestants on the whole Top 6. That was before robegate happened. 

Do you think he’d have a better chance if they pushed a country guy to pick him? Like bring out Jackson Marlowe or Andrew Jannakos at the end and say only Adam has a spot left, this will be a huge deal when he picks you. Then give him minivan songs every week and have him be the Chevel Shepherd instead?

Edited by Jaffy

Just now, Jaffy said:

Do you think if he did, he would have finally won with a country singer if TPTB wanted him too?

I doubt it. It seemed literally every fan of the show was upset about how Adam handled the Reagan situation. I don't think he would've won the next season even with major producer manipulation—despite people feeling badly for his season 16 team members, DeAndre, and (to a lesser extent) Reagan. To this day, all of us who watched it play out still remember it.

• Like 2

Adam being a "beloved" coach on the first seasons was mostly because his dynamics with Blake, which people used to find entertaining. They were the dynamic duo of the show. 

Then Kelly came and he wasn't needed anymore for that. But somehow, he managed to screw things for himself even more with robegate. (He was playing favorites since his first season but it took that whole drama for people to apparently realize how much he used to throw his contestants under the bus)

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

Do you think he’d have a better chance if they pushed a country guy to pick him? Like bring out Jackson Marlowe or Andrew Jannakos at the end and say only Adam has a spot left, this will be a huge deal when he picks you. Then give him minivan songs every week and have him be the Chevel Shepherd instead?

Nope, at all. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Adam being a "beloved" coach on the first seasons was mostly because his dynamics with Blake, which people used to find entertaining. They were the dynamic duo of the show. 

Then Kelly came and he wasn't needed anymore for that. But somehow, he managed to screw things for himself even more with robegate. (He was playing favorites since his first season but it took that whole drama for people to apparently realize how much he throws his contestants under the bus)

Actually, many, many, many fans (at least the more perceptive ones) were catching on to that well before that happened.  It just took that whole debacle to lay it bare to the less perceptive fans.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

"Giving" Adam a win back then would probably have been ten times harder than giving Blake a win right now (Yes, even without robegate). 

In S14 he was left with zero contestants on the whole Top 6. That was before robegate happened. 

Yes, viewers were unhappy with Adam in his later seasons for more than just Robegate. Addison Agen in season 13 was his last finalist.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Actually, many, many, many fans (at least the more perceptive ones) were catching on to that well before that happened.  It just took that whole debacle to lay it bare to the less perceptive fans.

Before being an IDF viewer, i was a Youtube viewer, and yes, there was some criticism for him about that on the YT comments. But i was always frustated because it always felt like he was getting away with it season after season. He somehow managed to have at least a finalist from Season 5 to Season 13. Then Kelly came, and his popularity decayed. And then, he did what he did on Season 15 and bam! He finally suffered the consequences of playing favorites and taking bad decisions while coaching

He probably didn't care that much, after all, he is still a white rich man, but i feel bad for his poor contestants that were victims of his bad judging and coaching, from Katrina Parker to Deandre Nico, and let's not forget about his poor Season 16's team.

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Ooh, let me tell you.

Seven seasons ago, in season fifteen, that man had two of his artists in the bottom: DeAndre Nico and Reagan Strange.  They both had to perform for the Instant Save, or should've had to.  DeAndre sang probably one of the most flawless versions of John Legend's "All of Me" that you could possibly have heard, while Reagan was apparently "under the weather" and didn't perform.  After DeAndre performed, that man only briefly touched upon his performance before openly pleading for the audience to save Reagan instead, and he did it to DeAndre's face, while he was still on the stage, being addressed by his coach.  And the whole time, there were occasional cuts to Reagan sitting in the audience in a robe, looking sick (I swear that it had to be for sympathy points).  Well, the Instant Save vote was reported close, with Reagan beating DeAndre by a mere percentage, which eliminated DeAndre (along with Dave Fenley, someone on Blake's team).

Well, that pretty much ended the bulk of the audience's trust with that man, because over the next week, fans everywhere were absolutely furious that he could've done such a thing to his own teammate in such a critical moment.  So the next week, though it took some doing, Reagan was eliminated, wiping out that man before the finale.  And the next season, the fans did their best to send him a message: by obliterating his team throughout the live Cross-Battles, the Playoffs, and, finally, the Top 13.  A real Catch-22, because while it was intoxicating and cathartic to watch his hugest mistake ever (at least on this show) come back and bite him majorly, you did feel sort of bad for his team for that season (at least those who chose him before Robegate happened and didn't know that it would happen, but not those who chose him afterwards, knowing what could happen).

Do you guys think that it was mainly a robegate thing that influenced his votes so heavily in S16? Of course, what he did was terrible. But I also felt like his singers in cross-battles faced singers that were better, more hyped, or just got lucky with their opponent losing it (see Celia Babini lol). Then basically everyone's team except Blake's got obliterated in playoffs.

That's not to deny that some like Mari deserved way better. But with that format in a pre-robegate season, I still could envision similar results.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Yeah, this is basically what I was thinking.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Do you guys think that it was mainly a robegate thing that influenced his votes so heavily in S16? Of course, what he did was terrible. But I also felt like his singers in cross-battles faced singers that were better, more hyped, or just got lucky with their opponent losing it (see Celia Babini lol). Then basically everyone's team except Blake's got obliterated in playoffs.

That's not to deny that some like Mari deserved way better. But with that format in a pre-robegate season, I still could envision similar results.

I think this post answers part of your question 

3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Btw in the Top 13's Instant Save of Season 16, i remember reading tweets like: 

"Screw you, Adam!! #VoiceSaveKim"  

Uff, it was brutal. 

If robegate didn't influence the actual votes, i'm sure that at the very least, it had some influence in that IS

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Voice said:

I can see Blake winning S22 and Kelly winning S23 just because it’s Blake’s last season and I feel like the producers want to show that the voice can go on without him lol.

But it will come down to Blake v. Kelly…again. 😂

Blake is the GOAT.

s21: Blake Vs Kelly (All the PVs were from these two teams).

s20: Blake Vs Kelly

s19: Blake Vs Gwen

s18: Blake Vs Blake (lol)

s17: Blake Vs Kelly

s16: Blake Vs John

s15: Blake Vs Kelly

s14: Kelly Vs Alicia

s13: Blake Vs Adam

s12: Blake Vs Alicia 

s11: Blake Vs Adam

s10: Blake Vs Christina

s9: Blake Vs Adam

s8: Blake Vs Pharrell 

s7: Blake Vs Adam

s6: Blake Vs Usher

s5: Adam Vs Christina 

s4: Blake vs Usher

s3: Blake Vs Blake (lol x2)

s2: Blake Vs Ceelo

s1: Blake Vs Adam

Looking at this, Chances for a Team Blake contestant to be in the top 2 are 99%.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Blake is the GOAT.

s21: Blake Vs Kelly (All the PVs were from these two teams).

s20: Blake Vs Kelly

s19: Blake Vs Gwen

s18: Blake Vs Blake (lol)

s17: Blake Vs Kelly

s16: Blake Vs John

s15: Blake Vs Kelly

s14: Kelly Vs Alicia

s13: Blake Vs Adam

s12: Blake Vs Alicia 

s11: Blake Vs Adam

s10: Blake Vs Christina

s9: Blake Vs Adam

s8: Blake Vs Pharrell 

s7: Blake Vs Adam

s6: Blake Vs Usher

s5: Adam Vs Christina 

s4: Blake vs Usher

s3: Blake Vs Blake (lol x2)

s2: Blake Vs Ceelo

s1: Blake Vs Adam

Looking at this, Chances for a Team Blake contestant to be in the top 2 are 99%.

S22: Blake vs Camila, probably

Idk how big are the chances (no pun intended) that either Chance or Niall got themselves a contender like Camila did this season  

EDIT: Forget it, we are getting Blake vs Blake again lol

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Someone648 When will the spoiler about Kelly's dress be revealed?

I mean, it's worth mentioning the winning coach's name. If it's black, it's over for her, and if it's not, it's over for everybody else.

THE BIGGEST CURSE ON THE VOICE IS KELLY CLARKSON WEARING BLACK IN AUDITION.😂

• Haha 8

Just now, Arsh said:

@Someone648 When will the spoiler about Kelly's dress be revealed?

I mean, it's worth mentioning the winning coach's name. If it's black, it's over for her, and if it's not, it's over for everybody else.

THE BIGGEST CURSE ON THE VOICE IS KELLY CLARKSON WEARING BLACK IN AUDITION.😂

Fear not, we have no damn idea what the coaches are wearing :haha:

• Haha 8

31 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

it will be easy to predict the winner next season. Just need to take a look at the men on Team Blake when the spoilers come out, one of them is winning 100%

Well we'd know if my damn wonderful source would reply back to me rn :haha:

10 minutes ago, CocoaPuffs said:

Tbh I remember someone who worked on the voice said Adam wasn’t a particularly nice person behind the cameras and was really self absorbed even with his contestants … that could obv be bs but idk 

I totally get this vibe from him. He doesn't seem to be a nice person. 

• Like 1