The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

I just think they don't want Blake to dominate the Top 3, he's had two members in them since S18.(Along with a Top 2 in two of those seasons)

I see no reason in this being "fair" voting if they want to spin it as that. If they wanted to limit votes, just have each account vote 10 times for the overall round.(Example, giving 5 votes to Grace and Holly each. Or even give 2 votes to your Top 5 each)

Most people probably have 2-3 favorites. I’d probably give Gina and Sorelle some votes if I could, but not now. 

• Like 1

LOL at people doubting Grace’s chances. It doesn’t matter if they put her performing first, middle or last she is dominating. She’s got this. Once again everyone. Storybook ending to Blake’s last season. All the celebrity artists coming back on finale results night to celebrate Blake there is no shot he doesn’t win. And he can only go out winning with a country artist. 

• Haha 2

This hurts contestants long term too, because people are more likely to be invested in contestants they cast votes for. The pie is already divided up enough as it is, with the team format, and this makes it even worse. 

I like D Smooth's vibe, and you can tell TPTB likes him too. Seems like a heart-on-sleeve guy when he sings, and he just has a workingman's mentality up there. But I suspect for voting purposes, he just lacks an "old school element", or "bring it to church" moment. He's likely too 2000s for a crowd accustomed to 1970s styles. You're not going to get minivan to take to Joe or Ginuwine. Take a look at finalists like Victor Solomon, Paris Winningham, Cam Anthony, Chris Blue. You have felt the church or these soaring powerful vocals in them multiple times through their performances. Smooth lacks the top end dynamics and hasn't really went down the gospel well. The other thing for some reason is he doesn't really "pop";  personality-wise, he seems kinda low key, while Chris Blue/Cam Anthony you could feel their presence/marketability elements. Paris screamed military/old school respect, Victor screamed church. Smooth also isn't gonna throw a Super Bowl halftime performance-worthy thing like one of those dudes did. NOIVAS pops more in that performer way, but comes off more less refined when he goes down that route.

TPTB did spread out its pimpage pretty far and wide this year. You'd think everyone but Grace West got performance leaks at some point, so who's their top dog? TPTB feel like they are giving Sorelle that last minute push, but let's face it, they won't win. But TPTB want them to be on the last show. Grace's work speaks for itself so she doesn't need pimpage, but priority battles with her and NOIVAS will be interesting to watch, even though Grace feels snug here. Ryley as Niall's mini-me, but you feel like he's fading a little bit on the focus as Gina is somewhat at least seen in the rearview mirror. For Smooth himself, the priority's with Holly, and she's easy vote bait over him. TPTB have showed their cards with Sorelle over Ray, and this isn't a hard convince for the audience either as they're likely agnostic to both. Endgame probably once TPTB establishes their top five, let the chips fall where they may scenario.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

They definitely didn’t give a sh*t last season. They enabled the Blake white male sweep.

I doubt they wanted the semifinals voting results they got, and I'm sure they are aware of the complaints about the Top 5 of s22. It's one reason I believe TPTB not only promoted NOIVAS but also orchestrated him landing on Team Blake in his final season. I think they'll continue that help on Monday because Savion's social media numbers and article/interview coverage suggest that he has a better chance of getting enough votes than D.Smooth or Ray.

Grace West The Voice vs. NOIVAS The Voice 

7 days

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now 7-d&geo=US&q=Grace west the voice,NOIVAS the voice&hl=en

—-

Ryley Tate Wilson vs. Gina Miles. 

1 Day

I didn’t do the 7 day, because I wanted to see it without Gina’s spike on Monday night. 

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=now 1-d&geo=US&q=Gina miles,Ryley tate wilson&hl=en

12 hours ago, gabe0101 said:

LOL at people doubting Grace’s chances. It doesn’t matter if they put her performing first, middle or last she is dominating. She’s got this. Once again everyone. Storybook ending to Blake’s last season. All the celebrity artists coming back on finale results night to celebrate Blake there is no shot he doesn’t win. And he can only go out winning with a country artist. 

I agree with this. There's absolutely no point of dubbing the season "Blake's final thing" all along, as well as inviting former coaches to the finale if he does not win his last season. It is even more memorable with both of his finalists, one is the last member to fill his team, and the other is the last Battle steal.

We just have to witness the final to see who is the chosen one. 

3 minutes ago, Kenneth96 said:

I agree with this. There's absolutely no point of dubbing the season "Blake's final thing" all along, as well as inviting former coaches to the finale if he does not win his last season. It is even more memorable with both of his finalists, one is the last member to fill his team, and the other is the last Battle steal.

We just have to witness the final to see who is the chosen one. 

They were always going to play up Blake’s final season because it’s an easy storyline. Personally, I don’t see that as a guarantee he will win. Sure it will be a bit anticlimactic for his exit if he doesn’t win, but win or lose, the show is going to acknowledge his exit the same way because he’s been a big part of the show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

She's slightly ahead for YouTube and image searches, too.

They're even for news searches.

If you look at 30 days instead of 7, she's ahead for web and news searches.

He's ahead for image searches.

They're even for YouTube searches.

6 minutes ago, RTV said:

She's slightly ahead for YouTube and image searches, too.

They're even for news searches.

If you look at 30 days instead of 7, she's ahead for web and news searches.

He's ahead for image searches.

They're even for YouTube searches.

I try to keep it simple, but in regards to YT, a lot more people have watched her blind over the past two weeks than his. Her views have increased by something like 90-100K, and his maybe 20-30K. I don’t have the exact numbers. I don’t know what it all means for voting, but I think it’s because a lot of people are checking her out again, or maybe even for the first time, since they basically kept her hidden for so long. 

At this point, it'd definitely benefit NOIVAS to dial it down a bit. Give us something more intimate and tender. 

I don't know how strong his falsetto game is but, even as someone who constantly says don't sing U2 lol, I actually think something like "Running to Stand Still" would give us another insight into his voice.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

Is Jennifer singing in the finale?

According to the Billboard article posted on page 542 yesterday:

Dolly, Usher, Pharrell, John, Nick, Camila, and Jennifer "will all make special appearances."

The article doesn't say they will sing.

CeeLo Green, Lewis Capaldi, Diplo with Lily Rose, and Maroon 5 will perform.

• Like 1

Just now, RTV said:

According to the Billboard article posted on page 542 yesterday:

Dolly, Usher, Pharrell, John, Nick, Camila, and Jennifer "will all make special appearances."

The article doesn't say they will sing.

CeeLo Green, Lewis Capaldi, Diplo with Lily Rose, and Maroon 5 will perform.

Doesn’t that seem like too few guest singers for a typical finale ?

Just now, Mathacoo200315 said:

I doubt those former coaches (besides Ceelo and Adam) are singing. They‘re probably just there to deliver messages to Blake.

9 minutes ago, Mathacoo200315 said:

I assume the results show will also include Top 5 coach duets. The 05/11 Billboard article is an "exclusive." Maybe additional guests and/or performances will be announced later.

Edited by RTV