The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

2 minutes ago, Anybody354 said:

Yeah. I’m not convinced that there’ll be any team quotas, but I still have a fear.

It's hard to tell what TPTB are thinking but my idea is that especially for his last season, they don't really care about Blake getting a bunch of contestants in the finale. The most he could possibly have given wildcards is 4, and that probably won't happen since I doubt all of them will be country, and minivan doesn't seem to excuse mediocrity as much with his non country contestants (see: Rowan, basically the entire Playoffs results in S16 lol)

With a 5 person finale again that means I foresee a max of 3 Team Blake contestants in there. If at least one of them isn't predominantly country, and then the 2 from other teams aren't country either, that seems pretty palatable for all viewers. So who knows what will happen, but I think they should keep the team quotas away.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, VoiceSelf12 said:

Wait hold up how didn’t I think of this what if it’s someone who didn’t get a chair turn from the blinds, but made the comeback stage and sang live… etc… Kanard Thomas, Lynea Moore, Anaya…

it defintely not Lynnea. I asked her on live once, her thoughts on the show and she shut down the question asap and apparently did not like it. 

2 hours ago, Ottoxxx said:

@QueenMae16since u were very harsh and critical about Celine's covers, which cover of her on the show do you like the most? Just asking lol

I'm only harsh cause they don't bring it. 

Anyways, I think Keisha's version of "All By Myself" in Celine's version was great, very powerful and passionate. I'd probably give that a 10, Keisha deserved the praise the coaches gave her. 

Makenzie did pretty good too, she just had a few problems with the 2nd half of the song. Very beautiful rendition though, I'd probably give it an 8.5. 

I also recall when Miss Dion herself advised "I Drove All Night" in S12, I thought that was a fine battle with her version.

I don't think I need to describe any of the "My Heart Will Go On" performances.

Tell me if I forgot any covers, these pop in my mind first.(That are actually good)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

Anyways, I think Keisha's version of "All By Myself" in Celine's version was great, very powerful and passionate. I'd probably give that a 10, Keisha deserved the praise the coaches gave her. 

Makenzie did pretty good too, she just had a few problems with the 2nd half of the song. Very beautiful rendition though, I'd probably give it an 8.5. 

I also recall when Miss Dion herself advised "I Drove All Night" in S12, I thought that was a fine battle with her version.

Tell me if I forgot any covers, these pop in my mind first.(That are actually good)

You forgot Billy's performance of "I Surrender," But I don't feel like you have anything good to say about it. :haha:

I personally loved it. :wub:

• Haha 1

Yeah, but seems like wayy more critical with celine dion songs.. 

Yeah I'd say those are my top 3 as well. Along with Joshua's rendition of ashes. Not sure how you feel about that one though..

Not to trigger you, but what's the worst Celine dion cover you've heard on the show? 🙂

Edited by Hsamid
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

You forgot Billy's performance of "I Surrender," But I don't feel like you have anything good to say about it. :haha:

I personally loved it. :wub:

For a male singer to pull that song off live, definitely commendable. There were parts where he sounded like he was struggling though or at the edge of his range and really pushing it. But that would also be 90% of male singers on the show soo.

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

Well, all I have to say for now is good luck to @Someone648 in the next hours. Spam messages and IDF refreshing the forum every five minutes are all making a comeback.

gonna get one of my cs friends to create some code that messages him every 5 minutes asking for spoilers ! 

for legal reasons this is a joke (anyway i lack the friends to do this even if i wanted to)

3 hours ago, Anybody354 said:

I agree with your reasoning. Also, having AA powerhouses at this point feels a bit too formulaic and strictly defined since there’s the expectation that there will always at least be one. Sort of like how there’s always some sort of country male “snowflake killer” or teen girl whom most of IDF likes (but a few members despise). 

I’m not saying I wouldn’t welcome one or wouldn’t want one on a future season. I just like variety.

I mean, it's not like we can't have a AA powerhouse singer and variety. I'd say season 22 is a good example. (Atleast until the finale)

Generally I would agree with you if the majority of contestants delivered live, but tbh thats not the case a lot of the time.  The thing with the powerhouses on this show though is they're usually one of, if not the most consistent singers every season. So even if you have a weak night of performances you can generally rely on them to deliver

Kim, Wendy, Dana, Desz, Toneisha, Rose, None in s16, Kymberli, Kyla, Keisha, none in s12 (i dont consider Vanessa one), Ali.

That's 10 out of the 12 last seasons were almost everytime you could rely on the powerhouse to give one of the best performances from a technical and pitch standpoint on any given round.

I mean, I'm just imagining season 14 and 19 without Kyla and Desz were lives were at their weakest.. yikes.

Ofc this is colored by my Bias for showy vocalists, but I don't feel like I'm wrong with soulful powerhouses generally being the most reliable vocalists on the show.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 3