5th Annual DWTS Rankdown: Speed Run Edition

Alex95

J.R. Martinez

dancingw.jpg?alias=standard_900x600

Jose Rene "J.R." Martinez is an Army veteran, burn survivor, actor, motivational speaker, and a best selling author. He played the role of Brot Monroe on the ABC soap opera All My Children. He also appeared on Army Wives and Saf3. J.R. was on Season 13 of Dancing with the Stars and his partner was Karina Smirnoff. He was the winner that season. His lowest score was a 22 for both his Viennese Waltz and Jive. His highest score was a perfect 30 for his Waltz, Instant Jive, Freestyle, and Instant Samba. I think this is my final cut in the game, it was a bittersweet experience for me. 

Nikki Bella

Nikki Bella, Artem Chigvintsev's Son Matteo's Baby Album: Pics

Fingers crossed someone forgets to make a cut tomorrow (or else waits and tries to be sneaky to get the final cut) so that I can have the opportunity of cutting one more person! You are all very welcome for the relative quality of this Top 20 because it is based on my very hard work getting rid of the randoms. I think Kristi was my only big cut? Thankfully, I was able to rely on everyone else to get rid of the contestants that I actually disliked for me (Alexis, Chelsea, Joanna, Lindsey, Bachelorette winners, etc.). So my cut today will be of Nikki. She did fairly well on Season 25 with Artem, and I'd say she was my favorite female contestant that year. But she was not able to secure and 10 scores and ended up placing 7th overall, with also the 7th best average that season. [insert corny joke about how she didn't win the mirrorball but she won life by marrying her partner, Artem, and having a son with him.] Her son's name is Matteo Artemovich Chigvintsev, which prompted me to look up the traditional way that Russians choose middle names for their children. 

6 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Fingers crossed someone forgets to make a cut tomorrow (or else waits and tries to be sneaky to get the final cut) so that I can have the opportunity of cutting one more person!

actually wait, since Steven didn't make a cut before me today then I think I'm guaranteed one more cut if I do it on time?? I'm having a hard time conceptualizing this lol

Nancy Kerrigan

1488492323-nancy-kerrigan-dancing-with-t

Ugh I'm sad that this may be my last cut as I was hoping to get to do two more but ugh probably not going to happen. I just decided to go for one of my lesser favorites at this point, so I've decided to cut Nancy Kerrigan now. I was initially even thinking of cutting Nancy some time last week to try to get Rashad the win for S24 but I missed out on that. So that could have been a big difference of having Nancy place in the 90s to somewhere in the Top 15. :dead: 

Nancy Kerrigan is a former Olympic figure skater, who competed on the 24th season of Dancing with the Stars, where she was partnered with Artem Chigvintsev. Before Nancy, Artem really didn't have the best mix/range of celeb partners in dance ability. He had Lea in S19 who was good but he had some tougher seasons after that so Nancy was quite a refresher for Artem on S24. Nancy started her run off with a good Viennese Waltz and a good Cha-Cha on the first two weeks (both scored 28). But Nancy had a surprising breakthrough moment on Week 3 with her Samba to "Shake Your Bon Bon" (33). This was quite a surprising dance as I thought she would excel at ballroom and struggle at Latin but she proved me wrong there. She also delivered a gorgeous Foxtrot (33) and a really good Jazz (36) the following two weeks. On Week 6's Boy Bands vs. Girl Groups Night, Nancy danced one of the many "Free Your Mind" Paso Dobles, which wasn't as good as the Mel B version, which scored a 33. Then her last dance was another one of her strongest dances, which was the Tango to "Oh, Pretty Woman" which scored a 36. Sadly, Nancy was eliminated in a double elimination with Nick Viall. That was definitely wrong and an upsetting result, as Nancy certainly deserved to last longer than Bonner and David Ross, so I wish she lasted a little longer. But she did really well making it into the Top 15 here and achieving her best finish here, so well done Nancy for that! 

• Sad 1

Maria Menounos

d880571df496f08f666b563ff483f925.jpg

Sorry to Wally who I know is a fan, but my choice to cut today is Maria. This was a difficult choice because I actually like everyone left. There was no one who I was like "WHY are they still here? They need to go ASAP!" when scrolling through the list of those left. I ultimately settled on Maria because her being cut means that Katherine wins season 14 and I wanted to give her a win in some form since I have a feeling Elliott will cut her. Anyway, Maria is a television host. She was partnered with Derek, so we all know that most of IDF wasn't here for her because she's a Derek partner. She made it to 4th place, which is a suitable placement I suppose. The only other celeb I'd have there instead is Roshon. Her highest score was a 30 for both her Paso Doble and Argentine Tango. Both are fantastic dances. Her lowest score was a 21 for her Cha-Cha, which was her week 1 dance. She never scored lower than a 25 after that. She was a pretty good dancer, but I was more of a fan of Katherine (my favorite) and Roshon (who I rooted for out of loyalty to my girl Chelsie) so Maria was probably my 3rd-favorite of the season. 13th place in a Rankdown is very impressive when Derek partners are always huge targets simply for being partnered with him. This makes Jennie Garth the highest ranked Derek partner BTW. And it makes Katherine the season 14 winner like she deserves. :wub: 

• Like 2

But Diana was supposed to cut Maria tomorrow, Amanda. 😢 

:giggle:

Aww it's okay, Amanda. :haha: I'm just shook and really happy Maria made it this far as I never imagined she would have made it this far. :wub::haha:  I'm also not surprised Jennie is Derek's last standing partner as I imagined she would have been. Love that for Jennie as I do love her too. ❤️