5th Annual DWTS Rankdown: Speed Run Edition

Alex95

23 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Wow these latest cuts I just saw...

Elliott. 😐 

Sola. 😐 😕 😐 

Akshar 😐  😐  😐 😐 

Trying to decide whether to go REAL petty or keep it nice.

Hey, I was being nice and then the Amy & Nastia cuts happened. I was gonna save my Alfonso cut for when we reached Top 100 but now it just happened sooner :giggle:

1 minute ago, jarmon said:

Hey, I was being nice and then the Amy & Nastia cuts happened. I was gonna save my Alfonso cut for when we reached Top 100 but now it just happened sooner :giggle:

I had to suffer through all 3, so I don't know what to do anymore. 😭

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

The level of nervousness flowing through Wally's body now has to be off the charts. :giggle:

It's a realllly strange feeling. There's some nervousness there but you can't really do much with this version of the game. as it's just a free for all. :dead: 

Chris Kattan

chris-kattan-inline-cb74c00f-5e97-4324-b

Christopher Lee "Chris" Kattan is known for his characters on Saturday Night Live.  He was on there from 1996 to 2003.  Chris was on Season 24 of Dancing with the Stars and his partner was Witney Carson.  He danced a Cha-Cha to What Is Love that received a total of 17 (four judges this season) and a Jazz to Hey Ya! that scored a 22 before he was eliminated. He didn't receive any individual scores over a 6.  He was also on Celebrity Big Brother 3.  He chose to evict himself after 15 days due to "family issues" (his ill stepfather), but I have read some other things during my write-up journey, so who knows! He should retire from reality shows.

Edited by taylorkat

@*Chris and I were doing our annual check in on Melissa Joan Hart to see if we can un-cancel her, and I’m pleased to announce that since our last rankdown, her Instagram has become anti-gun, pro-vaccine, anti-Tr*mp, and she was posting about pride!

Growth Growing GIF by Insecure on HBO

Edited by Elliott
  • Like 3

Danelle Umstead

1537881225-150160-3135.jpg

With some of these cuts, I was tempted to make a bigger cut but I'll be nice. But if some of you continue to test me..... 🙂 Anyway, Danelle Umstead is a Paralympic alpine skier, who competed on the 27th season of Dancing with the Stars, where she was partnered with Artem Chigvintsev. Danelle's casting on the show was especially inspiring as she was the first legally blind contestant to ever do the show - to be more specific, she has a genetic eye condition called retinitis pigmentosa. I never imagined a blind contestant to do the show and I was curious about that so it was nice to see Danelle do the show for that reason. I did kinda expect her to last a little longer with her backstory but that wasn't really the case. Her dancing sadly wasn't too great either. 

On Week 1, she danced a Foxtrot to "Rise Up" which scored an 18. This was a really inspirational and pretty dance and what I considered her best dance of her journey. The following night, she landed in the Bottom 5 (with 4 other female celebs, what a ~shocker from this show), so she danced another Foxtrot to "Strong Ones," which also scored an 18. Not as good as her first Foxtrot but it was decent.  On Week 2's New York City episode, she danced a Cha-Cha to "Welcome to New York" which scored another 18. Ooof I thought this dance was really rough and not so good. It was understandably cautious but lacked rhythm, musicality, hip action, etc. I do think it should have scored lower. The following night, she danced a Quickstep to "Luck Be a Lady," which scored a 19. This was alright. I think it was on the slower careful side. I do remember Donny Osmond singing during this dance and he seemed to get more of the airtime here, sooo I kinda couldn't properly judge Danelle. But she was eliminated after this dance. I thought her elimination was fair/fine, though other people could have gone too. I just don't know if Danelle would have gotten any better? Maybe she could have? I don't know.

Barbara Corcoran

'DWTS' Barbara Corcoran, Crotch Grab Seen 'Round the World!!!

Barb from Shark Tank was the first boot of Season 25 and she has the [checks notes] 6th lowest average score of all time for females. So while we do stan Barb for thirsting over Keo and for grabbing his crotch, she's an easy option to remove in the 200s. She got a 14 week one and a 17 week two. To be fair, giving an older woman a salsa week one is pretty rude. I actually don't think that salsa should be an option for anyone until like week 4 or 5. I'm not aware of any major Barb scandals, so I'm going to give it a quick Google to confirm. She made a joke about Whoopi's weight on the View in 2021. Not cute, but she apologized at least.

Sherri Shepherd

image.jpeg.9ffcd3f00e7ac14545204bce19184728.jpeg

Yes, let’s take out like Alfonso and Nastia while there is still a lot of actual trash and fodder still in this. :rolleyes: I am not gonna join in on the pettiness quite yet because the aforementioned trash and fodder need to go ASAP.

Which brings us to Sherri Shepherd. A co-host on The View for 7 years, she has made far too many controversial statements during her tenure as co-host. She doesn’t believe in evolution. She doesn’t think anything predates Christians. When asked if the Earth was flat, her response was “I don’t know. I never thought about it.” She doesn’t vote, citing her upbringing as a Jehovah’s Witness as the reason why. She said in an interview that she was raised to believe that homosexuality was a sin and “I don’t agree with your lifestyle, but I love you.” When she received backlash for it, she said the interview was taken out of context. Oh, and she wants us to respect how she feels. :wacko: 

She was cast on season 14, paired with Val Chmerkovskiy in his second season as a pro. Her highest score was a 24 for her Rumba. Her lowest score was a 21 for her Tango. She was eliminated week 4. Considering she was up against the much better Roshon in the bottom 2, I was fine with that.  Season 14 had a very strong cast, so her being eliminated wasn’t a huge loss. And her being eliminated from this Rankdown is no huge loss either.

Edited by *Amanda

ALLY BROOKE

gettyimages-1177799982.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0

Well, I don't think this will be a surprise. Actually, I think what will be a surprise is that I waited this long to cut her.

Ally Brooke is legitimately one of my least favourite contestants Dancing With the Stars has had. I'd say if you ignore the problematic stuff people do in real life, she'd easily be among my bottom five solely based off her run. I didn't enjoy a single thing she did, and the judges trying to make her happen was embarrassing. For the amount of mediocre men that get overscored on this show, Ally was making up for lost time on the women's side since she shouldn't have ever gotten anything above a 4 (and that's being nice!) The way that she got a 30/30 for dancing an entire routine out of sync... those judges should've been fired on the spot. I still can't get over them not getting the f*cking hint that America didn't want her on the show and decided to keep saving her into the finale. (Which I fear is what the SYTYCD judges are about to do with Carter.)

I've dragged her in the previous rankdowns so I'll stop now that I've reached my word count.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Zendaya

Dancing With The Stars' youngest ever contestant Zendaya Coleman, 16, takes  an early lead as the competition kicks off | Daily Mail Online

Well, I don't think this will be a surprise.  Actually, what will be a surprise is that I waited this long to cut her.

Zendaya is legitimately one of my least favorite contestants from Dancing with the Stars.  I'd say if you ignore the problematic stuff people do in real life, she'd easily be in my Bottom 20 solely based on me not liking her.  I didn't love a single thing she did and the judges trying to make her happen made my eyes roll. For the amount of mediocre men that get overscored on this show, Zendaya was making up for lost time on the women's side.  She shouldn't have received another above a 9.  The way she got 5 perfect scores and I don't remember any of them, those judges should be fired on the spot.  I still can't get over them not getting the hint that America didn't want her on the show and decided to have her lose to Kellie Pickler.  

I've dragged her in previous rankdowns so I'll stop now that I've surpassed my word count.

Edited by Solaris
  • Confused 1