5th Annual DWTS Rankdown: Speed Run Edition

Alex95

Billy Dee Williams

rs_634x845-140310155646-135074_0416_ful.

William December "Billy Dee" Williams is an actor that appeared in some of the Star Wars movies as the character Lando.  He also had stage performances, starred in commercials, and was on the sitcoms The Jeffersons, 227, and The Hughleys. Billy Dee was on Season 18 of Dancing with the Stars and his partner was Emma Slater.  They danced a Cha-Cha to the Star Wars Theme that received a total of 15 and a Tango to the Peter Gunn Theme that also received a 15.  After that, he withdrew due to a back injury.  I am thinking he probably wouldn't have lasted much longer with dances like that.

• Sad 1

Trista Sutter

trista-sutter.jpg?fit=800,800&quality=86

Trista Sutter is the star of the very first season of The Bachelorette, who competed on the very first season of Dancing with the Stars where she was partnered with Louis van Amstel. Trista holds a lot of firsts to her credit, of being a star to participate in two of ABC's biggest and longest running reality series, both shows which I have already mentioned. Trista is also known for having the longest ongoing/most successful relationship of The Bachelor/ette franchise, where she has been with and married to Ryan Stutter since 2003 and they are still married with two kids! That's hardly seen on this franchise and I give Trista all the props for this! :yes: 

However, Trista also holds the honor of being the first celebrity ever eliminated from DWTS, as she only lasted two seasons on the opening season. Trista danced a Waltz to "Come Away with Me" that scored an 18. The following week, she danced a slightly better Rumba to "Endless Love," which scored a 19. I can't remember if I preferred her Waltz or Rumba. Both dances were fine, mediocre but hardly memorable. I do think she should have lasted a week longer to outlast Evander Holyfield. But since she was in the Bottom 2 against Rachel, it was fair for Trista to go out of that bottom 2. Trista may not be much of a dancer, but at least she's doing well in life in other ventures. :yes: I believe this cut also means Kaitlyn Bristowe is the highest ranked Bachelor/ette star, so you're welcome for that Kaitlyn fans.

AMY PURDY

Celebrate Happy Birthday GIF by Team USA

I was determined to cut a Derek partner and Amy was the unlucky one. She was a part of the eighteenth season and came onto the show with an inspirational backstory. I don’t care about those things so it was whatever to me. Since she was with Derek, she received scores above what she deserved - particularly when she was up against one of the best contestants this show had seen. I think she’s in the Top 10 of averages for the entire series which is just lol. Fortunately she didn’t win in the end, and all was right with the world.

Edited by Elliott

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

AMY PURDY

I was determined to cut a Derek partner and Amy was the unlucky one. She was a part of the eighteenth season and came onto the show with an inspirational backstory. I don’t care about those things so it was whatever to me. Since she was with Derek, she received scores above what she deserved - particularly when she was up against one of the best contestants this show had seen. I think she’s in the Top 10 of averages for the entire series which is just lol. Fortunately she didn’t win in the end, and all was right with the world.

This isn't valid without a picture.

hJ5uPf1XB1XTVzlRyMTvFWH8VwMlSDZSYBTRWwFHZ1g.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=5bc781583964eeaa97fbb982a6941c747c6c27af

Growing up, I was a WWF/WWE fan and I can certainly say that I never been a fan of Chris Jericho - only relevant thing about him was that he was Canadian, and still one of my lesser favourite Canadian wrestler.  In 2011, he was planning a return to WWE so it only made sense that he was going to be cast on the 12th season where Cheryl Burke was unfortunately partnered with him. On the show, he was not a great dancer but not terrible either - he was middle of the road for most of the competition.  In my opinion, his best dances was the Viennese Waltz and his Quickstep but even then, both of those routines are incredible forgettable in the context of the rest of the season. They ended up finishing in 7th place. 

Nowadays, Chris Jericho is trying to stay relevant by having a podcast where he gave a platform to the likes of Donald Trump Jr. and  David Weiss - a Covid-19 denier & flat earth believer ; I will say that he had a pro-vaccine doctor on it but that means nothing when you give a platform to the other people that was mention. Furthermore, Chris Jericho likes to consider himself as apolitical but it was discovered that he donated to Trump's reelection campaign and liking some of Trump's tweets, and it seems that his wife was live in Washington, DC on January 6th which probably means that he was also supportive of the day, despite not being there.

Jerry Springer

17f8c60537185825df746b5d1110b729.jpg

Jerry Springer competed on season 3 of the show. He was partnered with the wonderful Kim Herjavec in her first season as a pro, which is a really rough draw for your first celebrity partner. He somehow made it all the way to 5th place. Which was all fine and well when he was outlasting like Tucker Carlson and Harry Hamlin who weren't great dancers either but then he went and outlasted actually great dancers in Vivica A. Fox and Willa Ford and we had a real problem on our hands. Because Jerry Springer sucked at dancing. Yet the judges continually doled out 7's and 8's to routines of his that were painfully mediocre and deserved 6's at most. There's no way his Samba and Foxtrot deserved 8's. He frequeltly landed in the bottom 2 but somehow managed to survive despite not being as good as the person he was up against. I do wonder if he would've stayed over Joey Lawrence, who he was in the bottom 2 with the week Sara Evans withdrew, but they were both spared that week so we'll never know. He was finally eliminated at Top 5. Thank goodness, because he was in the bottom 2 with Monique Coleman that week. I am glad we do not live in a world where he robbed Monique. He had already robbed Vivica and Willa and his time should've been up several weeks earlier. He did dance a nice Waltz I suppose. It was very sweet that he wanted to learn it for his daughter's wedding. But uh, that week resulted in a Monique vs. Vivica bottom 2 with Vivica going home while skated by. Still, one nice dance does not mean you should survive until top 5 week and rob multiple more talented dancers along the way. The kid-glove treatment of mediocre men from the judges and then the viewers deciding those men can stick around forever has been going on since this show's very first season, sadly.

Also, his-self titled show that was originally a political talk show quickly devolved into a trashy television show that became focused on tabloid-like sensationalism in order to get ratings. Somehow, that show remained on air until 2018 which is far too long. So yeah, he can go now.

Aaron Carter

Aaron-Carter-on-Dancing-with-the-Stars.j

The Aaron Carter wikipedia page is truly a wild ride. Aaron grew up before our very eyes. Y'all are lying if you say you didn't jam out to his Aaron's Party album :kissbye:. Anyways, he was your typical child star they get on DWTS. He was definitely one of the stronger dances of the season. His Muppets Quickstep is probably his most memorable dance of the season, but he also had a strong Jive. He was my second favorite that season behind Mya and I was disappointed to see him get eliminated prematurely. Like many child stars, unfortunately Aaron is a trainwreck now.  Some "highlights" from his wikipedia include multiple DUIs, coming out as bisexual and then claiming he's not bisexual, multiple domestic violence charges (sometimes him as the victim, sometimes him as the perpetrator), restraining orders from most of his family members if not all, declaring bankruptcy, mediocre reviews on his OnlyFans page, and signing on to do a "Naked Boys Singing" tour but then pulling out when he wouldn't get the COVID vaccine. So yeah...it's a lot. In other DWTS news, he has recently alleged that he had an affair with Karina and was responsible for breaking up Maks & Karina's marriage which is actually kinda funny if true. Anyways, loved him growing up, loved him on DWTS, he's a mess now and I wish him the best (but also not really if he's abusive).

Nastia Liukin

HQ Photos Of Derek Hough And Nastia Liukin DWTS Season 20 Week 4 | Dancing  with the stars, Nastia liukin, Derek hough

^thats a great photo

Nastia Liukin was on Dancing with the Stars season 20.  As far as Derek Partners go, she is amongst my least favorite of them.  Should she be this low?  Probably not, but i am going to continue eliminating dancers I am not a fan of. Gymnasts on dancing with the stars are pretty hit and miss for me.  There are a couple that I really like, and then I dislike the rest of them.  Nastia falls into the latter pile.  I feel like they gave Nastia to Derek to relive Shawn level magic, and it just didn't capture the same way.  In terms of dancing, she was good, not as good as I expected, but good.  I didn't really find her too memorable outside of her Trio Jive, which I thought was one of the best dances of the season.  I felt she was overscored for a lot of the season, receiving many 10's when they should have scored lower.  I guess they needed someone to compete against Riker and Rumer, but really she didn't stand up against them.  She was eliminated in 4th place having received 2 perfect scores over the season.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Cody Simpson

rs_600x600-140310160611-600.dwts-cody-simpson.jpg?fit=around%7C1200:1200&output-quality=90&crop=1200:1200;center,top

Cast as the resident 'teen star' on Season 18 of DWTS, Cody Simpson just felt totally out of his element from the start. A decent enough dancer, with a severe lack of personality. Added with Witney's lack of experience as a pro just yet - thank goodness for the switch-up that season because I felt like she managed to have more of a connection with Drew Carey in one week than she did with Cody Simpson in four. Witney immediately going on a path to break up Cody and Gigi Hadid in their opening package though? Iconic truly. But Cody's early boot didn't make for a big loss in the season and he just feels a safe pick to send out of the rankdown next.

ALFONSO RIBEIRO

wnn_carlton_141007_16x9_992.jpg

Well, originally I was going to cut Master P even though I've wanted to cut Alfonso a long time ago but I was like let me get rid of the terrible dancers first and then we can deal with celebs that I just don't care for. But, now that we are cutting celebs we don't care for, I was like I might as well give Master P another day to live in this Rankdown and get Alfonso out. Also, I just realised this is my first DWTS Rankdown so nobody knows my faves so it gives me complete freedom to be chaotic especially with this format so yeah. Expect more winners I don't care for to be eliminated soon :lolwave:.

Alfonso Ribeiro, who is most known as portraying Carlton Banks on the sitcom "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" was on Season 19 of Dancing with the Stars where he was partnered with Witney Carson and went all the way to win the season. I was not at all happy with this because I preferred Bethany, Janel & Sadie way more to win than him, especially Janel, she was my main favourite that season. I mean he was a pretty great dancer scoring a 36 in Week 1, that's very impressive for sure but I just find his over the top personality to be so overbearing and I just can't deal with it. Now, I need to get used to it as he will Co-Hosting with Tyra Banks on the upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars, so yay for that! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 4