'American Idol' winner Laine Hardy accused of bugging ex-girlfriend's dorm room

istersay

'American Idol' winner Laine Hardy accused of bugging ex-girlfriend's dorm room
The singer was arrested Friday after an LSU spokesperson confirmed there was an “active investigation” with the school’s police department involving Hardy.

"American Idol" winner Laine Hardy was arrested Friday after an ex-girlfriend accused the singer of bugging her dorm room, according to a warrant.

Hardy, who won season 17 of the popular singing competition in 2019, was booked into East Baton Rouge Parish Prison on a charge of interception and disclosure of wire, electronic or oral communication after LSU police arrested him, a school spokesperson told NBC News.

Hardy's attorney could not be reached for comment Friday.

source

• Confused 1

They're pretty much obligated to edit him out of the episode now, right?

I also heard that he was dropped from his label recently (and that he's no longer listed on Hollywood Records's roster). I have no idea if that's related to the investigation/charges or not, though.

https://www.hollywoodrecords.com/artists/

Either way, this is awful. I feel awful for that woman who must feel like her privacy was seriously violated.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bouli said:

They're pretty much obligated to edit him out of the episode now, right?

I also heard that he was dropped from his label recently (and that he's no longer listed on Hollywood Records's roster). I have no idea if that's related to the investigation/charges or not, though.

He was removed from the Hollywood Record website a while ago.

His performance on Monday’s show was a duet with Laci, so I’m not sure how they’re going to handle it.

All the duets have already been taped.  If they cut out Laine, they will have to cut out Laci. 

They should ask Laci back - not for another duet - but to perform solo.

It is very unlikely we will ever see Laine back on Idol.  An Idol winner in jail with a warrant for their arrest?  It's not kind of PR Idol wants.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mytake1 said:

All the duets have already been taped.  If they cut out Laine, they will have to cut out Laci. 

They should ask Laci back - not for another duet - but to perform solo.

It is very unlikely we will ever see Laine back on Idol.  An Idol winner in jail with a warrant for their arrest?  It's not kind of PR Idol wants.

Oh they aren't live performances? Then yeah I dunno what will happen.

The security police/security said they heard "What sounded like Laine's voice" on the recording, and correct me if I am wrong but Southern Accents are common place in Louisiana, it's circumstantial at best, and burden of proof they don't have.  

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Discovolcano said:

This is becoming a thing with male country singers on AI. Cecil, Caleb, now Laine 

True, but it's only the white country singers from the ABC era. Idol didn't have this problem with the FOX era country contestants. 

Edited by ptebwwong

This is really sad. Laine had so much potential as a country singer and I am sure he has just blown what little career he had. He was probably my favorite male artist during the ABC run other than Christian Guardino.

I hope Laine doesn’t have to serve jail time but if he does it is because he broke the law. I am sure his ex did not give him permission to put a bug in her room!

• istersay changed the title to 'American Idol' winner Laine Hardy accused of bugging ex-girlfriend's dorm room

WHAT A LOSER. lol

And yinz get ready for the "Alejandro should've won" comments because I'm currently seeing a few of them online. Just like Kris/Adam only I'm an Adam fan in this case...

Anyway...

You kiss the a$$ of one country boy from his re-audition on Idol to now and then get shocked when this shiz happens...

PROTECT Caleb and Maddie at all costs! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wgm said:

The security police/security said they heard "What sounded like Laine's voice" on the recording, and correct me if I am wrong but Southern Accents are common place in Louisiana, it's circumstantial at best, and burden of proof they don't have.  

There's big news outlets with this news & it says Laine admitted to planting a bug. The official document to book him stated that he admitted to putting a bug when he was confronted by her. There's also text messages where he admits it. Face it he was stupid & got caught.

Edited by ptebwwong
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ptebwwong said:

There's big news outlets with this news & it says Laine admitted to planting a bug. The official document to book him stated that he admitted to putting a bug when he was confronted by her. There's also text messages where he admits it. Face it he was stupid & got caught.

This is coming from the guy who thinks Gabbie's husband social media accounts were hacked and he wasn't the one saying all those toxic things so I wouldn't worry about that person's crazy theories. :dead:

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, wgm said:

What on earth are you talking about.  He fully confessed to the crime. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Shireen
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Shireen said:

What on earth are you talking about.  He fully confessed to the crime. 🤦‍♂️

he said he was cooperating with the officials, no confession, he is innocent and that is my firm belief 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

10 hours ago, wgm said:

he said he was cooperating with the officials, no confession, he is innocent and that is my firm belief 

"At the time, the victim says she confronted Hardy, who confessed to placing a “bug” in her room before removing it. The alleged victim also provided a screenshot of a Snapchat message where Hardy again confessed to leaving the “bug” in her room."

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

A delusional comment on reddit that made me laugh:

"They should strip him of his title and declare Alejandro the winner of his season. After all, he was the better, more interesting and more beloved artist! Fun fact: I happen to be at Alejandro's old busking stomping grounds in Claremont, CA at this very moment!"

As if they are going to change the result of a season that occured 3 years ago 😭😭

• Haha 2

On 4/29/2022 at 1:20 PM, Discovolcano said:

This is becoming a thing with male country singers on AI. Doug, Cecil, Caleb, now Laine 

18 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Idol really knows how to pick the country boys LMAO.

At least Scotty turned out fine. And Caleb. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, istersay said:

"At the time, the victim says she confronted Hardy, who confessed to placing a “bug” in her room before removing it. The alleged victim also provided a screenshot of a Snapchat message where Hardy again confessed to leaving the “bug” in her room."

that doesn't make any sense, and you are not going to change my mind, He is innocent and that's all i have to say. no more drama, and no my fighting. Done with it. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2