Brutal elimination rounds where multiple amazing artists got cut?

FanOfTheVoice

Some that came to my mind:

Season 4, Top 8: Judith Hill and Sarah Simmons were both seen as early front runners and insanely talented. Definitely must have hurt Adam to lose both in the same round. I recall this being the episode that many viewers realized just how strong the country bias is as well as its potential to rob some favorites. 

Season 9, Semifinals: I believe this was the first season that had a “bloodbath” and the field was cut in half right before the finale. Talent like Madi Davis and Amy Vachal left, and the fact that Amy didn’t even get to sing in the instant save was criminal imo. 😢 

Season 18, Semifinals: Zan, Joanna, Allegra, and Megan were some of my favorites since the blinds, and we had to say goodbye to them all in one night. While I can’t deny that Toneisha crushed her IS save performance and earned a spot in the finale, it did not make the others leaving hurt any less. I feel like at least Allegra could’ve been in the finale if it weren’t for team quotas.  

There are probably countless other examples, so feel free to share your thoughts. 

Edited by FanOfTheVoice
  • Like 2

Season 13 was brutal. Noah and Keisha being eliminated In the Semis was hard to watch. 

Season 20, with Corey and Gihanna's elimination. That was sad.

Season 4 again, Amber and Sasha deserved that Finale, but got cut right before it. Amber's "Sad" is still the performance of that season.

Season 3, Melanie and Amanda for me was tough. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, FanOfTheVoice said:

Season 18, Semifinals: Zan, Joanna, Allegra, and Megan were some of my favorites since the blinds, and we had to say goodbye to them all in one night. While I can’t deny that Toneisha crushed her IS save performance and earned a spot in the finale, it did not make the others leaving hurt any less. I feel like at least Allegra could’ve been in the finale if it weren’t for team quotas.  

Agreed. Season 18 was absolutely rigged when none of the girls got the PV during the playoffs or semi-final. And they even did a Downfall parody about it after Todd won.

Note that I’m going with body of work for some of these contestants, and it’s not a list of robberies. As always, I’m mentioning rounds that nobody really mentioned 

I’d say Season 9, 10, 15 and 16 playoffs. Playoffs can definitely be hit or miss, but those playoffs got rid of plenty artists I liked. S9 had Viktor, Ellie, Celeste, Darious and Morgan, who all had solid runs on the show. S10 had Ryan, Tamar, Katie and Joe all eliminated on teams with a controversial contestant in T12. S15 had Kameron, Natasia, Radha and Zaxai eliminated on the same night. S16 playoffs had Domenic, Presley and Kendra as notable eliminations (yeah, that was a very rough night). 

Season 12 semis got rid of Hunter, Brennley and Vanessa, so I’ll add it. It was disappointing that Gwen had 2 potential finalists that season and ended up with 0.

I guess I’ll add Season 15 semis with MaKenzie, Kymberli and Sarah, and we almost lost Kennedy as well.

Season 20 semis with Corey, Dana and Gihanna was also upsetting. Everyone was so excited about the Semis group and once the finalists were announced, the excitement went away

Of course Season 13 had Keisha (who couldn’t even make the save) and Noah (who sabotaged himself in the save)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Note that I’m going with body of work for some of these contestants, and it’s not a list of robberies. As always, I’m mentioning rounds that nobody really mentioned 

I’d say Season 9, 10, 15 and 16 playoffs. Playoffs can definitely be hit or miss, but those playoffs got rid of plenty artists I liked. S9 had Viktor, Ellie, Celeste, Darious and Morgan, who all had solid runs on the show. S10 had Ryan, Tamar, Katie and Joe all eliminated on teams with a controversial contestant in T12. S15 had Kameron, Natasia, Radha and Zaxai eliminated on the same night. S16 playoffs had Domenic, Presley and Kendra as notable eliminations (yeah, that was a very rough night). 

Season 12 semis got rid of Hunter, Brennley and Vanessa, so I’ll add it. It was disappointing that Gwen had 2 potential finalists that season and ended up with 0.

I guess I’ll add Season 15 semis with MaKenzie, Kymberli and Sarah, and we almost lost Kennedy as well.

Season 20 semis with Corey, Dana and Gihanna was also upsetting. Everyone was so excited about the Semis group and once the finalists were announced, the excitement went away

Of course Season 13 had Keisha (who couldn’t even make the save) and Noah (who sabotaged himself in the save)

Reading your post and remembering all these eliminations made me depressed. Thanks 🥲

9 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Season 20 semis with Corey, Dana, Pia and Gihanna was also upsetting. Everyone was so excited about the Semis group and once the finalists were announced, the excitement went away

veryyyy that

Also I'd say S19 playoffs for me. Many of the artists that left were some of the more interesting ones in the lives, and others who had a solid performance simply got cut because minivan. Taryn, Sid, Payge, Chloé and Madeline (even tho she was pretty underwhelming in POs) were all hard to lose in one night

• Like 2

The S9 bloodbath was straight-up depressing. Barrett getting the third PV completely ruined the whole thing for me. Amy landing in the bottom 3 was one of the most shocking results I've ever seen (idk what her socials were like, I went entirely off iTunes back then and remember Amy was always an iTunes frontrunner). Madi leaving didn't help either.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

The S9 bloodbath was straight-up depressing. Barrett getting the third PV completely ruined the whole thing for me. Amy landing in the bottom 3 was one of the most shocking results I've ever seen (idk what her socials were like, I went entirely off iTunes back then and remember Amy was always an iTunes frontrunner). Madi leaving didn't help either.

I think a lot of people had Barrett as gone, or at least on the IS.  Death spot (which back then actually was seen as a death spot) with a pretty mundane song, and on top of that, he gave his weakest performance. People thought Jeffrey would get the PV 3, after Jordan and Emily Ann.

I also remember everybody was scared of Sunshine too, because he was high on Itunes.

Season 16 Crossbattle and Playoffs are my picks. Various artists were eliminated for Blake's mediocre country singer, while Rod Stokes, the season's best country singer, was eliminated in the semifinals.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daillon said:

S13 playoffs

There's Emily getting shafted by Adam, Moriah by Miley, Karli getting robbed AGAIN (also by Miley), who else?

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 2

S20 semifinals: I mean, I liked Jordan a lot in playoffs, but losing, Pia, Dana, Gihanna, and Corey all in one night was hard, especially when Kenzie and Rachel managed to advance (Cam deserved that win, though). 

S20 4-way KO and Playoffs: Losing Ryleigh, Anna, and Savanna was hard.

Battles in Last Few Seasons: There have been way more contestants robbed in battles than knockouts. From season 19, Rio and Liam clearly deserved to move on. From season 20, Christine, Awari, Halley, Aaron, Durrell, Deion, Ainae, way too many. From season 21, Jack and Parker both deserved to move on, and I would have

liked to see others move on.

27 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Shi'Ann moving on…

Even TPTB knew that Chris deserved to move on. They even brought him back in the finale. (He surely would have been Minivan's favorite, right? :giggle:)

Btw, this performance is the biggest middle finger The Voice has given to their main audience and i love it 😎👌

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Even TPTB knew that Chris deserved to move on. They even brought him back in the finale. (He surely would have been Minivan's favorite, right? :giggle:)

Btw, this performance is the biggest middle finger The Voice has give it to their main audience and i love it 😎👌

Legendary :wub: I don’t think a performance has gotten as much praise by the live thread as this one.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Legendary :wub: I don’t think a performance has gotten as much praise by the live thread as this one.

Is that the one with Chris in drag? Can’t see it stateside, sadly.

As for robbery: y’all really mentioned S19 POs week without naming Julia Cooper’s 4WKO loss…🙃

• Like 1