DWTS Season 30 Discussion Thread

*Amanda

That sucks. They might get 1 bye week but if he just tested postive he would have to quarantine until Sunday October 10. I don't see how they let them miss 2 weeks of performing with the show on the 11th. I could say that isn't fair to the other contestants. This sucks but at the end I worry most about their health, this is just a tv show.

• Like 1

Ugh, this is such a terrible situation for Cody (as well as Cheryl).

I'm not sure how they will be able to stay on, even though I would hate for them to withdraw and go out like this. :( Ugh, this is always so heartbreaking.

I wish there was a way they could let them compete next year, as he was barely able to properly compete. But not sure how fair or likely that would be. :(

I like Cody, and I think he could have been in the finale but at this point it almost seems like a weird disruption to keep him in. I understand it’s not something he or Cheryl can control but it’s also weird not to have a contestant compete for multiple weeks when everyone else is. I say have him withdrawal and offer him a spot next season, tell people he has a spot next season when he withdrawals to make his fans not that upset while at the same time letting this season go on. 

Edited by Linds
  • Like 3

Hmm this will be.. interesting. I do kind of agree that I would have expected a withdrawal at this stage... that being said I would hate to see anyone leave the competition in such circumstances, so I'm happy for them both that there is a way for them to continue. Hopefully we won't see this again though, and everyone remains in good health for the rest of the season!

• Confused 3

10 hours ago, Alex95 said:

Let them quarantine together and dance in their own private ballroom together lmao

I was actually thinking that. :dead:

This kinda happened on DWTS Australia in 2020, when covid was brand new - although the contestant there was exposed to a family member with a positive covid test but he himself didn't test positive. But he & his pro quarantine together where they rehearsed and performed their routines in their own hotel room.

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Hmm this will be.. interesting. I do kind of agree that I would have expected a withdrawal at this stage... that being said I would hate to see anyone leave the competition in such circumstances, so I'm happy for them both that there is a way for them to continue. Hopefully we won't see this again though, and everyone remains in good health for the rest of the season!

I agree with everything you said here.

I would have expected a withdrawal, but I wouldn't want any of the couples to go out like that. This is a brand new situation for the show to figure out. I'm happy for them still being able to stay and perform. But this is going to be interesting to watch and judge the dance.

So wow, lots of thoughts I have.

38 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Why do I feel like if this was a more unpopular contestant they would be forced to withdraw? :dead: I am interested to see how judges score this. Still doesn't seem fair to the other pairs to  me. 

I also get this too. :haha:

I just wanna know how you cha cha alone in a room😅 

What if one of their feeds have a delay? Can judges critique them for being out of sync? 🧐

For real though, I agree with a lot of the comments here, I feel horrible for them... this situation sucks but it does feel a bit unfair to others too. And yes, very interesting question about whether the same would have been done for a contestant with a less vocal following 

5 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

This sounds dumb, but I also think if this situation happened to an IDF It Girl like JoJo or Amanda, the site would be begging the show to do everything possible to keep them in the competition :haha:

I wouldn't personally lol. This is weird. 

So we still have no press release. 😐 But I'll try to gather up what I know so far from wiki, various websites, interviews, Instagram, etc. 

These may not all be 100% but I tried. :haha:

- Amanda & Alan - I seen her with a whip on an Instagram, so makes me think that could be a Cha-Cha routine to "Circus."

- Cody & Cheryl - Cha-Cha to "Gimme More"

- Iman & Daniella - Tango

- Jimmie & Emma - looks to be having a Salsa to "Outrageous."

- Kenya & Brandon - seems to have their routine to "Womanizer."

- Matt & Lindsay - Tango

- Melanie & Gleb - Tango to "Toxic"

- Melora & Artem - Cha-Cha to "(You Drive Me) Crazy."

- Olivia & Val - Tango to "Hold It Against Me"

- Suni & Sasha - "I'm a Slave 4 U" (I think from the article?)

• Like 1

Cody & Cheryl are going to be put at a huge disadvantage with this. I have no idea how they can be compared to the other couples fairly.

1) By performing virtually, nobody will be able to feel their energy as well as usual and the judges wont be able to judge the technique well since its not right in front of them.

2) They are basically going to be performing 2 solos that are in sync with eachother, which feels extremely pointless to me. This is Dancing WITH The Stars, couples are supposed to dance TOGETHER. 

Depending on if they are cleared or not, theres a chance we could have to deal with this for BOTH Disney Week performances as well. Hopefully they are either cleared or they end up having to withdraw somehow.

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex95 said:

This sounds dumb, but I also think if this situation happened to an IDF It Girl like JoJo or Amanda, the site would be begging the show to do everything possible to keep them in the competition :haha:

Flying Hot Tea GIF by Robert E Blackmon

As a Cheryl stan and someone who's been thirsting over Cody, I'm glad they're still allowed to compete... even if I can't really see the logic behind it. I think just allowing them to return next season or having a bye week like X Factor used to do would be the logical solution, but I guess ABC thinks the drama will be worth it.

Hoping for speedy recoveries for Cody and Cheryl, though. Both of them are vaccinated and have mild symptoms, so at least there's a good sign.

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

So we still have no press release. 😐 But I'll try to gather up what I know so far from wiki, various websites, interviews, Instagram, etc. 

These may not all be 100% but I tried. :haha:

Hide contents

- Amanda & Alan - I seen her with a whip on an Instagram, so makes me think that could be a routine to "Circus."

- Cody & Cheryl - Cha-Cha to "Gimme More"

- Iman & Daniella - Tango

- Jimmie & Emma - looks to be having a Salsa to "Outrageous."

- Kenya & Brandon - seems to have their routine to "Womanizer."

- Matt & Lindsay - Tango

- Melanie & Gleb - Tango to "Toxic"

- Melora & Artem - Cha-Cha to "(You Drive Me) Crazy."

- Olivia & Val - Tango to "Hold It Against Me"

- Suni & Sasha - "I'm a Slave 4 U" (I think from the article?)

Add this for Amanda if you have yet to figure it out :

According to her Insta, it’ll be a Cha Cha Cha
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Add this for Amanda if you have yet to figure it out :

Reveal hidden contents

According to her Insta, it’ll be a Cha Cha Cha

Ooh thank you for this, Chris! Yayy at the style as I was hoping for that for her.

8 minutes ago, *Lily said:

We’re getting a Grease Night!

Hmm anything new going on Grease? This is an interesting theme.

Should be a fun night, as the songs are classics. Should maybe be another fun time to predict the songs. :haha: