DWTS Season 30 Discussion Thread

*Amanda

55 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Omggg we’re getting a Britney night this season :wub: Deserved!!!

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/showatch/dancing-with-the-stars/listings/

:spaz: 

And yes, PLEASE no more “Toxic” routines. There’s been a plethora of them across all versions of the show already, including 2 in the past year with Kaitlyn’s AT and then Kyly’s Freestyle on Australia 18.It’s like this show thinks that it’s the only Britney song that exists. :dead: 

Edited by *Amanda
  • Like 3

I just read on the wiki page about a Britney theme! :wub: :spaz:

And YES @ Amanda's comment on please no more Toxic routines. But sadly I think its unavoidable and will happen. I LOVE the song and think its an iconic song but its way too overdone at this point. But I can't see the Britney episode without a Toxic routine.

And YES, it's also frustrating how the show think of Toxic as the only Britney song there is. :haha:

But the good thing about it, as at least there will be plenty of Britney songs they never used before that they can use for this episode. ❤️

Press release is finally out!!!

https://www.dgepress.com/abc/pressrelease/season-premiere-abcs-dancing-with-the-stars-returns-monday-sept-20/

The celebrity cast and professional dancers are listed below.

Celebrities (along with dance styles and songs) include the following:

·       Country singer Jimmie Allen dancing the Tango to “The Way I Are” by Timbaland ft. Keri Hilson, D.O.E.

·       TV actor Brian Austin Green (“Beverly Hills, 90210”) dancing the Foxtrot to “Skate” by Bruno Mars, Anderson .Paak, Silk Sonic

·       Spice Girl Melanie C dancing the Cha Cha to “Wannabe” by Spice Girls

·       Reality star Christine Chiu (“Bling Empire”) dancing the Tango to “Glamorous” by Fergie, Ludacris

·       TV and film actress Melora Hardin (“The Bold Type”) dancing the Tango to “Simply Irresistible” by Robert Palmer

·       Influencer Olivia Jade dancing the Salsa to “Juice” by Lizzo

·       Matt James (“The Bachelor”) dancing the Cha Cha to “Give It To Me Baby” by Rick James

·       Talk show co-host of “The Talk” Amanda Kloots dancing the Tango to “Dance Again” by Jennifer Lopez, Pit Bull

·       Actor Martin Kove (“Cobra Kai”) dancing the Paso Doble to “You’re The Best” by Joe “Bean” Esposito

·       Olympic gymnast Suni Lee dancing the Jive to “Stay” by The Kid LAROI, Justin Bieber

·       WWE superstar The Miz (“Miz & Mrs.”) dancing the Cha Cha to “Butter” by BTS

·       Real Housewife Kenya Moore (“The Real Housewives of Atlanta”) dancing the Foxtrot to “Kiss Me More” by Doja Cat ft. SZA

·       Celebrity Fitness Guru Cody Rigsby dancing the Tango to “Physical” by Dua Lipa

·       NBA basketball star Iman Shumpert (“We Got Love Teyana and Iman”) dancing the Jive to “Hey Ya!” by Outkast

·       Popstar and dancer JoJo Siwa dancing the Quickstep to “Are You Gonna Be My Girl?” by Jet

• Thanks 1

I thought we were gonna see a “Skate” Cha-Cha but wasn’t expecting a Foxtrot.

:haha:

Same with “Kiss Me More”…love that it’s Kenya’s first song :wub: But interested to see that as a Foxtrot.

Mel of course getting “Wannabe” straight away, this predictable show. :dead:

Just now, *Wallace said:

Lol why do these current songs assigned to Foxtrots.... make no sense as they would fit better for Cha-Cha's? :dead:

This is the same show that thinks "I Love It" is a good Paso Doble song. What else would you expect? :dead: 

Although, it wouldn't surprise me if at least one of these dance styles is wrong, as it happened several times last season. :haha: #NeverForget the "Hound Dog" Viennese Waltz in the press release. :wub: 

3 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

This is the same show that thinks "I Love It" is a good Paso Doble song. What else would you expect? :dead: 

Although, it wouldn't surprise me if at least one of these dance styles is wrong, as it happened several times last season. :haha: #NeverForget the "Hound Dog" Viennese Waltz in the press release. :wub: 

Lmao, you are exactly right. This show never ceases to amaze me with its song/style combos. :dead:

Just now, *Lily said:

Hide contents

There is no better way to welcome Len back to the show than making him react to a Doja Cat Foxtrot.

:wub:

Lmao I complete  agree on this.

:lmao:Len is gonna be raging, haha.

Although darn I was wanting a Cha Cha to that song. But at least Kenya has that song.

Ok really want to try and get the final drafts back up and running before the live shows begin so I'm gonna set a deadline for tomorrow at 3PM EST which I think probably works out to like 1 day + 5 hours until Monday's show starts? pls correct me if I'm totally miscalculating though, I tried to work this out by US times and it may be off :haha:

So @ungodlyhour and @Ariel1989 I'll need your first picks by then please if you can! Otherwise I'll move any drafts awaiting picks down to 4 players and adjust the process accordingly as so with Drafts 1 and 2. Cam hasn't been online yet, hopefully everything is ok! But just for the sake of trying to get everything up and running by then. ❤️

Edited by *Lily

As Cam hasn't been online in a few days I'm going to move on Draft 4 with four players to try and get everything done. Hope everything is ok with Cam of course! ❤️

Draft 3 is about halfway done so I'm hoping we'll be able to wrap that up by tomorrow night's show.

• Like 2