The Voice US Rankdown (Winner Reveal pg. 117)

Solaris

MICHAEL WILLIAMS

849960252.jpg

Featured on the 18th season of The Voice, then-18 year old Michael Williams auditioned with Lauren Daigle's smash-hit "You Say" where he was able to receive chair turn from Nick Jonas - I thought he did a good job with the song and I liked his voice but it wasn't the best version that I've heard of the song.  The next time that we saw Michael was during the battle where he was partnered with Allegra Miles where they took on Whitney Houston's "How Will I Know" - I absolutely loved both of them and really loved what Michael was able to do here; I was glad that he received Nick's save after his performance in this.  Following the battle, he took part in a 4-way knockout where he covered "You Are The Reason" & he was able to win the knockout - this was probably my favourite performance of his along with "How Will I Know".   And during the live playoffs, he took on Sign of The Times where he delivered a strong performance but it was not enough for him to get through with the public's vote - he would later be one of the wild card but he would later be eliminated from the competition following his performance of "To Love Somebody". 

Overall, I did like Michael especially when it came to his singing voice - I would love to see how much he will improved in the coming years. And unfortunately, out of the remaining nominated contestants, he was the one that I felt comfortable with cutting from the rankdown. 

SAVING: JEFFERY AUSTIN

Edited by *Chris
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

Kat Robichaud

image.jpeg.70cb6ca21add2c9b09cd585ccad691cc.jpeg

Kat sang I've Got the Music in Me by Kiki Dee Band where she got everyone but Adam to turn. She moved on to the battles where she sang I Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith. She moved on over R. Anthony and then in Knockouts she did You Oughta Know by Alanis Morisette where she won her knockout. Then in playoffs, she did She Keeps Me Warm by Mary Lambert where she needed Cee Lo's Save to move on.  She was the OG Instant Save master. She did Sail by AWOLNATION and got the instant save for top 12. Then We Belong by Pat Benetar in top 10 where she was eliminated. She has released a few singles and some albums but none are record breaking. 

Favorite Performance: 

Michelle Chamuel

rs-17740-130623-the-voice-624-1372011851

Bring on the confused reactions! Sorry to Michelle but Judith is one of my favorites and one of the people I rooted for most on her season, and actually followed after her time on the show, so I’m not cutting her lmao. It is a shame because I do remember liking Michelle and her performances but it was a no-brainer to me. 🤷‍♀️

Michelle was on The Voice season 4 where she was a member of Team Usher. She performed a really cool rendition of “I Kissed a Girl” by Katy Perry which turned three chairs. I think she was always a strong contender who delivered a lot of great, cool performances, such as her performance of “Just Give Me a Reason” which P!nk herself praised which is awesome!

Since placing second on the show she has released a string of albums and EPs which I haven’t heard but it’s good to see she’s still making music. I was kinda surprised to see her still on the table in these final choices but yeah, I wouldn’t cut Judith so unfortunately this decision was made pretty easy for me.

Saving Judith Hill

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 6/26/2021 at 11:14 PM, *Chris said:

SHALYAH FEARING

the-voice-recap-shalyah-fearing.jpg

When she first auditioned for The Voice, Shalyah Fearing was only 15 years old - can you believe that she was 15?!? During her her audition, she chose "What Is Love" where she served us some serious VOCALS - as she only received one chair to turn, she was part of Team Christina by default.  Shalyah continued to serve us VOCALS in the battle round where she was partnered with Tamar Davis - they gave us a fierce performance of "Lady Marmalade" where Tamar was deemed the winner by Christina.  After losing the battle, she received a steal from Pharrell but her time on Team Pharrell was shortlived - after a near perfect vocal performance of "Broken Wing" (Jordin Sparks, who?), she lost her knockout battle against Emily Keener despite being the clear winner, in my opinion.  But luckily for her and the public, Shalyah received a third chance at making it in the competition when Adam pressed his steal button for her. 

And it was certainly on Team Adam where she was able to prove herself as she continually made it through the public's vote week after week. How was she able to do so? By serving us vocals, week after week - yes, her song choices were often predictable but she certainly nailed a lot of her performances notably "Up To The Mountain", "My Kind Of Love" - my personal favourite of hers, "A Change Is Gonna Come" and "And I Am Telling You".   After receiving a couple of second chances, Shalyah was able to make it all the way to semi-finals which is truly impressive.

For me, Shalyah was certainly one of the highlight of Season 10 especially when it comes to the finalists of the season - she's certainly in my Top 5 of the season & I thought she was a fierce vocalist.  Unfortunately, it's time for me to eliminate her from the rankdown as much as I wish I could bring her further than this. 

SAVING: LAUREN DUSKI

Just now, Solaris said:

this is offensive

I mean I actively disliked half of my nominations and figured the other half would be easy saves (but idrc if they got cut anyway) and I didn’t get any safety requests for them so 🤷‍♂️