The Voice US Rankdown (Winner Reveal pg. 117)

Solaris

Just now, *Diana said:

So glad I don't watch this show anymore cause my taste is completely opposite of this site 🤣

You are still very in the majority of the crowd I would say.

My opinions never really aligned with IDF on TV. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, *Chris said:

You are still very in the majority of the crowd I would say.

My opinions never really aligned with IDF on TV. 

47 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Not opposite of the site just opposite of a couple people in this rankdown lol

42 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Alisan and Christina are super popular here. :rofl:

Yeah agreed on these posts. This game is VERY anti-The Voice forum thoughts. :haha: 

image.jpeg.21074a4bef59288dd295d7a530f69c30.jpeg

Gracee Shriver

Gracee was on season 17 and sang Rainbow by Kacey Musgraves where she managed to only turn Kelly and Gwen. She picked Kelly and went to the battles against Brennan Lassiter where they did Blue Ain't Your Color by Keith Urban which was montaged. She won the battle and moved on to the knockouts where she sang Leave the Pieces by the Wreckers and she lost her knockout and got stolen by Blake. On Team Blake, in the playoffs she did American Honey by Lady A. She managed to get the wildcard for Team Blake. She sang Landslide by Fleetwood Mac which she managed to lose the wildcard and be eliminated in the playoffs. She has released a lot of singles since her time on the show. She even made a song with The Swon Brothers. 

Favorite Performance: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, *Wallace said:

Yeah agreed on these posts. This game is VERY anti-The Voice forum thoughts. :haha: 

Yeah the game could have used variety instead of 3 people who share the same opinions and can just run the game because of the small size of the game but oh well.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah the game could have used variety instead of 3 people who share the same opinions and can just run the game because of the small size of the game but oh well.

Ooh i understand. I do see it favoring certain kinds of contestants but it is what it is. :haha: 

To be fair, Elliott and Andrew didn't do anything that wasn't predictably them :P Hopefully thevoiceisthetop gives appropriate payback!  Also big favorites usually start to fall around this point.

Edited by Solaris

4 minutes ago, Solaris said:

To be fair, Elliott and Andrew didn't do anything that wasn't predictably them :P Hopefully thevoiceisthetop gives appropriate payback!  Also big favorites usually start to fall around this point.

You are right about a couple things but yeah hopefully Goodge comes up with a good set of nominations at least.

4 hours ago, *Chris said:

Oh the confused face for "Let Him Fly"? Her version was no where near Patti Griffin nor The Chicks - people around here always acted like she's the only person to have done said song. 

I liked Alisan a lot and her cover was the first time I've heard of that song, but this is my favorite version of that song.

Judith Hill

22prince-superJumbo.jpg

I'm sad to be making this cut because I love Judith and she's a huge favorite of mine, but I also do really love Kymberli. But I've already saved Judith once and while I was close to doing it again, I suspect she'll keep appearing on these noms and her time may be up soon so I wanted to do her justice with this write-up for now!

So prior to appearing on The Voice, Judith worked as a backing vocalist on a bunch of artists' albums and works. She was selected to be Michael Jackson's duet partner on "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" prior to his passing, and appeared in the This is It documentary movie. She also performed a rendition of "Heal the World" at his memorial service that same year.

Judith then appeared on The Voice season 4, where she performed a really amazing rendition of "What a Girl Wants" by Christina Aguilera that turned all four chairs, and she joined Adam Levine's team. This was really a showstopping performance and one of my favorite blinds of all time. I enjoyed all of her performances from here on and loved her spin on each of the performances, such as her battle round performance of "It's a Man's Man's Man's World", her knockout performance of "Always on My Mind", and her live performances in particular "The Way You Make Me Feel". At the top 8, she performed "#thatPOWER" by will.i.am and Justin Bieber, and while I ended up liking the arrangement I remember being kinda disappointed by this song choice at first. However, this is where Adam lost two really great vocalists on his team - Sarah Simmons and Judith - which was really unfortunate to see, and Adam was clearly not happy as well, making a remark about how he "hated this country" which stirred up some controversy after and he had to defend.

Following The Voice, Judith appeared in the documentary movie about backing singers, 20 Feet from Stardom, which won an Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature. She was then later discovered by Prince, who co-produced her album Back in Time at the iconic Paisley Park studios. It's a really great album which showcases her cool, versatile sound particularly in the funk and soul genres. Judith was actually on a flight with Prince not long before he passed away, and recently spoke out about the horrendous trolling she received from people who blamed her for Prince and Michael Jackson's passings. It's such a shame because I feel it diminishes what an awesome vocalist and performer she is as opposed to who she was around. She's super gifted and clearly that was picked up by those who she worked with. I was really quite surprised to see her be on a show like The Voice because I felt that she was already carving her own path and story, but I'm glad she was there so we got to see so many great performances!

This write-up being longer than any of my past ones combined :wub: It was a real difficult decision to cut Judith as I love her, but I am ok with it knowing that it means Kymberli can be safe as someone I also really enjoyed. I'm just not sure how much longer she would have in this rankdown otherwise so I wanted to give her a good write-up while I had the chance!

Saving Kymberli Joye

Edited by *Lily
  • Like 1