The Voice US Rankdown (Winner Reveal pg. 117)

Solaris

ALISAN PORTER

alisan-porter-2.jpg

Pimpisan Porter - oops, sorry, I meant Alisan - is the winner of the tenth season of The Voice. She was on Christina Aguilera’s team in what was Christina’s first win and the first win of a female coach. (I mean they always had a 3:1 ratio before so I don’t know what they expected.) Christina has said she would be leaving The Voice after she won, so after Alisan win, Christina left the show for good. How shocking… Except it wasn’t, because they basically told us from the get-go that Alisan was the only we should be voting for and the only one that mattered, so why even bother voting for anyone else? (Shades of Lauren Alaina in S10, to be honest.) As I’m sure you can all predict, I was 100% not an Alisan fan and didn’t enjoy a single performance she turned in. After all the amazing contestants Xtina gets robbed with, Alisan is what finally gave her a win? Over it. I would say Alisan is one of my least favourite winners of this show, but looking at how many winners of this show I dislike, I can’t even say that she’s in my bottom half. At least there’s that. Anyway, out she goes now.

SAVE: Zach Seabaugh

• Like 1

CHRISTINA GRIMMIE

rs_1024x759-160611094223-1024.christina-grimmie-11.cm.61116.jpg?fit=around%7C1024:759&output-quality=90&crop=1024:759;center,top

Christina Grimmie was a contestant on the sixth season of The Voice, where she was part of Adam Levine's team and made it all the way to finale where she placed in third place.  And right before the season started, it was clear that Christina would be a fan favourite mainly due to her posting covers on Youtube - like Elliott mentioned, her audition was released as a preview of the season to create a buzz around her appearance. For the majority of the season, Christina was certainly the front runner with receiving multiple ITunes bonus and easily making it week after week. However her secure win didn't seem so secure after the semi-finals where she landed in the bottom and received the Twitter save - I remember some drama regarding that on Twitter as if I remember correctly, Adam only tweeted #SaveChristina while he had two acts in the bottom. Anyway, her finish in third place was not surprising on finale night - I can actually understand why she didn't win as her journey was nothing exciting and was quite predictable; It was not really a growth of a journey compare to the people that were in the finale & many people knew she had plenty of doors opened for her at this point. 

For me, personally, I never cared or connected with Christina - like a lot of reality-tv shows contestants, it was hard for me to connect due to the fan base and how they acted around here during that time. As well, I never really agreed with the assumption that she was the best contestant on The Voice - she was talented but certainly nothing refreshing.   What I will give is that Christina was super talented who knew her sound & I always appreciated the appreciation and love she had for her fan base - I have nothing but love for her and her fanbase, and I am sure that she is still singing among the great up there :(❤️

SAVING: KEISHA RENEE

Edited by *Chris

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

if I remember correctly, Adam only tweeted #SaveChristina while he had two acts in the bottom.

Adam and bussing members of his team, name a more iconic duo!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ALLEGRA MILES, Season 18 (Team Nick)

Allegra-Miles.-Photo-from-Allegra-Miles-

Now here's a perfect example of an archetype that I see often in reality singing competitions: the "cursive" indie singer/songwriter girl. These are girls who often have a very distinctive singing style and enunciation, and who stick to that pattern by bending every song they sing on a show to their will. Some people find this a sign of creativity and artistry, others see it as a sign of a limited vocal range and quickly get tired of these artists coz they "sound the same" in every song. For me, I don't mind them as a whole, I think they add diversity to the Voice cast and I can see the appeal for them. I even have my own share of indie girl faves on the show (Caroline Pennell is a perfect example), and my favorite artist of all time is the queen of "indie cursive" artists. It just all comes down to one thing: TONE. For me to love an indie girl, I should be able to stand listening to their tones and stylings repeatedly, coz I'm obsessive when it comes to listening to music. I actually liked Allegra's audition and battle a LOT when I first saw it. And I like that her tone is smokier than most of her fellow indie girls. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to hold my interest as the show progressed, mostly due to the terrible song choices and the whole "live from home" situation they got going on. Sorry to her fans, but I think this is as far as she needs to go in this rankdown.

FAVORITE PERFORMANCE: How Will I Know (Battles)

SAVING: Todd Tilghman

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Elliott said:

ALISAN PORTER

The only thing I loved about Alisan was her audition. Everything else was a tad bit overrated for me, especially "Let Him Fly". 

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, *Chris said:

The only thing I loved about Alisan was her audition. Everything else was a tad bit overrated for me, especially "Let Him Fly". 

You mean you didn’t love when she did Stone Cold and they acted like she invented singing?

• Haha 1

Katie Kadan

I basically had like 2 choices and honestly I never cared for Katie at all so I changed my mind to cut her plus I remembered Lily saying that Judith was one of her all time favorite contestants so I decided to let her save her. The word screamer probably gets thrown around a little too often and some people are unrightfully labeled with this but in Katie's case I think it's a fair label. Katie was on season 17 of the voice and was on Team Legend. Katie was massively pimped and most people assumed you was going to win but I think America got sick of her and her performances towards the end so she ended up losing to Jake Hoot. Not sure if she was ever going to actually win or not be she didn't and I was fine with it despite not thinking highly of Jake either.  Anyways here is one of Katie's performances for you to listen to if you would like to.

Saving Presley Tennant

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, *Chris said:

Oh the confused face for "Let Him Fly"? Her version was no where near Patti Griffin nor The Chicks - people around here always acted like she's the only person to have done said song.