Forgotten performances/contestants that deserve more attention

Mistake006

11 hours ago, Blirel said:

I really feel like Tess Boyer is underrated. Yes she was a bit inconsistent but I loved her battle of Have A Little Faith In Me and she was especially good on Human

FWIW I remember her having many fans back when I started reading IDF (she’s the definition of IDF bait lol) 

12 hours ago, Harmat said:

-The runs, the energy, and the pure thrill of Natasia’s KO is so exciting. My favourite female cover of this song. 

The fact that Natasia lost her KO is insane, and the fact that that decision was probably justified is even more insane. S15's KOs were crazy good, but Zaxai, Kymberli, and Natasia were in a completely different league. I still have no idea which 2 I would've picked had I been in Kelly's position. 

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

S15's KOs were crazy good

Now that you've mentioned it, I also LOVED this one and I think the artist's kinda underrated here (idk)

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/422647/The-Voice-2018-Kelly-Clarksons-Wowed-by-Abby-Cates-Confident-Cover-of-Because-of-You-Knockouts/

Abby's one of those artists that was criticized on Facebook iirc because they wanted Delaney to win LOL, but she proved them wrong through this performance. She's one of those artists I listen to on Tiktok constantly up until these days (her tone's gorgeous). I legit thought she had a shot.. until Next to Me happened

• Like 7

Just now, sydneysam said:

Now that you've mentioned it, I also LOVED this one and I think the artist's kinda underrated here (idk)

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/422647/The-Voice-2018-Kelly-Clarksons-Wowed-by-Abby-Cates-Confident-Cover-of-Because-of-You-Knockouts/

Abby's one of those artists that was criticized on Facebook iirc because they wanted Delaney to win LOL, but she proved them wrong through this performance. She's one of those artists I listen to on Tiktok constantly up until these days (her tone's gorgeous). I legit thought she had a shot.. until Next to Me happened

Tough night for us Abby fans lmao.

No but fr S15 has one of my favorite casts ever, and I loved Team Kelly especially. Her knockouts team of Chevel, Sarah, Kymberli, Zaxai, Natasia, Abby and Claire was great. Some (most) of them were bussed at one point in the competition, but Chevel, Zaxai, Kymberli, Natasia and Abby all had really strong knockout showings, Sarah had a solid run, and Claire had one of my favorite blinds that season. 

• Like 7

Some other underrated performances:

• Caity Peters (Leave Your Lover) Ugh Caity was so good. I wasn't a fan of her when she was on the show, but she's one of my favorites in retrospect. This was definitely my favorite performance from her.
  • Mike Parker (Breakeven) It's hard to remember this performance since Makenzie ate him alive and literally murdered him on the stage, and there were definitely some rough moments, but I also think he had some really nice moments in this performance and really pushed himself more than in his audition or battle. 
  • Anthony Arya (Operator) On the topic of S15 contestants who lost their KOs, Anthony also really improved in his KO. I know a lot of people thought he was better than Kennedy, which I don't necessarily agree with, but I think he did a really good job.
  • Oliv Blu (Smooth Operator and On and On) On the topic of operators, I loved Oliv's performance of Smooth Operator, but I unfortunately couldn't find it anywhere online 😕 I loved the shortclip we got of her audition though and I'm still pissed they decided to give her the montage treatment even though she made it to the lives. I think Oliv being a massive underdog and still shining in the Cross Battles and moving on was one of the only good moments of S16.
  • Elliemae (Merry Go Round) On the topic of shortclips, Elliemae also got robbed by getting shortclipped and montaged. Her audition was lowkey so beautiful and I loved her tone. 
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

YES! Abby was so good there! Apparently she wanted to do a different version of Next To Me but they didn't allow her to, tough, but she's doing great on SM now!

40 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

Claire's There's Nothing Holding Me Back :( 

Yeah! Part of our fallen trio: Claire, Jake, and Katrina. Claire deserved a better song choice 😢

Edited by QueenCami
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Yeah! Part of our fallen trio: Claire, Jake, and Katrina. Claire deserved a better song choice 😢

IDF was a mess on those KOs. A number of IDF snowflakes choked in the S15 KOs: Claire, Jake, Katrina and Delaney.

• Sad 3

22 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Speaking of Claire, her blind audition is one of the most underrated performances from recently. Her tone is gorgeous and I love how she put an ache into her voice for the song.

💯 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Angeles said:

Stunning! This audition was so well done!

1 hour ago, Mistake006 said:

this performance was INSANE why did everyone sleep on Johnny Bliss

This was really great, though he sounded off on one of the "Aliiiiiiiive"s to me, I might be wrong though lol

29 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

She was soooo good. I can't believe Kelly let go of all her three country girls that season.

Brooke is more americana, but I see what you mean. The funniest part is that it was all connected:

• Kelly let go of Brooke for Damali
  • She let go of Brennan for Gracee
  • And then she let go of Gracee for Damali.

• Like 1