Forgotten performances/contestants that deserve more attention

Mistake006

Pia Renee - Turn Your Lights Down Low. I get that Victor sang a Jesus song, but his mediocre performance imo did not warrant him going through over Pia who gave vocals, stage presence, and even rapping!

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Pia Renee - Turn Your Lights Down Low. I get that Victor sang a Jesus song, but his mediocre performance imo did not warrant him going through over Pia who gave vocals, stage presence, and even rapping!

I was just thinking about how underrated she is (at least as I've seen). Her KO was epic and it wasn't just a flash in the pan either, I really loved her next 2 performances too.

28 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I do remember her being better than Victor that night. I disagreed with a lot of results from Semis that season.

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

I'm glad that she didn't care about the audience and she just did her thing. IMO, she managed to give one of the most original and memorable performances ever on this show. She even served with her unique outfit 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Gustavo527 said:

After the mediocre, awful cover of this song we got last Tuesday, i appreciate this one even more. Hannah is really talented, too bad she didn't advance farther in the competition

as a hanna stan iirc skyscraper was messy but her a studio version is great and has this rly nice high belt in it

• Like 1

6 hours ago, allistr said:

After listening to Kara's really shaky rendition, I'm always reminded about this hidden gem.

this performance + Latch r the reasons i consider myself a mari stan tbh. song choices killed some of her other performances imo

she was so robbed after Latch imo

Mari's performance of 'Foolish' was praised here when it first aired, but hasn't been talked about much since. It is a really really great performance though, great classic R&B. Probably my favorite from her. The fact she gave us that and 'Latch' the same week and missed out on the semis to Kim Cherry is insane

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

bumping this thread because i saw an instagram reel of a character from Trolls singing "Lean On" and it reminded me of Darius Scott's battle on "Lean On"

please dig up some more hidden gems ❤️ if anyone posts something that is decidedly not forgotten though we (i) will have a problem 😁

Darby walker - ruby tuesday

People crap on her lives but I thought this was actually really good.

Drew Cole/Miya Bass - knockin on heavens door

I thought Benji did a good hard rock version and Madison's voice is unique, both would be good picks for this thread. But I'd say this is the best one. (not including Huntley and Niall's version)

Anatalia vilaranda/Missy Robertson- tightrope

Probably guilty of oversinging. But cant deny they made a straightforward song into a vocal moment while still keeping up with the upbeat nature of the song.

Edited by Hsamid

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 1:57 PM, QueenCami said:

QUEEN De'Borah is so underrated. . . her studio versions of her performances are some of my favorites of all time tbh. The live performances of course are less technically perfect but I think they're still strong!

https://www.metatube.com/en/videos/159079/The-Voice-USA-2012-Deborah-Who-Knew/ 

this performance is RIDICULOUS. how the hell do you frolic across the stage like a gazelle and somehow stay pitch perfect the entire two minutes? she was insane; i still stand by that her elimination was the first real robbery in this show's history and yes it still hurts!

• 2 months later...