American Idol Season 20 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

1 hour ago, erik g said:

I recall Leah posting the Top 10 rehearsing "A Moment Like This" a while back. Finale performance?

I think that was for the TikTok challenge duet thing they had on the Idol TikTok account

• Like 1

So for duets we have:

Christian with Michael Bublé

Mike with Deana Carter

Jay with Earth, Wind & Fire

Lady K with Ben Platt

Emyrson with Gabby Barrett

Nicolina with Sara Bareilles

Fritz with James Arthur

Noah with Melissa Etheridge

Hunter with Luke Bryan (lmao)

Leah with Katy Perry

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

So for duets we have:

Christian with Michael Bublé

Mike with Deana Carter

Jay with Earth, Wind & Fire

Lady K with Ben Platt

Emyrson with Gabby Barrett

Nicolina with Sara Bareilles

Fritz with James Arthur

Noah with Melissa Etheridge

Hunter with Luke Bryan (lmao)

Leah with Katy Perry

i mean it's not a duet lol but we also have Lionel with the whole Top 10

• Like 1

image.png.5276d326a1bbd849475161a2985db2e5.png

I'm getting ready to do Facebook stats and I looked through Leah's comments. Minivan's misogyny never fails to ammuse me because if Noah did either of these things they would be praising "how grateful he looks" or "how sweet he is." 

• Like 8

Top 3 Facebook Stats 

1. Noah’s Choice Performance (32k likes, 2.5k comments, 4.4k shares)

2. Noah’s Carrie Performance (12k likes, 586 comments, 929 shares)

3. Hunter’s Carrie Performance (6.4k likes, 644 comments, 441 shares) 

4. Hunter’s Choice Performance (6.1k likes, 650 comments, 580 shares)

5. Leah’s Choice Performance (4.1k likes, 418 comments, 337 shares)

6. Leah’s Carrie Performance (3k likes, 271 comments, 186 shares)

image.png.49efb1bfe057c43ac9f665fe7acf8b2e.png

image.png.9157dce206801a7221b63ca9be314486.png

These are the comments that show what Minivan is thinking. The second comment about how they feel hes "left out" (which is totally ridiculous and bizarre but whatever) shows why they view HIM as the underdog and not Leah.

I do think Leah can beat Hunter for 2nd because they aren't THAT far apart in facebook stats or spotify streams, but I don't think Leah can beat Noah. 

Edited by m1key
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, m1key said:

Top 3 Facebook Stats 

1. Noah’s Choice Performance (32k likes, 2.5k comments, 4.4k shares)

2. Noah’s Carrie Performance (12k likes, 586 comments, 929 shares)

3. Hunter’s Carrie Performance (6.4k likes, 644 comments, 441 shares) 

4. Hunter’s Choice Performance (6.1k likes, 650 comments, 580 shares)

5. Leah’s Choice Performance (4.1k likes, 418 comments, 337 shares)

6. Leah’s Carrie Performance (3k likes, 271 comments, 186 shares)

image.png.49efb1bfe057c43ac9f665fe7acf8b2e.png

image.png.9157dce206801a7221b63ca9be314486.png

These are the comments that show what Minivan is thinking. The second comment about how they feel hes "left out" (which is totally ridiculous and bizarre but whatever) shows why they view HIM as the underdog and not Leah.

I do think Leah can beat Hunter for 2nd because they aren't THAT far apart in facebook stats or spotify streams, but I don't think Leah can beat Noah. 

Thanks a lot for sharing the Facebook stats here. I stopped reading Facebook comments a long time algo, i don't even have Facebook anymore. These people have no remedy, honestly, it's tiring. I realized at some point that the more i can do is not giving them any bit of my energy. 

Honestly, i can't believe that some people are convinced that things like misoginy (and other things that i'm not gonna mention because i don't wanna hurt some sensitivities) don't have an effect on the outcoming of these shows. When we have so few female winners, there is a problem there. 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Thanks a lot for sharing the Facebook stats here. I stopped reading Facebook comments a long time algo, i don't even have Facebook anymore. These people have no remedy, honestly, it's tiring. I realized at some point that the more i can do is not giving them any bit of my energy. 

Honestly, i can't believe that some people are convinced that things like misoginy (and other things that i'm not gonna mention because i don't wanna hurt some sensitivities) don't have an effect on the outcoming of these shows. When we have so few female winners, there is a problem there. 

I'm not sure that it's misogyny so much as Minivan having a soft spot for the cute guy over the talented girl.  Although female misogyny could be a subconscious factor for them.

25 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I'm not sure that it's misogyny so much as Minivan having a soft spot for the cute guy over the talented girl.  Although female misogyny could be a subconscious factor for them.

It might not be direct misogyny, but its certainly internalized. Saying that Leah is "immature" for being excited about meeting her childhood Idol and making the Top 3 is definitely some form of misogyny, because they would never say a comment like that about Noah.

Edited by m1key
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, m1key said:

It might not be direct misogyny, but its certainly internalized. Saying that Leah is "immature" for being excited about meeting her childhood Idol and making the Top 3 is definitely some form of misogyny, because they would never say a comment like that about Noah.

Yeah, subconscious (i.e. internalized) misogyny probably played a factor with the Minivan contingent.  I hate that.

4 hours ago, m1key said:

image.png.5276d326a1bbd849475161a2985db2e5.png

I'm getting ready to do Facebook stats and I looked through Leah's comments. Minivan's misogyny never fails to ammuse me because if Noah did either of these things they would be praising "how grateful he looks" or "how sweet he is." 

Patti, respectfully, your opinion is just trash. 🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, erik g said:

Omg the Finale is 3 hours how will i survive

We survived Top 20 show, we can do this lol 😭

(legitimately considering only popping in for the last hour)

• Like 1

The finale sounds like how the rest of the season played out - disappointing.😴

This was supposed to be the big 20th anniversary season, yet only 2 alums are included in the finale - Carrie and Gabby.   Most of the "celebrity" performers have no connection to the show.

Likewise, all the mentor slots and performance slots throughout the season should have been given to alums.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1