The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 minute ago, jus.willy said:

We don’t have anyone with that description ?

None at the moment, it was Jonathan and Raq so far with 3 chair turns iirc (?) and they both turned John, Ariana, and Kelly

possibly Bella? since her other coach turns are unknown. Or maybe someone from Tapings 4 and 5

5 minutes ago, sydneysam said:

None at the moment, it was Jonathan and Raq so far with 3 chair turns iirc (?) and they both turned John, Ariana, and Kelly

possibly Bella? since her other coach turns are unknown. Or maybe someone from Tapings 4 and 5

What if it’s Jim and Sasha? It could also be Paris (but it wouldn’t make sense)

• Like 1

Just now, AngelaKD said:

Total spin. Ariana said her main rival for artists was John, but that’s not the story line the PR department wants to push.

It was a given from the get go that they were going to focus more on the unlikely duo. 

Hell, anytime there's a new coach, TPTB always pushes a Blake vs them storyline. It happened with Kelly, John, and Nick. Now with Ariana. 

Kelly and John are supporting players this season according to them.

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

NEW PROMO

As you can see guys, the narrative will probably be the usual "I'm Blake Shelton and I'm invincible", which tends to produce the opposite effect lol. 

Edited by echoap

2 minutes ago, echoap said:

I'm expecting her to have a similar voting appeal too lol 

Probably. She´s definitely not for everyone, but meh, I´ll enjoy her on the show either way. 

By the way, who would you say are people with potential of going to the finale? Not neccesarily winning, just finale.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, echoap said:

As you can see guys, the narrative will probably be the usual "I'm Blake Shelton and I'm invincible", which tends to produce the opposite effect lol. 

Yeah, that worked out really well in..

S4 - Usher’s and Shakira’s first season

S7 - Pharrell’s and Gwen’s first season 

S11 - Miley’s and Alicia’s first season

S13 - JHud’s first season. 
S18 - Nick’s first season. 

Yes, 5 of his 8 wins have come in a season with a new coach. S20 did not have a new coach. His other two wins (S2 and S3) were in seasons with the original coach panel. 

;)

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 2

I think we’re running into two different issues here and they’re getting conflated, in terms of contestants win potential. 

for team Blake I think we basically all agree that Wendy is the front runner, and we have confidence in her ability to deliver live. That combined with Blake’s voting strength makes her the biggest “lock” for the finale.

That said her archetype, Blake, older, female, isn’t one that has had success winning the show…even on team Blake. As she is the most likely contestant to make the final though she is rightly a favorite

for team kelly and team Ariana, we don’t have as clear defined top person, so that leads to more uncertainty with their likelihood of making the finale. 

team Kelly has a couple of archetypes though that she has been able to win with in the past, but we don’t know how well they’ll deliver

With team Ariana, we really don’t know how her personal fanbase will translate to the show, which makes it difficult to determine how competitive her “best” individual will be.

all of this makes assessing/handicapping the overall winner difficult….except it won’t be from team John 😂

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Probably. She´s definitely not for everyone, but meh, I´ll enjoy her on the show either way. 

By the way, who would you say are people with potential of going to the finale? Not neccesarily winning, just finale.

Peedy and Wendy, Holly (or maaaaybe Ryleigh, but this will need a miracle). The rest are fighting for 4 and 5 place. Probably Jeremy from Team Kelly too, he loves Jesus. 

21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Yeah, that worked out really well in..

S4 - Usher’s and Shakira’s first season

S7 - Pharrell’s and Gwen’s first season 

S11 - Miley’s and Alicia’s first season

S13 - JHud’s first season. 
S17 - Nick’s first season. 

Yes, 5 of his 8 wins have come in a season with a new coach. S20 did not have a new coach. His other two wins (S2 and S3) were in seasons with the original coach panel. 

;)

Kelly won season 17 lol. I don't know about earlier seasons but that's been the case lately. Same happened with Kelly. When she got two wins in a row, they announced a "Team Kelly three-peat" and her season 16 team ended up being a joke in terms of a potential winner. Blake will probably still get the runner up and two finalists but I'm not buying this Blake hype yet. 

5 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

In terms of contestants that "scream winner", precisely 0 of the contestants this season have given me that. I kind of like it that way. 

Yep, we're not gonna have a conventional winner this season. Peedy and Hailey are kinda "conventional" on paper but I don't think they are winning. 

3 minutes ago, ammonium said:

For which contestant Blake is trying to turn his chair back again? Any idea?

No idea. The contestant probably said something that made him angry if that’s the case

Now I’m reminded of what happened in Adam DeVine’s mock audition

4 minutes ago, echoap said:

Kelly won season 17 lol. I don't know about earlier seasons but that's been the case lately. Same happened with Kelly. When she got two wins in a row, they announced a "Team Kelly three-peat" and her season 16 team ended up being a joke in terms of a potential winner. Blake will probably still get the runner up and two finalists but I'm not buying this Blake hype yet. 

Yeah, I meant S18. Nick’s first season. He feasts on new coaches. 

6 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

In terms of contestants that "scream winner", precisely 0 of the contestants this season have given me that. I kind of like it that way. 

The most common demographic profile of the Voice winner is a male, aged 30+.

That describes the winners of seasons 1, 2, 6, 7, 11, 17, 18. That’s 7/20 or 35% of all winners. No other gender+ age combo comes close.

4 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

The most common demographic profile of the Voice winner is a male, aged 30+.

That describes the winners of seasons 1, 2, 6, 7, 11, 17, 18. That’s 7/20 or 35% of all winners. No other gender+ age combo comes close.

If we break it down further into genres, we have 2 R&B/R&B-influenced guys, whatever the heck you want to class Josh as (pop-soul maybe? I don’t know, there’s not really an obvious genre classification for him), and four country or country-adjacent guys.

So a male, 30+, likely country artist (since the last four of the male winners over 30 fit into that box) would be the clearest cut “winner” material. Bonus points for facial hair (since 5 of the 7 in the male 30+ box had beards at some point during the show, if not the whole time).

Anyone know if any of the male solo acts this season check the 30+ and facial hair boxes?