The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

It was after she won her KO that almost 90% of IDF started calling Hailey M the possible winner. And yeah, they used that word :"winner".

I´m not on that train, personally, but who knows. However, my position still stands: A scenario that I don´t think TPTB wants is the new coach overall having a rough season, from getting rejected galore in the blinds, to practically being handed a threat in the KOs only to lose at the end because she let go of the apparent winner (Hailey).

I'm part of the 10%. Ariana dropped her for a reason. 😂

• Like 1

How quickly we forget Miley dropped the winner and the runner-up of S13, and TPTB did nothing to prevent those two from dominating the season. It was her 2nd season, but I’m sure they would have liked to get her the W. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

I’ll also add...Kelly gets ripped for some of her decisions, but has any contestant she’s let go to another team ever done well? I can’t remember any. Jackie is maybe the closest, but it was a constant struggle for her to advance. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

How quickly we forget Miley dropped the winner and the runner-up of S13, and TPTB did nothing to prevent those two from dominating the season. It was her 2nd season, but I’m sure they would have liked to get her the W. 

They did try to get Brooke the win though. The whole semifinals performance with the fire, and the baloons, they pulled out all the stops to get her to the winner´s circle.

They focused way more on Miley than on JHud on S13, honestly, which is unsual considering it was the later´s first season. Ironically, on her second season they pimped the hell out of JHud , with Kennedy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Misirlou said:

They did try to get Brooke the win though. The whole semifinals performance with the fire, and the baloons, they pulled out all the stops to get her to the winner´s circle.

They focused way more on Miley than on JHud on S13, honestly, which is unsual considering it was the later´s first season. Ironically, on her second season they pimped the hell out of JHud , with Kennedy. 

I think that was just to get her to the finale. 😂 Red was a legit PV threat. 

6 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Me reading about all these producer "strategies"...

Lemon Lime GIF by PlayKids

Honestly, you're better off thinking that the show just flows and this is about talent vs talent. It makes the show more entertaining for the viewers :haha:

Just for the record, the show isn't exactly rigged, but I'm pretty sure the producers have very specific outcomes in mind before the season even begins 😂

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I’ll also add...Kelly gets ripped for some of her decisions, but has any contestant she’s let go to another team ever done well? I can’t remember any. 

I *think* that Jackie Foster might be the one that has made it the farthest, although that was a collective effort.

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Ariana is not as dumb as Miley when it comes to choices. 😂😂😂

Miley underestimated the potential of the artists that are similar to her because of the idea that country gets most votes. (Also the idea of being different)

Unlike Ariana this season her PO team composed of 3 Pop singers and 1 duo and her steal is Pop adjacent iinm.

Just now, Jyn Mycle said:

Ariana is not as dumb as Miley when it comes to choices. 😂😂😂

Miley underestimated the potential of the artists that are similar to her because of the idea that country gets most votes. (Also the idea of being different)

Unlike Ariana this season her PO team composed of 3 Pop singers and 1 duo and her steal is Pop adjacent iinm.

You know this without watching a single performance? That’s amazing. 

• Haha 7

40 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I'm sure they wanted her to win, but Miley did that to herself.  And yes, she knew it, too.  True, she had no way of knowing how popular Chloe and Addison would be with the audience -- no coach did -- but she nonetheless screwed the pooch all on her own, with no help whatsoever from TPTB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I'm sure they wanted her to win, but Miley did that to herself.  And yes, she knew it, too.  True, she had no way of knowing how popular Chloe and Addison would be with the audience -- no coach did -- but she nonetheless screwed the pooch all on her own, with no help whatsoever from TPTB.

Well, part of being a successful coach on the show is being able to pick out the diamonds in the rough. Blake and Adam clearly knew. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rodney said:

I'm pretty sure Blake wanted Chloe so bad. Even J-Hud tried stealing her. Meaning they know the potential of her to be like by the audience.

• Like 1

Miley’s season 13 team was OVERLY STACKED, she was going to get backlash regardless, had her team live shows team been Addison ,Chloe , and Brooke that would have been amazing but a lot of viewers including IDF would be PISSED that Janice Freeman got eliminated in the PO.,Janice was amazing and deserved to make it farther than the top 11 Like Janice Freeman and Brooke Simpson had to be on her live shows team they were the best two vocally on her team. Had Chloe stayed with Miley I doubt she would have won.

Edited by Mohammad
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, echoap said:

- Blake thought that Chloe was a potential winner. 

- J Hud thought that Chloe was a pretty good steal. 

- Adam had no steals left. 

- Miley thought that Ashland was a potential winner. 

I recall Adam being shocked by the decision, and not happy Chloe ended up on Blake’s team. 

• Like 1

Here's my take on Hailey Mia, I never saw her yet singing in front of live audience (her covers are always singing alone iinm). Yes, her covers are good  but I'm not sure yet on how she'll do.

Given that she lose to Raquel (who has experience singing in front of the audience) I'm having a hint that Ariana considered technical issues here (otherwise why would Ariana drop someone who has a pleasant tone like her?)

Kelly possibly stolen her because she can see Brynn through her.

For her KO, "the sources" said she did well, given her song choice which is Arcade, not a minivan bait and not an impactful song choice imo. Unlike Brynn she did country song and made it sound like pop and it's well received. Also in KOs we can see a potential winner (given being consistent in past rounds) and if that's her song choice I wouldn't call her potential winner.

At this point of time for me Hailey (overhyped) is neither a potential winner nor a lock in the Finale.