«««Corey Ward Fan Thread»»»

David68

6 minutes ago, David68 said:

#movingonWARD

Yes! I will continue to follow Corey, because in all honesty, performing on live TV in a high-pressure competition didn't allow him to be at his best. I'm looking forward to see what he has up his sleeve post-show.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, David68 said:

Livestream alert

Not gonna lie..... that livestream kinda got me all misty. 

I was saving this when the IS gets posted, but might as well say it now.

If yall followed Corey close enough, you would know that this dude had a very, VERY rough time between his S19 audition and S20. He had to deal with his mom being rushed to the hospital DURING HIS FREAKING S19 AUDITION, as well as his dad suffering multiple heart attacks soon after. Add to that the specter of the COVID-19 pandemic, and you can imagine what a toll it took on his psyche. But Corey, bless his heart, soldiered on, and reauditioned again, with the purpose of making sure his mom gets to see him on the actual Voice stage because she missed it in S19. And the rest is history. 

Make no mistake about this though..... Corey has, in every round of the show, fought hard to keep his place here. He realized how lucky he was to be here, and acted accordingly. He never once gave up on making it to the end, and I hope people realize that and they keep on not giving up on him, as he said on the live.

What he does admit though, is being very tired during the whole week leading up to the semis, which is completely understandable. Not everyone can handle the pressure of the live shows. He says he hopes everyone can be patient with him as he takes a long rest to be with his family. ❤️

He however promised to hit the ground running and start on making more content soon, especially that duet with Kelly! I know he said before that he has been writing songs, they just need to be recorded and released. Exciting times ahead!

Sorry for the wall of text, but I just feel so strongly about this guy and I just wish the best for him! #movingonWard

Edited by Teraginn
  • Like 3

Corey's a true fighter and also deserved that Finale, especially after that "Iris" performance(his songs slay tbh)

I always loved his passion, even if it didn't always hit pitch-wise, I knew he poured his heart into it.

But now I want more music from him, I want to hear him sing "Because Of You" and "My Immortal" off show lmao. 

Corey you better not give up or we'll be mad.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, QueenMae16 said:

Corey's a true fighter and also deserved that Finale, especially after that "Iris" performance(his songs slay tbh)

I always loved his passion, even if it didn't always hit pitch-wise, I knew he poured his heart into it.

But now I want more music from him, I want to hear him sing "Because Of You" and "My Immortal" off show lmao. 

Corey you better not give up or we'll be mad.

The only thing he needs to worry about hitting is the pitch.... of my soul. *audible groans* *paper wads flying in my direction*

But for real though.... I genuinely loved Arcade. I have yet to see Iris, but I know I'll love it too.

You know what, he gave everyone on that IG Live license to call him out on making more content and music, so feel free to remind him on socials as much as you can. 😄 

And we really need to make a master list of our song suggestions, because we f***ing nailed them, unlike the producers. 

• Like 2

Also, felt the need to point this out.....I appreciate Corey and the rest of the Bottom 5 breaking COVID-19 protocol and hugging Jordan when he won the save. Class acts all around. He was also very congratulatory about Jordan during the live. 

Edited by Teraginn
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

The only thing he needs to worry about hitting is the pitch.... of my soul. *audible groans* *paper wads flying in my direction*

But for real though.... I genuinely loved Arcade. I have yet to see Iris, but I know I'll love it too.

You know what, he gave everyone on that IG Live license to call him out on making more content and music, so feel free to remind him on socials as much as you can. 😄 

And we really need to make a master list of our song suggestions, because we f***ing nailed them, unlike the producers. 

It’s almost midnight my time but I’ll get the master list worked up by tomorrow night.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Alright MJ, Gihanna is currently here, when are you gonna get Corey to come? Lol

(Jk)

I'll handle it. *cracks knuckles*

OK that sounded more sinister than I intended, but I already extended an invitation. I'll let Corey take some much needed rest before he considers it.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

It’s almost midnight my time but I’ll get the master list worked up by tomorrow night.

Bless you! No rush! We got like a month anyway before Corey can do any recordings.

When it's done, hopefully @David68 can pin it on the OP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I kinda gave up on joining fanthreads a while back but I'll make the exception for Corey. (please add me lol)

Now that I've gone through my stages of grief:

Super proud of Corey's run! :thumbs:

While it ended sooner than I'd hoped, he definitely had one of the most emotional runs in quite a while. He came back stronger and ready to fight after that no-chair in S19 and he always gave 1000% on the stage. Every round was just fantastic and Already Gone's easily gonna be one of my all-time favorite KO's.

Looking forward to whatever you put out next, Corey! You've earned a place on my signature :haha:

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I kinda gave up on joining fanthreads a while back but I'll make the exception for Corey. (please add me lol)

Now that I've gone through my stages of grief:

Super proud of Corey's run! :thumbs:

While it ended sooner than I'd hoped, he definitely had one of the most emotional runs in quite a while. He came back stronger and ready to fight after that no-chair in S19 and he always gave 1000% on the stage. Every round was just fantastic and Already Gone's easily gonna be one of my all-time favorite KO's.

Looking forward to whatever you put out next, Corey! You've earned a place on my signature :haha:

I just noticed his name on your sig! Yay!! ❤️

Already Gone is honestly the sleeper all-time hit of Season 20 for me. The fact that so many people are clamoring for Corey to record it is promising. I really hope Kelly's promise pushes through.

7 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Not gonna lie..... that livestream kinda got me all misty. 

I was saving this when the IS gets posted, but might as well say it now.

If yall followed Corey close enough, you would know that this dude had a very, VERY rough time between his S19 audition and S20. He had to deal with his mom being rushed to the hospital DURING HIS FREAKING S19 AUDITION, as well as his dad suffering multiple heart attacks soon after. Add to that the specter of the COVID-19 pandemic, and you can imagine what a toll it took on his psyche. But Corey, bless his heart, soldiered on, and reauditioned again, with the purpose of making sure his mom gets to see him on the actual Voice stage because she missed it in S19. And the rest is history. 

Make no mistake about this though..... Corey has, in every round of the show, fought hard to keep his place here. He realized how lucky he was to be here, and acted accordingly. He never once gave up on making it to the end, and I hope people realize that and they keep on not giving up on him, as he said on the live.

What he does admit though, is being very tired during the whole week leading up to the semis, which is completely understandable. Not everyone can handle the pressure of the live shows. He says he hopes everyone can be patient with him as he takes a long rest to be with his family. ❤️

He however promised to hit the ground running and start on making more content soon, especially that duet with Kelly! I know he said before that he has been writing songs, they just need to be recorded and released. Exciting times ahead!

Sorry for the wall of text, but I just feel so strongly about this guy and I just wish the best for him! #movingonWard

Did Kelly promise to duet with him on a song? This is exciting news. I recall a conversation he had on his IG story with this guy, think his friend, who said he wrote or did a song for kelly. I hope this guy will help him out with his new song or maybe an album.

1 hour ago, CoolBriz said:

Did Kelly promise to duet with him on a song? This is exciting news. I recall a conversation he had on his IG story with this guy, think his friend, who said he wrote or did a song for kelly. I hope this guy will help him out with his new song or maybe an album.

I believe that was part of Kelly's "last words" speech to Corey during the Instant Save. I didn't watch, but given Kelly's track record, I am optimistic about a Kelly-Corey collaboration in the near future.

I also vaguely remember a mention about Corey writing a song for Kelly, that is certainly very intriguing and I hope something comes of it.

4 hours ago, Angeles said:

I'm disappointed to see him go home, but he had an amazing run! He's an amazing person & deserves so much success. I'm going to keep supporting him & I hope others are going to, too. 

It's gonna be a while before he can produce anything concrete, but we'll be waiting with bated breath.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

Corey was great this season. Already Gone was my favorite performance of his. He showed so much passion in his performances and I liked his alternative rock style. 

He's the latest incarnation of the indie alternative male that I tend to gravitate to on this show.

Will Champlin (Season 5)

Matt McAndrew/Taylor Phelan (Season 7)

Hunter Plake (Season 12)

Noah Mac (Season 13)

Will Breman (Season 17)

Micah Iverson (Season 18) - not a fan personally, but he fits the bill

And now, Corey Ward. 

What makes Corey stand out from this crowd, IMO, is his emotiveness. It really lends a different flavor to his sound. Hunter is the closest to Corey's sound, but IMO he isn't on the same level as him in terms of authenticity.

Edited by Teraginn

congratulations Corey on an amazing run this season💖 i love how emotional all of your performances are. you are so kind and humble and so deserving of making it to the top 9 this season! you should be so proud of yourself. good luck with everything in your future! i love you Corey🥰

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

He's the latest incarnation of the indie alternative male that I tend to gravitate to on this show.

Will Champlin (Season 5)

Matt McAndrew/Taylor Phelan (Season 7)

Hunter Plake (Season 12)

Noah Mac (Season 13)

Will Breman (Season 17)

And now, Corey Ward. 

Yes I love every single one here

• Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 10:36 PM, VintageVoice said:

I keep seeing "Iris" suggested in the live's comments - y'all's thoughts on that? I'd personally love it (it's one of my favorite songs of all time) but I don't know if it'd fit him that well.

The fact he got to cover this in his Instant Save after seeing it suggested--

although I'm still waiting for that performance to go up on YouTube 😅

Here's the entire list of songs I found in the thread below the spoiler cut:

Corey’s Song Suggestion List

Mad World - Tears for Fears

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

Somewhere Only We Know - Keane

Naked - James Arthur

The Blower’s Daughter - Damien Rice

A Sky Full Of Stars - Coldplay

Starlight - Muse

Train Wreck - James Arthur

Delicate - Damien Rice

Cannonball - Damien Rice

Someone To You - BANNERS

I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For - U2

Make You Feel My Love - Adele

More Than Words - Extreme

Fix You - Coldplay

Skyscraper - Demi Lovato

Free Fallin - Tom Petty

Beneath Your Beautiful - Labrinth

Sober - Demi Lovato

Skinny Love - Bon Iver

I Can’t Make You Love Me - Bon Iver

Empty Space - James Arthur

Roses - James Arthur

Running to Stand Still - U2

The Scientist - Coldplay

The Only Exception - Paramore

Die From A Broken Heart - Maddie and Tae

Sober - Pink

Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis

Used to Love - Dean Lewis

Million Reasons - Lady Gaga

Oh! Darling - The Beatles

Perfect - Ed Sheeran

Because of You - Kelly Clarkson

My Immortal - Evanescence

You Lost Me - Christina Aguilera

Beautiful - Christina Aguilera

Dare You To Move - Switchfoot

River - Bishop Briggs

Breakeven - The Script

Into Your Arms - The Maine

I'm happy to keep gathering them, but even so we've got a pretty good list going so far.

Edited by VintageVoice
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

The fact he got to cover this in his Instant Save after seeing it suggested--

although I'm still waiting for that performance to go up on YouTube 😅

Your psychic powers tbh-

Yeah I'm still wanting to hear it on YT or something. I was able to rewatch it on Hulu though.

It was a great performance, I thought it was like an 8 when hearing it first, but relistening I found only like 1 or 2 pitch problems. Everything was spot on and the emotion had me like "WOW". Which deserved at least a 9 from me.

Edited by QueenMae16