«««Corey Ward Fan Thread»»»

David68

28 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I got around to watching Corey's IS, and honestly it isn't even that bad. The parts where he uses his chest voice are great, it's just the falsetto where the pitchiness came in. (kinda like Bruises...) Maybe his voice was too sore for him to hit the notes in full chest voice? 

I may be completely wrong, but this week, it sounded to me like Corey's throat was tightening up every time he tries to do a falsetto, causing him to lose air. It's especially apparent at the last note of Iris that he tried to hit. I don't know if the reason he kept trying to do falsetto was because he's too sore to do chest voice, but I think it would have gone better if he just sung purely in his chest voice. 

Either way, now that he's off the show, the pressure of trying to be super technical with his voice is off. He can just sing what feels right. Excited to hear the unfettered Corey Ward soon!

15 hours ago, Teraginn said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPeUjh5JN-j/

Corey is now on Cameo! 

I was thinking of taking advantage of this and get myself a birthday Cameo where I can get him to sing a song for us. Corey won't be able to sing anything till June 25, but fortunately my birthday is the day after, so I hope he can grant my request!

What do you mean by that? Is that what Corey said? Every once in a while I see that. Several people I’ve followed started gigging almost from the moment they arrived home. Jordan Matthew Young had a show last night. Did he break the rules? 

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

What do you mean by that? Is that what Corey said? Every once in a while I see that. Several people I’ve followed started gigging almost from the moment they arrived home. Jordan Matthew Young had a show last night. Did he break the rules? 

Yes he said that explicitly.

Maybe Jordan was only playing his guitar and that is technically allowed? I noticed one of his next gigs referred to him doing a "DJ set".

I do know some artists choose to risk it sometimes. Barrett did a hometown show on December 28, 2015, barely two weeks after the S9 finale. Maybe they just asked permission?

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

Yes he said that explicitly.

Maybe Jordan was only playing his guitar and that is technically allowed? I noticed one of his next gigs referred to him doing a "DJ set".

I do know some artists choose to risk it sometimes. Barrett did a hometown show on December 28, 2015, barely two weeks after the S9 finale. Maybe they just asked permission?

I just did a Facebook search and saw that Jordan did sing last night. I know the video clips people posted on IG only showed him shredding on his guitar. 

Anyway, if it’s true that there’s a rule stating that can’t sing for a month, it’s total B.S. Maybe you’re correct in that they’ve gotten permission. Otherwise, Addison, Chevel and several others broke the rules too. 

16 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I just did a Facebook search and saw that Jordan did sing last night. I know the video clips people posted on IG only showed him shredding on his guitar. 

Anyway, if it’s true that there’s a rule stating that can’t sing for a month, it’s total B.S. Maybe you’re correct in that they’ve gotten permission. Otherwise, Addison, Chevel and several others broke the rules too. 

I've seen artists mention this 1-month ban rule pretty recently, probably around S17, when IG Live started popping off and artists had to turn down people's requests to sing on IG because of this. I'm guessing it's just a matter of some choosing to follow it, and others ignoring it. Come to think of it, a certain snowflake of mine repeatedly broke this rule with his FB singing lives in the middle of his season, and he did extremely well on the show in spite of it.

Either way, NBC doesn't seem to care in enforcing this rule based on the examples we mentioned, but I totally see why Corey chose to err on the side of caution. I think he just needs a break.

2 hours ago, Teraginn said:

I've seen artists mention this 1-month ban rule pretty recently, probably around S17, when IG Live started popping off and artists had to turn down people's requests to sing on IG because of this. I'm guessing it's just a matter of some choosing to follow it, and others ignoring it. Come to think of it, a certain snowflake of mine repeatedly broke this rule with his FB singing lives in the middle of his season, and he did extremely well on the show in spite of it.

Either way, NBC doesn't seem to care in enforcing this rule based on the examples we mentioned, but I totally see why Corey chose to err on the side of caution. I think he just needs a break.

Sarah Grace released a single in the middle of the season. Pretty sure that’s against the rules, and really freaking bold. I suppose NBC just doesn’t want to fight every battle, and I don’t blame them.

6 minutes ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

Turns out he was sick during BOTH of his semifinals performances, he's also coughing pretty frequently live rn

Yeah, he's fighting off that cough all throughout the live. Hope everything is OK.

Summary of what happened in the two lives:

1. Once his contract is over, he's gonna go really hard on putting out music on his sites.

2. He received some very good news yesterday that he can't wait to share but can't share yet. Jose gets to hear about it later, but we may have to wait a while.

3. He's still suffering from Voice stress-induced cough up till now. Hope he gets better soon!

4. They discussed a while about the contract. They are surprised at how many people are breaking that rule right now despite them being explicitly told not to cover any songs or do gigs.

5. Corey's planning on touring soon. He has already planned a show with his old band Oakcty on July. He just needs to figure out the restrictions to plan his schedule.

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

1. Once his contract is over, he's gonna go really hard on putting out music on his sites.

2. He received some very good news yesterday that he can't wait to share but can't share yet. Jose gets to hear about it later, but we may have to wait a while.

3. He's still suffering from Voice stress-induced cough up till now. Hope he gets better soon!

4. They discussed a while about the contract. They are surprised at how many people are breaking that rule right now despite them being explicitly told not to cover any songs or do gigs.

5. Corey's planning on touring soon. He has already planned a show with his old band Oakcty on July. He just needs to figure out the restrictions to plan his schedule.

Thank you for your service 😉

2 hours ago, Teraginn said:

I heard Corey said about a producer in Dallas.. then he stop talking. Both of them starting laughing and he told Jose he'll tell him on the phone. I was all ears hoping Corey would continue, but 🥴

11 minutes ago, CoolBriz said:

I heard Corey said about a producer in Dallas.. then he stop talking. Both of them starting laughing and he told Jose he'll tell him on the phone. I was all ears hoping Corey would continue, but 🥴

yeah, I just replayed his live with Jose and I caught that part. Whatever it is, I'm excited and I hope it pushes through!

He also mentioned that he's gonna be in the studio in two weeks time!  ❤️

My speculation about the news he received yesterday is since he mentioned that Jose would be excited about it specifically, I'm guessing it's related to worship/ministry?

Here's the live for anyone who missed it. Unlike Corey, Jose saves. :P (Corey came into the live around the 30 minute mark)
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPmyU2lndqw/

Edited by Teraginn

5 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

yeah, I just replayed his live with Jose and I caught that part. Whatever it is, I'm excited and I hope it pushes through!

He also mentioned that he's gonna be in the studio in two weeks time!  ❤️

My speculation about the news he received yesterday is since he mentioned that Jose would be excited about it specifically, I'm guessing it's related to worship/ministry?

Here's the live for anyone who missed it. Unlike Corey, Jose saves. :P (Corey came into the live around the 30 minute mark)
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPmyU2lndqw/

Yeah, that's great. Hope it's a single or album. Hopefully a duet with Kelly, maybe.😉

Not sure about song related to worship. I can't see him singing gospel if that is related to worship, I don't know🤔

2 minutes ago, CoolBriz said:

Yeah, that's great. Hope it's a single or album. Hopefully a duet with Kelly, maybe.😉

Not sure about song related to worship. I can't see him singing gospel if that is related to worship, I don't know🤔

I was thinking more about him moving upward in his ministry job. Not necessarily relating to his music.

The stress could be atributed to the horrible format too, in which only one person gets PV, instead of two like normal seasons. Based on his playoffs stats, Corey would have for sure have gotten the second PV.

It could have been that, or the show just overwhelmed him in general, which kinda makes me question if he could have handled a normal length season, which is not a knock on his talent, but some people aren`t really build for reality tv as much as a career in music in the real life.