«««Corey Ward Fan Thread»»»

David68

19 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The stress could be atributed to the horrible format too, in which only one person gets PV, instead of two like normal seasons. Based on his playoffs stats, Corey would have for sure have gotten the second PV.

It could have been that, or the show just overwhelmed him in general, which kinda makes me question if he could have handled a normal length season, which is not a knock on his talent, but some people aren`t really build for reality tv as much as a career in music in the real life.

It’s a hard show, in general. Even Taryn, who had been performing in Nashville for years struggled. The show is hard and is difficult, especially those who get a emotional easily. The good news is that the positive memories and interactions seem to outweigh the stress.

• Like 1

Two more song suggestions for Corey that I’ll add to my master list once I’m home from work:

Someone Like You (Adele)

The Story (Brandi Carlile)

They’re both big range female vocals that are packed with emotion, so while they’re big asks I think both of them could actually work fairly well for Corey if he tried to tackle them. Y’all let me know your thoughts though.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Two more song suggestions for Corey that I’ll add to my master list once I’m home from work:

Someone Like You (Adele)

They’re both big range female vocals that are packed with emotion, so while they’re big asks I think both of them could actually work fairly well for Corey if he tried to tackle them. Y’all let me know your thoughts though.

It doesn’t really matter since he’s not on the show anymore, but this song has massive trainwreck potential. 😬

5 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

It doesn’t really matter since he’s not on the show anymore, but this song has massive trainwreck potential. 😬

It does, and I'm not that confident that he would nail it on the show, but I think "Someone Like You" is a fantastic suggestion.

• Like 1

I actually really like Someone Like You for Corey, as long as he doesn't try the falsetto parts.

Anyway, still counting the weeks till I can finally request that birthday Cameo from Corey. I've narrowed down my song suggestions for him to two songs. Hope it works out!

Just now, sydneysam said:

Corey just posted this on his Instagram

IMG-20210607-004416.jpg

two of my faves in one frame 🥺🤍 

I Love Flirting GIF

also, funny thing is I was actually scrolling through this fan thread/IG profile of Corey because I was looking for an off-show photo of him to use for my artwork lol, then I saw his story- thanks for saving me time, Corey! 😂

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Someone Like You (Adele)

I've added them both.

2 hours ago, David68 said:

Is this the TV appearance that Corey was referring to in his IG story?

I was hoping he'd say something more concrete about his music plans, can't wait till he can talk more about that.

HOLY SH**.....

So I was just searching through FB for random Corey videos and I stumbled upon this little gem of a cover Corey did of Chasing Cars back in 2018!!!!

The video is half Corey singing and half some dude doing some spoken word stuff, but I honestly think the video is worth it, Corey's voice on this song is PURE BLISS.

The good stuff is at 0:00 to 2:18. Hope y'all enjoy it as much as I did LOL.

https://www.facebook.com/lifepointeworshipnc/videos/936706659857985/

• Like 4

4 hours ago, colemanftw said:

How tall is Corey?

Eyeballing it from the Instant Save video for the playoffs: I believe Ryleigh is 5'2" and she's wearing platform boots that make her about the same height as all three of the guys, so I'm guessing Corey's ~5'7" give or take an inch (as are Pete and Jose).

On 6/11/2021 at 11:56 AM, Teraginn said:

HOLY SH**.....

So I was just searching through FB for random Corey videos and I stumbled upon this little gem of a cover Corey did of Chasing Cars back in 2018!!!!

The video is half Corey singing and half some dude doing some spoken word stuff, but I honestly think the video is worth it, Corey's voice on this song is PURE BLISS.

The good stuff is at 0:00 to 2:18. Hope y'all enjoy it as much as I did LOL.

https://www.facebook.com/lifepointeworshipnc/videos/936706659857985/

Second song on VV's suggestion list!!!

2 hours ago, David68 said:

Second song on VV's suggestion list!!!

Hope he can work through our list eventually! 

You can tell the cover was from a while back because Corey sounds like he was holding back a little in the video.....but ugh that tone, on that song.... love it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I finally caught one of Corey's IG Lives again last Monday and not only did he sang,  but he also shared some great news! I'm gonna try to summarize what I can remember.

1. He's in talks with producers in LA, Texas, etc. and he's been doing demos and concepts in his home studio in preparation for the impending termination of his Voice contract this Friday, June 25.

2. He's planning on taking songwriting concepts and suggestions from his fans as a way of saying thank you for the support he's getting! If y'all are musically or at least literally inclined, I suggest you take this opportunity and collaborate with Corey! Details soon!

3. He sang a bunch of songs, some from the Voice, and some new ones, including a GORGEOUS snippet of Can I Be Him that he definitely needs to make full-length!

4. He is actually planning on a trip to LA soon, hopefully to record something for release!

Glad he's committing on doing these Monday IG Lives, hope to catch y'all on the next one! I believe he'll have some fans on his live next week, so don't miss it!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5